Easy way to get serial number of each drive.

rkd29980

Limp Gawd
I would like to know how to get the manufacturer's serial number of each drive along with the drive letter it is associated with.

The various methods I have tried don't tell me the drive letter and CrystalDiskInfo will only show 2 of my 5 drives.

I would like to know how to get the manufacturer's serial number of each drive along with the drive letter it is associated with.

The various methods I have tried don't tell me the drive letter and CrystalDiskInfo will only show 2 of my 5 drives.
Which OS? Windows? Smartmontools under Linux shows serial numbers, I don't see why it wouldn't do that with the windows binary.

The problem is..you won't get a 1 to 1 mapping of serial number to drive letter as you can have multiple drive letters per disk.

You can do something like
Code:
wmic diskdrive get SerialNumber,Model

but then you'd have to enumerate over drive letters using something else, like DeviceID.

Using wmic as Snowknight26 mentions can get you the data, but it would be a 2 step process because while you can get the Serial number from the wmic diskdrive get SerialNumber,Model,DeviceID (DeviceID is what you will use to match the second request in another property.) Keep in mind that sometimes logical volumes (the drive letter) can span multiple physical drives which can make it more difficult to find out exactly what is what.

If you want a third party app which will give you all the info and has been the most complete and compatible with the widest variety of hardware (including drives behind supported RAID controllers) then HD Sentinel would be what you are looking for.

Back