Earth's Cries Recorded in Space

HardOCP News

[H] News
Get this, astronomers have discovered a series of sounds that, according to them, is caused by charged particles from the solar wind smashing into Earth's magnetic field. The sound would make a cool ring tone, it sorta sounds like that noise in the Transformers movie…..waitaminute! :eek:

Earth emits an ear-piercing series of chirps and whistles that could be heard by any aliens who might be listening, astronomers have discovered. The sound is awful, a new recording from space reveals.

Something doesn't seem right. The article says that the waves are 10,000x more powerful that any radio station, and if it weren't for the ionoshpere blocking them, they would scramble our radios. BUT.. if the ionosphere were such an efficient radio blocker, why can we receive such relatively weak radio signals from geosynchronous satellites, mars rovers, deep space probes, etc here on earth, when they all have to pass through the same ionosphere?

Far as I know, they do, but have not been completely figured out.

Where the hell is my tinfoil hat. I need to block these frequencies out. Must... Not... Kill...

Oh man, this would make a perfect M. Knight Shamalamadingdong movie. The earth cries out using these frequencies and only certain people can hear it and it tells them to kill people. Yeah, that's it.

Sounds like the death throes of a dying planet. Better yet, maybe all the souls of our dead attempting to reach the heavens get trapped in the ionosphere and start screaming? :p

Something doesn't seem right. The article says that the waves are 10,000x more powerful that any radio station, and if it weren't for the ionoshpere blocking them, they would scramble our radios. BUT.. if the ionosphere were such an efficient radio blocker, why can we receive such relatively weak radio signals from geosynchronous satellites, mars rovers, deep space probes, etc here on earth, when they all have to pass through the same ionosphere?

It's only effective at reflecting at certain frequencies. That's why your FM stations and broadcast TV can't be heard beyond 50-100ish mi max, while AM stations have larger daytime footprints with lower power levels and can be heard halfway across the country at night. Going even farther shortwave radio can be sent around the world without repeaters beacuse it reflects so well.

The planet is crying, mother. You and I will rule this place as soon as I get you out of here and take care of that meddling Cloud and his friends.

Or something along those lines, Final Fantasy VII was rather weird.

This was, I thought the cause of aurora borealis.
However, it is probably a source of unlimited energy that will go untapped until we are all dead.

Cheers!

Back