Easiest way to get music from my desktop drive to play through my home theater + tv

malicious

Supreme [H]ardness
first time i've posted in HTPC...

My buddy gave me a pretty nice sony reciever when he upgraded to Mclintosh or whatever...

I'm thinking about buying a set of Klipsch floor standing speakers to go with it = RF-82 model

I've got about 100gb on an external drive that i use with my PC - Klipsch Ultra 5.1

I thought I saw a review a while back about a box that you could put an external drive in and it had an environment to play the music and movies etc... anybody know what I'm talking about?

thanks,

mal

If it's a box for both music and video's then you're probably talking about a digital media player/enclosure. Choose carefully because some of them do not work as advertised, while others are pure junk. There are quite a few jems though and you could research them here. If you're looking to spend as little as possible then the mediagate mg-35 is a well supported model that's usually "decent enough" to get the job done.

Personally i'd research them first to find the player that best supports the HT equipment you already own.

Back