ehhh so the gold connectors on the 8800 look broken

Acoustique

Gawd
two of them have bits missing and i have only been getting 4 bits color, only once did it boot with full color

i think it could be the gold connectors

Reckon thermal circuit drawing pen + masking the area will fix it

Or should i just rma it

Depends on if you want to wait for the RMA , if you dont want to wait try your idea. Remember though your method may void warranties and such

You mean the PCIe slot contacts, down on the bottom edge of the card where it goes in to the slot, or something else? Please be more specific.

I would not try to fix it with conductive pen if that is what you mean -- that will scrape off and potentially ruin your PCIe slot. Better to get it replaced. RMA the card.

You mean the PCIe slot contacts, down on the bottom edge of the card where it goes in to the slot, or something else? Please be more specific.

I would not try to fix it with conductive pen if that is what you mean -- that will scrape off and potentially ruin your PCIe slot. Better to get it replaced. RMA the card.

Some of the contacts missing is normal. Some card makers will not print/etch the contacts they dont use, this saves them on copper and gold use. Some manufacturers will print//etch all of them as it is easier when your useing the same PCB with multiple models. I dont know if what your thinking is broken contacts is just missing ones or if there actually do have some that weren't printed/etched correctly. Pics would really help here with your problem.

It helps to know what connectors. I would also assume you are talking about the PCIe contacts but please elaborate or give us pictures.

What monitor do you have? What drivers? Give us some more info before you go applying a conductive pen to it.

Back