eBay Selling Advice?

erek

[H]F Junkie
Considering selling off my current components to reduce the cost of my upcoming Ryzen 9 3950X build. Looking for opinions. Think I can get 500+ USD for the cpu, and 250+ for the Mobo alone based on previous completed listings? Haven't started looking at the ram yet:

| [CPU][Intel - Xeon E5-2699 V3 2.3 GHz 18-Core OEM/Tray Processor]
| [CPU Cooler][Noctua - NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler]
| [Motherboard][Asus - X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard]
| [Memory][Crucial - Ballistix Sport 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory]
| [Memory][Crucial - Ballistix Sport 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory]

----

[CPU][Intel - Xeon E5-2699 V3 2.3 GHz 18-Core OEM/Tray Processor]

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr..._sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_sop=16&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

[Motherboard][Asus - X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard]

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...H_BIN=1&_sop=16&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
oh you mean "do you think". lol that's what they are hoping to get. I personally dont think they are worth that much, its old. I guess toss 'em up and see what happens.

oh you mean "do you think". lol that's what they are hoping to get. I personally dont think they are worth that much, its old. I guess toss 'em up and see what happens.

those sold

coompleted listings

those sold

coompleted listings
the links you posted, first one doesn't work and the second is just a listing of sales. post them for what you want for them. you are obviously set on a price.

Last edited:
I usually price my old hardware slightly lower than the least expensive offers on ebay, so it moves. It usually does because its priced to sell. Smart buyers will go for Ryzens ( I guess RandomX is the key word) Unaware buyers will not pay what you "could" get.

the links you posted, first one doesn't work and the second is just a listing of sales. post them for what you want for them. you are obviously set on a price.
Corrected in OP:

[CPU][Intel - Xeon E5-2699 V3 2.3 GHz 18-Core OEM/Tray Processor]

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr..._sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_sop=16&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

upload_2019-9-25_21-37-5.png

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You can look at sold listings, but you also have to look at what is currently on the Ebay market. Right now there are 2 Asus X99-Deluxe's at $230ea for sale (listed as working), and the majority of working boards sold in the $120-$200 range over the past 4 months. Price it high and it will likely sit on Ebay for a long time until there are no other cheaper boards available.

Same goes for the Xeon E5-2696v3 -- there are quite a few examples currently for sale under $400. If you go to sold listings, the majority sell for under $450.

If you want to cherry pick a high price, expect it to sit on Ebay for a long time and likely not sell until all other cheaper examples sell out. You have a better chance at selling at a high price if you offer Free Returns, are a USA seller, and have a high good feedback score.

I have also found out that sometimes you'll have people sell a product to themselves (and eat the fees / wait for coupons for low/zero fees) using another one of their accounts in order to make it look like the recently sold prices are higher than they should be in order to make a large profit on the next set of sale listings.

Last edited:
you clutter the ebay forum with listings that aren't yours, yet here you are asking for advice? i thought you were schooled in the art of ebay?

ebay selling advice ?

D O N 'T.....

sell ya stuff here or on Anandtech, TPU, OC.net etc......

save the fleebag fees & not have to worry about chargebacks/disputes/negative feedbacks claiming they received a brick or a defective product or keeping what you sent them & sending you back some fake chino-knock-off for a refund.......

rant over, taking you back to our regularly scheduled programming now :)

Reactions: AP2
like this
On one hand, eBay can get you exponentially more exposure and a fast sale for full price. Even after eBay and Paypal take their cut, you'll often do better than the lowballers you'll get selling locally on LetGo, OfferUp, Craigslist, etc. Major risk is that scummy people exist and eBay, Amazon, Paypal heavily favor the buyer. I'm amazed that Kyle didn't get hosed over the dude who complained about dust on a motherboard, FFS.

On the other hand, the local selling apps (LetGo, OfferUp, Craigslist) will favor the seller because that's just how cold hard cash operates. You do the deal, then never have to see the guy again. The major drawbacks are wading through the lowballers, waiting for a full asking price offer, getting stood-up by buyers, and (if you don't practice common sense) getting robbed/mugged.

Cast a wide net, and try both. Just observe eBay's policy on fees for cancelling a listing early and plan around that.

eBay tip: as you've already done, find the sold listings for your item, but then click the "sell one like this" link for a listing that sold high that matches your item. Ebay will list the average sale price and starting price for that item. Set a "Buy it Now" price at least 10% higher than the average sale price, then let her rip. I sold my GTX 1080 Mini last week for $380 + $14 shipping using this method:
upload_2019-9-27_8-55-36.png

Last edited:
Don't be one of those lazy assholes who let it auto-fill the description with the title, condition, and shipping service.

pack it well and pack it tight. if think this video is funny you'd better also think it's real because this is how it will get treated if it make it to the bottom of a load of packages with a heavy item on top.

Here's the general idea...

search ebay for completed listings (sold) sorted by Highest...

Model my own listing after the Highest (without full expectation of hitting that)

---

i've actually had a lot of great success with this strategy and it's only a very preliminary one, not advanced

Back