eBay: Porter-Cable C2002 0.8 HP 6 Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor $73 Free Shipping

Thats a sweet deal. Ive got a bostich pancake i picked up refurbished years ago that i paid a hell of alot more for. Currently using it to finish up my bathroom. You only miss em when you dont have em.
Porter cable is my go to for power tools. Ive got the entire line up of 20v tools and extra batteries of course. Ill be picking up one of these and a trim nailer for the son in law so he stops borrowing my gear!
Thanks for sharing OP!

I have a 6 gallon Porter Cable pancake in the garage that I have had more than a decade....

I use one these as a portable pc duster works great.
I stopped using mine for PC dusting after I got a little out of hand and blew a component off a board with mine. Went and bought this after that fiasco. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J4ZOAW

I have used that for the last 9 years. Works really well and you do not have to worry about condensate out of the air compressor tank either.

z.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I stopped using mine for PC dusting after I got a little out of hand and blew a component off a board with mine. Went and bought this after that fiasco. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J4ZOAW

I have used that for the last 9 years. Works really well and you do not have to worry about condensate out of the air compressor tank either.

View attachment 365396

I have a different/rebranded version of that (or maybe just earlier version) - works great - prob 8 or so years with mine - just got tired of having to go buy cans of air (laziness + cost) - bottom can get hot after a bit is all if I had to pick something to nitpick about

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I stopped using mine for PC dusting after I got a little out of hand and blew a component off a board with mine.
SMD’s are overrate, we used a compressor to blow out pc’s and the boss always reminded us not to spin-out the fan bearings.:stop::dead:

I bought on of these years ago, it was part of a kit, brad nailer, stapler, etc. Does the job and comes in handy for other things, i.e. blowing dust and dirt or filling tires and pool floats.

Exact model sitting in my garage since last year. Has been great!

Back