Ebay or Paypal which is best for disputng a transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyAMD

Gawd
Got a ebay dispute, I have found that I can't open both a ebay and paypal dispute. Which one will give me satisfaction quicker ?

I've had two issues with buying incorrectly graded records on eBay, went through eBay on both and won - the eBay one gives the seller a day or two to respond so it wasn't immediate, but their responses in those cases were all "what are you talking about, it was in Mint condition when I sent it", I provided photos that clearly showed they were full of it, and they were over in a few days.

I don't know how it would work if you go directly through PayPal, even though the companies aren't technically the same anymore I think it may provide the buyer/seller with the same coverage/ he said/she said response time. With eBay though, one was so egregious that they cancelled the sellers account.

Depends on if you're the buyer or the seller.

If buyer - Ebay. Fucks the seller 99% of the time regardless of evidence.
If seller - Paypal. They actually look at the evidence and will attempt to mediate disputes.

What is the problem you're having?

Guy never sent the merchandise, seems second time he has done this with same item !

Transactions that happened outside of the Hardforum FS/FT community are off-topic, and threads started about them will be locked or deleted. Threads regarding eBay transactions that originated in the [H]ardForum eBay auction forum are permitted, non-forum related problems originating from the eBay website are not. Those posts are considered off-topic and will be closed or deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back