Edge browser size help

Pegi

Limp Gawd
My 90-year-old father somehow changed the size of his internet pages. Web pages are perhaps a few inches tall; totally unreadable. He knows he hit some key combination accidentally on his laptop keyboard in frustration when trying various methods to input a password. He says clicking on maximize does nothing. His desktop resolution size is fine; it's just the internet.

It's difficult to try to resolve his issues as he is more than half deaf. I live in another State but will be visiting him in about a week. Any ideas as to what he could have done and how I can easily resolve it?

Have you checked the zoom factor in Edge? Also you might try to get Teamviewer setup, makes remote much easier.

Last edited:
control and + key = zoom in
control and - key = zoom out

Press Control + 0 (the zero key, not the letter "O") and that should reset the zoom to normal aka 100% instantly. I see a lot of people resize their zoom on a regular basis "by accident" because they brush the Control key while scrolling with the mosue wheel which adjusts zoom as well, could be exactly what he did like so many others. :D

I thank all you guys for your swift replies. It sounds like you've hit the nail on the head. I wasn't aware of these shortcut keys. I'll see if I can somehow get this information to him before I arrive next week.

I thank all you guys for your swift replies. It sounds like you've hit the nail on the head. I wasn't aware of these shortcut keys. I'll see if I can somehow get this information to him before I arrive next week.

Send him a link to Any Desk or Teamviewer and get the ball rolling remotely...(y)

Back