EA: 'We Never Want To Be Worst US Company Again'

EA is not even in the top 20 worst companies. Who cares about a shitty nerd blog like consumerist anyway. And Origin is hardly their worst crime anyway.

EA is not even in the top 20 worst companies. Who cares about a shitty nerd blog like consumerist anyway. And Origin is hardly their worst crime anyway.
Definitely true, I think making an agreement to publish a game from a developer, then calling off the deal, but stealing their code to insert in their own game would probably be close to the top.

First, you might consider which group is represented by the majority of people voting in this poll.

I'll vote for them as the worst again!

I hadn't played FIFA, or any EA game, for nearly 9 months, and I randomly got an email a month ago stating my account was banned. They didn't give any reason why, until I got on the phone with them for over an hour. Turns out they banned me for "coin farming" with a "robot" in FIFA (still don't understand what the hell that means).

They are supposed to respond within 15 business days, and it's been a calendar month (20+ business days). To top it off, the decision makers for this kind of incident are only accessible by e-mail, and their customer service claims to not have any kind of contact with this "team".

I guess its time to pirate the shit out of their games since a paying customer was ripped off and left empty-handed.

Fuck EA, fuck them to hell.

EA has been slightly less than supremely evil and laying somewhat low as of late. I'd give the edge to Comcast.

The OP is phrased in such a way to indicate that the CEO, at one point in time, wanted EA to hold that title.:D

He's also missing a major mark: employee abuse. EA is one of the worst companies for mandatory 20+ hours of overtime and horrible timelines for software development. .....

Bullshit. the differences between NHL13 and NHL14 would have only taken 3-4 hours to make.
1. Open Dev command
2. search "2013"
3. change all results to "2014"
4. print new cover
5. profit

A lot of ISPs are garbage, Comcast is just the most widespread among them. EA on the other hand stands alone as the worst among other publishers.

What has EA done for me lately?
Released Titanfall. That game was pretty fun.

What has COMCAST done for me lately?

^%*%&*^(& ^(&*^ &(@*($##$$# (%_)#(%$_)(#!
*screams like a madman*

Maybe not quite, but Comcast is doing far more to draw my ire.

In before the, "Well, get rid of Origin and sell all your stuff on Steam!", crowd shows up.

That would be the best thing they could do for their consumers. I want nothing to do with Origin. I have about as much faith in Origins as I had in GFWL. You were one of those people who also supported GFWL, weren't you?

I have a solution!

Stop "developing" games! :D That way everybody wins!

To say EA is the worse company over some companies that have benefitted from slave labor is ridiculous honestly folks. It just a game. First world problems I guess. :rolleyes:

That sounds bad and all, but people relate to what affects them. Slave labor or whatnot... doesn't really affect them. Sympathy of the unfortunate usually don't win out against something right in your face.

Like say, your foot was crushed... you could save 20,000 lives by donating money to get food to the people in poverty... or have them be cured of diseases.... etc, but your foot comes first.

The only way for this to happen is for all of us to stop buying their games. I know that after SimCity, I have almost completely stopped. There have been a number of titles I was on the fence, but thanks to Steam and great titles for cheap, I have no issue passing up over priced, over hyped and under developed titles.

So is this the EA maxim now: delay launching if necessary? Wilson says it is. “We decided that we couldn’t get an innovative Need For Speed title out this year so for the first time in 17 years we’re not launching one, we’re giving the team extra time. We moved Titanfall on Xbox One out of our fiscal year; we moved Dragon Age, we moved Hardline. These were difficult decisions. The business of what we do, as measured by the stock price and fiscal returns, has grown - to me that’s reassurance that we’re doing the right thing.”

You could have straight up fired the EA managers which screwed many titles under the mantra of "does it run does it have any bugs enough to cripple a release, no , just launch it"

It is not hard to lead EA it just takes some vision to put the right people in the right place.

Oh, EA, even if you don't win the competition every year, you're still the worst in our hearts.

Wait, they DON'T want to be the worst? Bummer for them as that's just not gonna work out.

The sad part of this is that people are more upset about origin and not the fact that the games aren't actually finished.

The sad part of this is that people are more upset about origin and not the fact that the games aren't actually finished.
Nah, see I'm most upset at EA for making online-only games that don't need to be, then killing them so the game is completely dead, but its history of unethical practices towards employees or developers is a tough choice too. See the thing about EA is it's so hard to pick just ONE thing to hate about them.

Well, then stop fucking up by releasing DLC-bait trash like SimCity and Sims 4.

Microsoft will screw up Minecraft, and they will take the trophy away from EA next year.

We never want to be worst US company again, so we're moving corporate HQ to Canada!

Wait a minute. What's wrong with weapons manufacturers?
Nothing i find it far more disgusting all the companies that fight over the use of prison labor in the US because they don't have to pay them minimum wage. They just have to pay w.e the agreed upon deal with the prison is, ofc it's voluntary but it's hardly something benevolent to prisoners who often come out of prison often with legal fees which have now instead of paying for judge's and public defender's time with tax money we just charge fees and then when the people can't pay throw them back in prison.

But then again this is the internet with a bunch of self involved shut-ins online all day complaining that their entertainment isn't entertaining enough for the money.

Get rid of DRM assuming everybody is a criminal and go back to a simple 16 digit install code with CD check [or ISO check with NO-DVD patch] so that we are not subjected to signing up to intrusive 3rd party authorization to play the games we bought.

Back