Eizo announces FORIS FS2434

Looks like it has the same "frame-less," bezel as the AH-IPS bezels which have an inner black bezel which makes blacks and dark scenes look washed out by comparison. Another fail compared to their EV2336 which is essentially the same as the FS2333 but PWM free, nicer looking and it comes with a better stand.

I wonder if it can only do 60Hz without frame skipping...

Looks like it has the same "frame-less," bezel as the AH-IPS bezels which have an inner black bezel which makes blacks and dark scenes look washed out by comparison. Another fail compared to their EV2336 which is essentially the same as the FS2333 but PWM free, nicer looking and it comes with a better stand.
Huh, well damn. For the EV2336, cheapest NA price is 400$ on Amazon right?

I think i found my panel...

http://pcmonitors.info/others/eizo-fs2434-new-foris-gaming-monitor#!prettyPhoto

confirms its PMW free above 20 brightness just like with the EV2336 a panel i used to be interested in but the lack of an HDMI connection made me doubt. Im i correct it uses the same hybrid form of pwm regulation with the EV2336 ie below 20 brightness it uses high frequency pwm and above 20 no pwm only direct current (dc)? If correct il getting my self this panel for sure since some say it uses LG Display’s LM238WF2-SSA1 seen on the Dell U2414H which is pwm free (also a panel im contemplating) but not confirmed.

Th EV2736W works with consoles, the EV2336W also will. The FS2434 will have faster pixel response times than the EV2336W but the inner black bezel (it looks gray in some pictures, maybe Eizo customized it but I doubt it) ruins dark content.

The FS2434 likely uses super high PWM (18,000hz) when the brightness is set below 20% like the FG2421.

Why another 1080p 24''? :(
I'm still waiting a IPS/VA 1440p 27''+ gaming monitor, but maybe it will remain in my dream. :(

Unless this is unusually cheap (Eizo + cheap aren't words that go together), I'm not so sure I see a point to this one. I realize gaming monitors don't usually benefit from 16:10, but if they were going to do a 24" foris, 16:10 would at least be a differentiating factor. Or go big with 27" instead.

So they have 23", 23.5" and now 23.8" Foris models. It's not like there is some gigantic differences in sizes there to make different models so necessary. I understand the point between the 23" IPS and 23.5" VA, but this 23.8" IPS seems sort of pointless to me.

bleh, another overpriced 60Hz Eizo 'gaming' monitor
and bezels should be matte and dark gray, otherwise it will ruin perceivable black level of monitor

Back