Easy install heatsink/fan for a q9650 and asus max II formula

brhinton89

Limp Gawd
Hey guys i need advice for a cpu heatsink and fan for my q9650 and asus max II formula. It has to be easy to install much like a stock c2d heatsink/fan because i'm a noob and i WILL F*ck Up something! My budget is about $120. I'm also concerned about the asus max II formula's layout and if i will have the room for a big cooler. There is a review on the [H] as we already know and you can see what i mean when i ask if i will have much room for installation. Thx in advance.

Thx. i see its well within my price range. what kind of temps will this give me on a q9650?

Thx. i see its well within my price range. what kind of temps will this give me on a q9650?

OCed? Crappy. Not OCed? Crappy. At least for the money. Get the S1283 or if you want to spend more get the TRUE and have it (and your CPU) lapped, even if it's not lapped it's still an awesome cooler. And both will out perform the 9700. Also, if you are willing to wait and want to spend all the money (maybe a little more) the CM V10 might be the cooler to get, though there are no reviews out yet since it is not available for sell yet, along with no set price, they seem to range from $102-150.

How easy is the true to install?

The TRUE will be harder to install if you don't have access through the mobo tray for changing the back plate. If you don't you will have to take out the mobo. The S1283 uses the stock Intel push pins though, so you will not have to remove the mobo. But I think it is worth it to change out to a bolt through kit, even if you get the S1283, I would never go back to push pins.

Back