Eizo EV2436 for gaming?

krudus

n00b
Been reading a lot about this display, and especially the PRAD review was pretty glowing. It seems to outdo the Foris FS2333 in everything but response times and input lag. My question is, how much of a difference can it be? I cant really say that im gonna play games all the time, and when i do its not competitively, no fps games or anything like that, mostly rpgs and action/adventure games. Im really having a hard time deciding which of these two displays to go for.

Any suggestions would be appreciated:)

I have a EV2436W and I'm very happy with it. Although I don't play games, I think 9.4ms of lag is more than enough for RPG and adventure games, unless you're a hardcore gamer, and you'll notice no lag at all. If you're a hardcore gamer, it's highly recommended you go with a TN monitor instead of a IPS, because the former has faster response and less lag than the latter.

I previously had the famous and legendary NEC 2490WUXi, considered the 'god of TFT's' for many people in this forum and I don't miss the NEC by much with this Eizo. Eizo stands for quality, and as a bonus you'll have a monitor with zero backlight bleed as mine (well, I had to replace it once because of this and a pair of spots). In addition, IPS glow is moderate (but visible on totally dark environments with a full black background) so I think the monitor is well-balanced. Of course, there is no banding despite of its 6-bit panel (very well driven with top-notch electronics though).

You can read further about this model, including a short review by me, here.

Ah, and I'm an OCD Perfectionist.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have a EV2436W and I'm very happy with it. Although I don't play games, I think 9.4ms of lag is more than enough for RPG and adventure games, unless you're a hardcore gamer, and you'll notice no lag at all. If you're a hardcore gamer, it's highly recommended you go with a TN monitor instead of a IPS, because the former has faster response and less lag than the latter.

I previously had the famous and legendary NEC 2490WUXi, considered the 'god of TFT's' for many people in this forum and I don't miss the NEC by much with this Eizo. Eizo stands for quality, and as a bonus you'll have a monitor with zero backlight bleed as mine (well, I had to replace it once because of this and a pair of spots). In addition, IPS glow is moderate (but visible on totally dark environments with a full black background) so I think the monitor is well-balanced. Of course, there is no banding despite of its 6-bit panel (very well driven with top-notch electronics though).

You can read further about this model, including a short review by me, here.

Ah, and I'm an OCD Perfectionist.

I hope this helps.
Thank you very much HU. Your review was very helpful, im starting to lean towards the 2436w. Right now im sitting on a Dell 2209wa which im very pleased with. Its an IPS screen too and ive had it for around 3 years now. I havent noticed any problems with response times or input lag with this monitor, and the most "shooter" like games ive played are probably portal, fallout 3, new vegas and the mass effect trilogy. So im suspecting that if i didnt notice it this far, i wont notice it with the ev2436 either. Still, im still going to take a second look at fs2333, since its a great monitor in its own right. I also wonder if i can look at the ev2736 reviews and assume it also applies for ev2436, since reviews for 2436 are scarce.

You cannot go wrong with an Eizo, because they boast of having one of the best overdrive circuits in the market. I have read many reviews of Eizo monitors and all of them have a pretty well adjusted overdrive (they're not aggressive at all). This means there is no ghosting or corona effects found on other models. On the EV2436W you have 2 levels: standard and enhanced, and naturally you can turn it off. Your only concern should be the AG coating, because it's aggressive like many IPS panels (save for new ones with a light coating).

You cannot go wrong with an Eizo, because they boast of having one of the best overdrive circuits in the market. I have read many reviews of Eizo monitors and all of them have a pretty well adjusted overdrive (they're not aggressive at all). This means there is no ghosting or corona effects found on other models. On the EV2436W you have 2 levels: standard and enhanced, and naturally you can turn it off. Your only concern should be the AG coating, because it's aggressive like many IPS panels (save for new ones with a light coating).

Have you tried gaming with your screen? Yeah ive read that the "enchanced" overdrive on the ev2436 was pretty low on overshoots, and it reduces response times by roughly 25% which is a lot, so id like to have that on.

Have you tried gaming with your screen? Yeah ive read that the "enchanced" overdrive on the ev2436 was pretty low on overshoots, and it reduces response times by roughly 25% which is a lot, so id like to have that on.
No, as I said above, currently I don't play games.

Back