eBay noob needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
Wasn't sure if I should of posted this in GenMay or here, but it seems to fit here so if a mod feels that it should be moved, let me know and I'll lock it/create a new one

Anyway, I'm not an experienced ebayer at all. I've only ever done maybe 10 transactions in my entire life, all of which was buying, so forgive my ignorance when it comes to stuff that might seem like common ebay knowledge.

So I'm trying to sell a laptop. I set a fairly low starting bid and added a buy it now option for what I feel is a fair price. When I listed the item, I mistakenly said that the processor was 100MHz faster than it was (I should of double checked). I wasn't able to revise the auction title or the existing description, as there is already a bid on it, but I was able to add a revision at the bottom of the description in 32pt BOLD and underlined letters saying that the processor speed was a mistake and gave the actual speed, along with the processor model number so there would be no confusion.

Now my question is... when I set this up I didn't offer any refunds. Buyers, however, are still protected under the "item not as described" thing that ebay does (which is a good thing, IMO). Could the typo screw me, or do you feel that revision would be enough to cover my ass in the event that someone has buyer remorse and wants to return it, using that as an excuse? Because the reserve is met, I also can't cancel the auction.

While I'm asking questions, I was also a little concerned as the person who bid on my item (that I mentioned before) claims to be from China. Under shipping terms, It says that I only offer shipping inside the US and also offer free pickup. Should I be worried?

here is my auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181417979108

thanks a lot guys/girls

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back