Ebay: new 6700k, 309.99

Listing removed, sold out or ?

*nevermind, weird link issue*

What's a good MB for this? Mid-range, not an uber $400+ one

I picked up MSI Z170A SLI PLUS (gold review from this site). Haven't done any OCing yet, just finally put the build together this past Tuesday but no issues so far.

I picked up MSI Z170A SLI PLUS (gold review from this site). Haven't done any OCing yet, just finally put the build together this past Tuesday but no issues so far.

Same here. Its a been pretty good so far, no issues to speak of. Haven't overclocked the my 6700 on it yet but it had no problems running Gskill Ripjaw V's with the XMP 3200mhz profile. The placement of the M2 slot is ideal on it and it has reinforced PCI slots for heavy Graphics cards. The onboard sound quality on this motherboard is pretty kick ass also.

I guess my only complaint about it would be for it to have more PWM fan headers (it comes with 5) but for 120 bucks, the board is a steal if you're on a budget.

Same here. Its a been pretty good so far, no issues to speak of. Haven't overclocked the my 6700 on it yet but it had no problems running Gskill Ripjaw V's with the XMP 3200mhz profile. The placement of the M2 slot is ideal on it and it has reinforced PCI slots for heavy Graphics cards. The onboard sound quality on this motherboard is pretty kick ass also.

I guess my only complaint about it would be for it to have more PWM fan headers (it comes with 5) but for 120 bucks, the board is a steal if you're on a budget.

I tried to run XMP 3200mhz for the TridentZ last night and it failed to find my NVMe SSD. I haven't had a chance to try the manual settings yet, but I figured I would expect some trouble since the specific modules I purchased wasn't listed on the compatibility list. I used two fan header spliters so I could have 3 front intake, 1 bottom intake, and the rear exhaust controlled via PWM. Hopefully that won't overload it.

I tried to run XMP 3200mhz for the TridentZ last night and it failed to find my NVMe SSD. I haven't had a chance to try the manual settings yet, but I figured I would expect some trouble since the specific modules I purchased wasn't listed on the compatibility list. I used two fan header spliters so I could have 3 front intake, 1 bottom intake, and the rear exhaust controlled via PWM. Hopefully that won't overload it.

Did you update the Bios to the latest version when you installed it? That may fix you're issues if you haven't. That's the first thing I did. Latest version is 1.4
Support For Z170A SLI PLUS | MSI USA | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

I had to use a PWM 2 way splitter also.

So far my new rig is not booting up with this CPU. Booting blind though, waiting for cables and monitor. MB beep codes say possible hardware failure though. We shall see, but my "possibly opened" box, could have been just that. A recycled dud. Will report out when more crap arrives. My MB only outputs HDMI/DP and my old display is DVI-d. No new GPU yet as I'm waiting for a 1070.

Got mine yesterday and definitely wasn't open. Booted just fine and running like a champ. Now it is time to see how far I can OC.

Back