eBay Renames Yellow Star After “Nazi” Complaint

what? what would me telling black people anything do? none of those people on any commercial lived through slavery. civil injustice is one thing, living through auschwitz is another. your mom being jewish doesnt have much to do with this either, unless you're both ancient and she was actually in europe during WWII. if so, then disregard that bit i guess.

this isnt the kind of shit we're supposed to "forget", so i dont really understand why you're saying what you're saying.

by saying this stuff its making it seem like im taking the situation a little too seriously.. but thats not my intention.

You either didn't read my post or have bad reading comprehension.

And Stalin was responsible for the murder/death of millions more yet no one gives a fuck. Makes you wonder.

Thats true...the thing with Jewish is that hey have gone through the same thing repeatedly and then they don't want anyone to forget.

Being 1/4 native American, the United States flag reminds me of the horrors of European expansionism into North America, and it offends me greatly, so I want all US flags everywhere removed.

What does the other 3/4 tells you?
English please.

What's all this talk of "15 minutes of fame"? Um, he wrote a letter to ebay - that's all he did. Nothing more.

Lets look at the other options: Red Star communism. Pink, purple, bright colors gay/lesbian. White star white supremists... etc etc. Ebay should really get rid of stars all together.

But as I never went through the holocaust (has it been established this person did?) or any tramatic thinng like it I dont really feel my opinion on how that persen feels about something is relevent.I do think calling um names, etc is pretty sad, but this is the Internet, par for the course.

well it said the couple was living in france, and the guy complained it brought back memories of the occupation. so it seems like he was in the thick of it.

It was 60 years ago. Its a FUCKING STAR. Im sure everytime a holocaust survivor hears someone speaking German they get freaked out too. Should we ban the German language?

Seriously, ENOUGH.

ban german? obviously! perhaps even under penalty of death!

i already said this wasnt a your-whims-over-my-rights liberal pussyfooting situation. it was just some old guy being a little weird, and ebay going "oh shit how can we avoid this blowing up in our face?".. so enough what? you're overreacting.

You either didn't read my post or have bad reading comprehension.

what you said to me was irrelevant, or how you said it presented it as such at least. what point were you trying to make that went so far over my head?

Lets look at the other options: Red Star communism. Pink, purple, bright colors gay/lesbian. White star white supremists... etc etc. Ebay should really get rid of stars all together.

i agree, too controversial shape and color. maybe they should adopt an amorphous blob for user level badges. hahah

I could understand why eBay would do this if it were a group of people complaining; but for a single person? It doesn't make sense for a business to spend time and money to appease a single user because of his problems.

Back