eBay Help

Keith130

Limp Gawd
OK I guess this isnt General Hardware but I wasnt sure where to post this. I recently won an iPod on ebay, so today I sent it away in a special royal mail envolope that is insured tracked etc etc. So today I check out the guy's eBay account screen to send him a message to tell him that I have sent the money and if you check HERE then you can see that it says he is "Not A Registered User". What does this mean, I cant access the send message screen and am unsure of what to do since I dont relish the idea of loosing £205.13. I have emailed eBay but am unsure if I should phone royal mail and see if the package can be returned to me?

You just got scammed. Make as many calls to as many people as possible to make sure he doesn't get that money. You should never buy from new accounts with 0 feedback.

Well I phoned royal mail and the package is now the property of the queen and there is nothing they can do. Unless of couse I phone her and ask nicely to have it back.

dandragonrage said:
You just got scammed. Make as many calls to as many people as possible to make sure he doesn't get that money. You should never buy from new accounts with 0 feedback.

.....WRONG! You are obviously new, both to hardforums and ebay. If this was an actual check, or money order and you have the receipt of it, and can prove it, ebay will hand over his information and probably contact the appropriate authoritys, notice how I said you must have the receipt or a bank statement or something showing you paid him. All his information is still with ebay, along with his logged IP Address. Dont worry too much Keith, ebay will help you if you help them.

Well "0'' Ebay feedback seller aren't all scammers you know. People need to begin somewhere but it sure doesn't look too good. How did you pay him? (certified check? Money order?) these can be tracked. I wouldn't worry too much. Ebay will help you.

PS: Never send the goods before getting the money no matter what.

If you send it via a money order, put a stop order on teh check. If you send a personal check, get a stop order on that check.
If you send cash, your screwed. Ebay has insurenece through Loyd's of London, but its only 200 US.

Back