eBay Fall 10% Coupon is here

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
Title is self-explanatory. Coupon code: CFALLSAVINGS10P
Not sure if it can be combined with the Live Cashback offer.

if this can be combined with cashback I'll definitely be picking up a 26" lcd. Anyone know? :confused:

I used a previous 10% coupon and combined it with cashback, I've already been paid for that session too. I can't say for sure, but I don't see why not.

Can someone confirm if this works or not? Im really interested in getting a BFG geforce 280 for 280$

Is there any way to test this without actually committing to buy something?

I just tried it on my primary ebay account and it didn't work either. May have sent out to only "special" people. ;)

i use ebay all the time, and i have NEVER received one of these codes in my email. what gives?

Not to nitpick, but 37%. It'll be 10% upfront, minus 30% of the new total- 63% of the listed price. Sorry, math major. :p

Nope, the live.com thing stays the same even after the coupon is applied. Too bad it denied it for me, said it's linked to another account....

I too buy and sell alot of things on ebay and never get coupons or discounts....

i use ebay all the time, and i have NEVER received one of these codes in my email. what gives?

It seems very simple to me. Why would Ebay give you an incentive, like a coupon, in order to persuade you to use their service if you are already a regular customer?

I got one last time but not this time. I bet it has a lot to do with how much you sell rather than how much you buy. I have 330 feedback on ebay. I use it a lot, but I've not really sold a whole lot on ebay lately, but have bought a dozen things in the last two months. Last time the coupon came out I had been selling a lot. When you sell you generate money for ebay, (arguably you do if you buy two, but ebay wants to encourage sellers to strengthen their business) I bet this coupon goes to those who have sold over "X" amount of money in the last "Y" timeframe.

The coupon code is standard, but will only work on your account if you received the e-mail or message that you got it, at least if it works like it did when I got it. And it does stack with the MS cashback. I used it last time in combination with MS cashback, and the terms of service at ebay tell you it does stack when last I looked - like 2 weeks ago.

This is really sad, but I can't think of anything to use my coupon on! I just bought a bunch of parts n crap.... help me buy sometin'.

I mean I could add a 3rd Velociraptor to my RAID0 array, but then... why? I don't know. I've got everything I want...

This is really sad, but I can't think of anything to use my coupon on! I just bought a bunch of parts n crap.... help me buy sometin'.

I mean I could add a 3rd Velociraptor to my RAID0 array, but then... why? I don't know. I've got everything I want...
I'm buying two things over the weekend: a P45 JR, and a hard drive to add to my RAID5- just can't decide between a third 1TB 7K1000 and a 1.5TB. I'm already waiting on my Gigabyte 4670, should be here Tuesday. :)

if this can be combined with cashback I'll definitely be picking up a 26" lcd. Anyone know? :confused:

Yes it definitely can be, plus the ebay cashback (if you are enrolled in that) :)

You normally need to be sent the coupon yourself though, they're not normally for everyone.

It seems very simple to me. Why would Ebay give you an incentive, like a coupon, in order to persuade you to use their service if you are already a regular customer?

At one point I was spending $5-7000 a month on ebay, and ebay sent me every coupon. I had no problems using those 10% coupons on $1000+ orders, and the free shipping coupons on the heaviest items. :)

WOOT!!!! It worked for me! I just bought an XBOX 360 premium 20gb with HDMI for $110 after the 30% cashback and 10% coupon. Didnt hurt me to try lol. I didnt get it in my email or on ebay but it worked. Should try it out.

Heh just used the coupon code and it worked on the MSI GTX 260, really doesn't hurt to try.

I bet it has a lot to do with how much you sell rather than how much you buy.
I've never sold one thing and I got a coupon.

Course, maybe I'm the exception that proves the rule. :cool:

Do these coupons work on an unlimited amount of purchases or just one?

One time. :(

PS. After I login, I noticed that I have an always present icon that says "You have coupons available". If you don't have that, maybe the coupon won't work?

I got the same email a few days ago with that same code. First time I've ever got one I think. I used it on a MSI Wind in combination with the 30% cashback. Appears to have worked just fine.

Okay, whats up with all these 30% cashback im hearing? where are you guys getting this and how?
Thanks!

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1351507

A few posts down there's more links to more detailed information.

It's worth the trouble, and it certainly is a lot of trouble to get it to work sometimes. This cashback thing has happened before (months back it was 35%) and people got their money, so it's not a scam or anything.

Basically it's a Microsoft program in conjunction with ebay, probably part of their initiative to ramp up interest in their on-going campaign to get into the search sector, which has perennially been the company's only weak spot in their portfolio. You basically use their search engine to find an item you like and buy (or that's what they'd like you to do), but there's a way to crosslink it to work with ebay so you get 30% off on a buy-it-now auction, paying with Paypal (only works with buy-it-now and Paypal).

It's worth the trouble, and it certainly is a lot of trouble to get it to work sometimes. This cashback thing has happened before (months back it was 35%) and people got their money, so it's not a scam or anything.

And it look to me like the 30% off at Ebay is over? :mad:

Ok, I'm dumb...I got the coupon but how do I try the cash back thing @ Ebay?

Back