EagleTree Capital Buys Majority Share in CORSAIR

I surely hope they don't tank their quality. Looks like its not a full on buyout but lets hope they leave the company to do it business like it has in the past. They have a great rep with their quality products.

Hope the first department they replace is warranty. Such a sour taste left in my mouth trying to RMA I've finally started looking elsewhere for peripherals. Now that I know the warranty is a sham I can't with good faith build for people using their products. So let's hope a reorganization is in place.

I will stoke the fires of hope that this doesn't implode on them and send the company/products circling the toilet bowl.

RIP. I've seen this often enough to know the end result. Investors come in, milk the company in the short term by lying off staff and selling of units, then GTFO before the damage tanks the company.

I surely hope they don't tank their quality. Looks like its not a full on buyout but lets hope they leave the company to do it business like it has in the past. They have a great rep with their quality products.

What quality? bad and poor are also descriptors of quality. I think this will go like when Cerberus bought Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth

They are fucked. First ones to get the boot will be IT, billing/accounting, expense, and HR. New bottom of the barrel health care plans followed by yearly health assessment points for lower premiums. Then an onslaught of horseshit from the corporate necronomicon. Professional development, employee engagement, code of conduct, safety bullshit, weekly emails of acquisitions and new hires for people making 400+.

What quality? bad and poor are also descriptors of quality. I think this will go like when Cerberus bought Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth
Usually when it comes to quality as a descriptor it means good. If you want me to be literal.... their "good quality" products. I have several corsair items and they are rock solid pieces of equipment. (PSU and CPU liquid cooler). One can always hope but prepare for the worse......

Usually when it comes to quality as a descriptor it means good. If you want me to be literal.... their "good quality" products. I have several corsair items and they are rock solid pieces of equipment. (PSU and CPU liquid cooler). One can always hope but prepare for the worse......

What "good quality" products? After a 7 out of 8 failure rate I swore off Corsair and am sort of looking forward to seeing private equity strip this company to the bone and despoil its corpse.

Corsair went from being the first on my list to being the last for PC components. Shame their quality has plummeted so far these last 7 years.

What "good quality" products? After a 7 out of 8 failure rate I swore off Corsair and am sort of looking forward to seeing private equity strip this company to the bone and despoil its corpse.
Sorry you had a bad experience but i didn't...not sure why you are harping on me based on your opinion versus mine.....what products did you use?

That can't be good.

"EagleTree Capital, formerly Wasserstein Partners, is a leading independent private equity and investment firm, focused primarily on leveraged buyout investments and related investment activities"

So, they're probably going to take the company apart and sell off the pieces? Wow I hope not, Corsair makes good stuff.

A vast majority of my gaming components and peripherals are Corsair and when I have had to RMA anything to them they've always treated me very well. And I own/owned many of their products.

Sorry you had a bad experience but i didn't...not sure why you are harping on me based on your opinion versus mine.....what products did you use?

Six defective kits of RAM (3 DDR3 1600 Vengeance kits and 3 DDR3 1600 Dominator kits) including one kit where a stick of RAM had a hole punched through the board, one bad AX 1200 PSU, and one functional AX 1200 PSU. Cost me my first bitcoin wallet during the early days of mining when trying to stabilize one of the RAM kits wrecked my system and I had to do a clean install.

Six defective kits of RAM (3 DDR3 1600 Vengeance kits and 3 DDR3 1600 Dominator kits) including one kit where a stick of RAM had a hole punched through the board, one bad AX 1200 PSU, and one functional AX 1200 PSU. Cost me my first bitcoin wallet during the early days of mining when trying to stabilize one of the RAM kits wrecked my system and I had to do a clean install.

Must be your luck or perhaps mine. I've had terrific experience with them. Been using various Corsair products since 2004/5 (DDR1 dominators) and only had to RMA DDR2 Dominators after many many years of use (back when machine using them was just spare or media server) as well as my HX1000 kilowatt power supply which I used since 680i SLI era until perhaps 2013 when it suddenly died (no damage to the system like with poor quality units with bad protection). They replaced it even though it was a bit outside warranty. I have their various PSU models, RAM and one W/C and generally had nothing but great experience. Not sure if things changed but their RMA department has been by far the best which I cannot say about Asus for instance and that's their ROG support. Anyway, back on topic I hope this power shift won't kill the company or turn them to complete shit. It would really be bad for everyone and there will be less competition in PC component market.

Damn... RIP Corsair....

Corsair has never let me down. Even when I had to RMA a product, their customer support was at minimum 2 steps above others.

I guess all great things must come to an end at some point. It is going to be a long time before we see a single company be as great as Corsair.

Their quality is nothing special; just good PR. And if something goes wrong, their support is awful...

I hope this will fix their shit support system. It's a complete fucking tragedy. I have stopped buying corsair because of it.

I've got some Corsair chassis, keyboards, and a power supply, but I have never used their RAM, since I do not buy from companies that don't make their own chips... G.Skill did that to me a while ago, so now I favor Crucial/Micron RAM.

I have never had a problem with any Corsair product I own, and have actively recommended them to others.

Hopefully, I can continue to do so.

Before anyone writes Corsair's obit, read the list of investors. IMCO is a sovereign investment fund which holds the pension fund assets of the Government of Ontario, Canada. Think of CalPers but not quite as big at $50 billion. WSIB is the mandatory workers comp program in Ontario. These are heavy hitters who have deep pockets with a long return investment strategy. They aren't in it for short term capital sales gains like some US hedge funds. In fact, short term gains are not their strategies at all. Metinks too many people here have presumed Donald Trump and The Mooch are how investment is done. It's not. I suspect this wil give stability to Corsair and even encourage new products. Canadians, eh?

Back