eBay 1050Ti GDDR5 4GB $69.99 FS + No Tax

NovaCloud

Gawd
https://www.ebay.com/i/153015440988?ul_noapp=true

Not sure if this is some sort of scam???? I got this email thru eBay itself and was referred to this listing.. Can someone point me in the direction of what I am missing??

Note* looking into it more in depth.. just red flags all over the place.. I am surprised eBay is promoting this in their daily emails though.. think they would actually monitor it a little better...

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Lol one of the many counterfeits flooding ebay. Under the heatsink would actually be something like a geforce 460 with a modded bios to say it is a 1050ti. There are a lot of youtube videos on these and basically the custom bios makes even the original card hardly work.

2edvbev.jpg

2rqj48n.jpg

ny7l7o.jpg

2lx739z.jpg

It's like the sammers aren't even trying anymore. :rolleyes:

It's a legitimate video card and probably will work in a computer.

is it a 1050ti though... nope. Lots of these coming over from china, som older trash card flashed to report itself as a 1050.

It's a legitimate video card and probably will work in a computer.

is it a 1050ti though... nope. Lots of these coming over from china, som older trash card flashed to report itself as a 1050.
Watched a few YT videos where they bought them. Most of the time they were super old csrss from generations ago with bios mods to read as newer cards.

Yeah, it's probably not even a 750 TI. And they commonly flash the memory to appear greater, so from what I've read/ seen they artifact out of the box because of it..

Correct in what I seen. 2 gb cards bios modded to read 4gb. As soon as the game loads the memory, it glitches.

The video I saw was supposed to be a 1060 6 gb.

Turned out it was a gt610 with 1 gb of memory. And the cooler was atrocious even tho the pic looked good.

This is what pisses me off about ebay--why do they even allow such trash on their site? It's why its known as fleabay.

But beyond that, this is ripping off the US and taking money from the US and taking it elsewhere, and I just don't like the idea of that--especially on Memorial Day. :mad:

Was looking at these earlier today and then found the youtube videos explaining how they are fakes. Just another reminder that if it looks too good to be true...

Just another reminder that if it looks too good to be true...
And that's a general caveat that we should all look for no matter what or where we spend our money. But what bothers me is that a US company is helping US customers get ripped off. And to the tune that the money is probably eventually going overseas, it walks the line of a type of digital treason in my mind.

The seller has
(7771)
98.6% positive feedback.

Would't it be easy to get refund it buyers report the cards are fake?

Tutorial on how to reflash cards like this to 'fix' them:

The 1050Ti listed in the Ebay auction is actually a Nvidia GTS 450, so use NVflash accordingly.

The seller has
(7771)
98.6% positive feedback.

Would't it be easy to get refund it buyers report the cards are fake?
Yes I think it should. Most fake sellers don't want to get busted so they refund quickly and without hassle. I've dealt with this in one case personally when a lot of 10 NIB Intel NICs were fakes when I gave Intel the markings off the cards and box. The sellers/manufacturers had just take arbitrary valid Intel numbers and put them on the cards and boxes in an unmatched fashion that Intel easily identified as not genuine. Finding genuine Intel NICs was such a pain that I just got the HP version of them that was made by Intel since no one was making fakes of those.

And the problem isn't getting a refund, the problem is that ebay allows sellers to sell counterfeit items which by nature are misleading with the intend to defraud the buyer. (For the record I've seen this on Amazon as well.)

Back