Eizo FlexScan EV2450 and EV2455 ultra slim

Bestio

n00b
I need a new monitor for my shop, and these new ones from Eizo seems very interesting.

Eizo FlexScan EV2450: - 23.8" 16/9 - 1920×1080 - IPS Panel

Eizo FlexScan EV2455: - 24.1" 16/10 - 1920x1200 - IPS Panel

newproduct_20140909_eizoEV2455_I.jpg

EIZO_FlexScan_EV245X.jpg

tm_1409eizo_06.jpg
01_588x.jpg

They should look really gorgeous on my shop counter.
I would prefer a 16/10 display for office and shop management work, but the ev2455 is really much more expensive than the 16/9 brother ec2450.
Why almost 50% more for just some vertical space?

Dell U2414h and U2415 seems very similar to these Eizo, Eizo EV2450 costs just a little more than Dell U2414h, but Eizo EV2455 costs almost twice than Dell U2415 .

Last edited:
I recently bought the EV2455 from Amazon UK (I'm from the US), and it's a lot cheaper than from any American source, even after shipping. Right now it would cost $421.74 to get it in the US in two or three business days. Just choose Amazon as the seller, add the £298.80 item to the cart, and watch it change to £249.00 after choosing your shipping address. I was worried about overseas returns, but I ended up replacing my first EV2455 and having the full $105 shipping cost refunded quickly, plus an extra $10. The replacement came as fast as the first one.

I can give impressions or pictures if anyone is interested. To preempt a few questions: yes, there's bottom-right corner glow; yes, the corners are dim on light backgrounds, especially the bottom ones, but mine are not half as bad as some that I've seen online; and yes, the monitor is better than the U2415 (I returned one of these, too). The touch buttons actually work every time!

Thank you. Yeah, I'm interested in more impressions, especially on the visual quality and gaming performance.

I haven't played any games on it. Text was my main concern, and it's clearer than I've seen on any monitor (never used a glossy one). Colors are as vivid as you'd expect, though viewing angles are just decent, with darker images washing out faster than with some IPS I've seen. Glow is visible in the bottom-right at normal viewing distances—I see a bit of it now on Hardforum at about 2.5 feet and 25 brightness—which makes me wonder how some reviewers' units look so pristine on dark screens. There's also a slight color temperature shift on white screens at unusual angles. Others have described this panel better than I could, but in general, everything looks great. TFT Central's observations of low lag, pretty good pixel response and minimal overshoot make me think this is a solid choice for gaming if you don't care about the reduced FOV at 16:10.

The important stuff to highlight, I think, is what separates this from the U2415. I know it's a small sample size, but my U2415's white point was way off: painfully blue at the 6500k setting, unlike my two perfectly white EV2455s. The buttons on the U2415 worked about 70% of the time, mini DP wasn't recognized at all, and sometimes it shut off randomly. Plenty of others have dealt with yellow tinting, along with DP issues and other nonsense that Eizo would never let leave the factory. My Dell had bad bleed, and both of my EV2455s had almost none. It's the confidence that Eizo's factory workers have done some QC that makes me glad I spent a bit extra.

I can report on any specifics I missed that you're concerned about.

I bought the ev2455 last week and was using a lacie electron blue IV 22" CRT up till then. Yes i know but I've bought LCD's in the past and thought they were trash compared to my CRT monster and remember lacie 4 was the king of the hill of 2002-2005 CRT's and cost over $1500.

Anyway while this is still not as nice as my lacie it is acceptable the colours are nice the contrast is reasonable (still very bad vs my CRT and plasma TV but there you go) and my computer desk is thanking me every day not having a 40kg monster sat on it. The only issue I have is the back light bleed on my panel is quite bad on the left side, its so bad in the left corner it spoilers colours too not just blacks. I've spoken to EIZO UK and they are looking into it for me, their support seems very good so far and I'm expecting them to send me a lower glow panel rather than me having to RMA it through the retailer and lotto another panel. If I do get a lower glow/bleed panel I think I will keep this and leave CRT's alone for good, although if i see one of those sony 24" widescreens for sale I may change my mind.

Can anyone tell me what setting'a they are using for contrast and brightness because I just can't seem to get it nice at the moment. On my CRT and my plasma I always calibrated it by setting the contrast very high then adjusting the brightness to fit, but doing that on this monitor it makes my eyes burn.

With 6.5k and 2.2 gamma it looks very good. Maybe as good as my CRT.

If you read the TFTcentral review he said pretty much the same thing,
The dell using this panel is a little blue to the whites but the eizo is almost perfect white. I'm fine with it anyway.

With 6.5k and 2.2 gamma it looks very good. Maybe as good as my CRT.

If you read the TFTcentral review he said pretty much the same thing,
The dell using this panel is a little blue to the whites but the eizo is almost perfect white. I'm fine with it anyway.

Good to hear that. I heard ev2455 can't do pixel by pixel with 1080p sources so the signal gets stretched, is that true?

I've not tried with my PS4 but I've read the same thing ye.

Ive used any scaling so far, but if I was doing it on my pc would use gfx card anyway.

I wonder how much difference in panel quality there is between 2450 and 2455? 16:10 seems like a waste of pixels for gaming.

I only have 16:10 for my office (U2412M), and I only have used 16:9 at home.

Personally, unless I put them side by side, I don't think I noticed the difference (whatever problems I had with 16:9 aspect ratio, 16:10 didn't solve any of it).

Back