easiest way to make an iphone ringtone

i used this way for a little while, i found it much easier to use Adobe Soundbooth to create the ringtone, save it as the format then add it to a folder i have monitored and thats it...

cause when i googled it.. i got crazy ways to do it.. SSH client and all this unlocking business... so using itunes makes it alot easier.. However, you would think it was still easier, but i guess phone carriers have to make money by selling ringtones

Don't need a video to do it:

1) Take your mp3 ringtone and import it into iTunes.

2) Convert the mp3 to aac.

3) Find the file in the iTunes folder (usually in My Music under Windows, Music in OSX I think, can't actually remember at this moment).

4) Rename the file from .m4a to .m4r.

5) Double click the file to load it as a ringtone back into iTunes.

6) Sync your iPhone (make sure when you're looking at your iPhone properties you've got it set to sync ringtones on the Ringtones tab or it won't do it).

7) Enjoy the ringtone.

Using this process I can create a new ringtone on my iPhone in about 30 seconds... only one I use is the "Crank" ringtone, however. :D And, don't forget to delete the entry for the mp3 and the aac version in iTunes or you'll end up with an mp3, an aac, and a ringtone on the phone - 3 copies of the same thing, basically.

Back