Eilt Bastards PNY 6800GT Review

|MaguS|

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone else who purchased a PNY 6800GT feel ripped off after reading this? Im mainly pissed about how in the review they mentioned that the card came with 2 games and a driver disc and yet I recieved NO CD's at all!

This is total BS from PNY, Seems like they gave the reviewers some perks to get good points and then at retail yank all the extras out...

I will be emailing and calling PNY with a BIG complaint.

Maybe PNY changed their mind. The box on EB's review is a whitebox and the retail boxes I saw at Fry's didn't have SC or Far Cry included.

It is pretty misleading if PNY sent those games for review and knew they weren't going to include the same games in the shipping retail product. From the recent date of the review, they SHOULD have known.

That does suck.

Good thing I already own those games (FarCry came with my mobo combo and SC...well, I'd rather not go into where I got that one). :D

Hanners (the author): "This is a European retail board - They may have differing bundles."

http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5603

That's fine then. The European package is also a lot more expensive: £285, about US$520. You can take the $120 you "saved" and buy Far Cry and Splinter Cell if you really want it that badly. :p

I am not sure but the reviewer is Hanners and he his from Europe so they may be packaging if differently over there, because even the sticker is different. But that does suck, mine is still on order and I am kind of peeved I have been hearing a $400 card comes with not even a driver cd.

edit-
oops someone mentioned the Europe connection before me. :eek:

LiquidX said:
I am not sure but the reviewer is Hanners and he his from Europe so they may be packaging if differently over there, because even the sticker is different. But that does suck, mine is still on order and I am kind of peeved I have been hearing a $400 card comes with not even a driver cd.
That's plain strange to not get a driver CD. I hope the first poster's experience is not typical.

I don't care for the game demo cd and driver cd my BFG came with except for nVDVD 2.0. The rest of the stuff is pretty useless to me: DX9.0b, old drivers (61.21), manual and FX demos. meh

pxc said:
That's plain strange to not get a driver CD. I hope the first poster's experience is not typical.

I don't care for the game demo cd and driver cd my BFG came with except for nVDVD 2.0. The rest of the stuff is pretty useless to me: DX9.0b, old drivers (61.21), manual and FX demos. meh

Apparently so, atleast the first run. All they get is card telling them where to download the drivers.

Back