EA wants your feedback on Origin

Cant be bothered to sign up to the EA forums so il leave my feedback here instead. They want to know (1) Your favorite Origin feature and (2) A feature you’d like to see added or improved upon.

(1) None i hate DRM bloatware clients and (2) the removal of needing Origin

I really like Medal of Honor and would have been buying Warfighter but if its only on Origin then no thanks. Why cant we get a version of games without these shitty clients?.:mad:

An ability to install every Origin-requiring game from the disc.

I had to manually drag the ME3 files from the disc into the Origin folder, then run the install, then run a repair to replace the files that wouldn't copy properly.

This is a problem Steam has sometimes too, but a command line fixes it.

I only have a few games on Origin, BF3, BFBC2, DA:O/DA:A and ME3. I've had zero issues with origin.

In fact, I have Steam, Origin, Battle.net, and Uplay accouts, and have had zero issues with any of the clients. I shortcut all my games from a single location, and when I start any of the game, the client launches automatically, then the game, and I'm playing in seconds. None of the clients auto-launch on startup and I usually only play one or two distinct games on any given night, so my background processes are pretty well maintained

I keep different passwords for all of them, and keepass is perfect for maintaining passwords that I forget in case the client requires me to re-enter it.

Use Origin as your BF server client or put it in the damn game you retarded muppets.

Release non-origin reliant versions of your games, preferably on steam so those of us which intend to use just 1 digital distribution service still have access to your library of games.

Release non-origin reliant versions of your games, preferably on steam so those of us which intend to use just 1 digital distribution service still have access to your library of games.

Ideally I'd prefer outright non-reliant period, but if I have to settle for something, I'd prefer Steam myself.

I had only bought 2 BF3 games from ea and they use Origin and that was the last games I bought from them. Will not buy any more that way. The whole way of doing business is bogus. Now Back to my other non EA-Origin games.:mad::D

My feedback? Really? Here's my feedback: Stop being little b*tches. Also, you SUCK EA. SUCK. Do you copy?

Favorite feature would be: DRM, it's the most frustrating puzzle ever trying to get certain games to run. You really feel like you accomplished something after that. :rolleyes:

Ideally I'd prefer outright non-reliant period, but if I have to settle for something, I'd prefer Steam myself.

Yeah you're right, I'd prefer to have options for both, while I personally prefer steam and I am literally only going to use steam even over physical copies I think everyone should have a non digital distribution version of these games, so people such as yourself can enjoy them the way you want to play them.

Why shouldn't we all be happy? "because we're EA and we're huge tosspots." isn't a good answer, if you're listening EA :)

Origin would be awesome if you had the option not to use it to run your games.... and if it didn't scan for the software on your computer, i.e. Opt in software survey.

Put your games on Steam, and let people choose which program they want to use.

Being restricted sucks royal ass.

EA: What would you like to change about Origin?

Me: Its existence.

Article said:
Since its launch in June 2011, Origin has undergone a quiet evolution, smoothing corners, strengthening foundations, and adding—piece by piece—the elements needed to make it a truly enjoyable gaming platform.

What exactly have they added since release? It still doesn't do even half the things that Steam can.

Here's a true Origin story from last weekend. I see a friend jump into BF3, so I try to join... waiting in queue... waiting in queue... (2min later) client loads up and crashes. Hmmm... try to start SP... crashes. Run "Repair install" which after a couple of minutes of hashing figures out that 1GB need to be redownloaded, real sloooow like. Before that's done, my friend is out of the game.

On the bright side, the game does load after the "repair".

EA is dead to me for as long as they keep their games off Steam. Their heavy-handed bullshit with Origin is absolutely terrible. I hate myself and them every time I have to load it for BF3.

Maybe they should take a look at how well GFWL is doing. Game publishers are ditching it.

Dear EA,

your "store" sucks and you make crap games.

Signed,

A Disgruntled Gamer

Either they sell games from other companies as well to make it worth a damn to have an account or distribute cross platform.
Coming into the game 8 years late does have a penalty - especially if you don't launch a same grade or better platform.
I am off EA until one of the above happens, and I would have bought BF3 and Crysis 2 and most probably Crysis 3. That's 180$ EA lost just on me....

Either they sell games from other companies as well to make it worth a damn to have an account or distribute cross platform.
Coming into the game 8 years late does have a penalty - especially if you don't launch a same grade or better platform.
I am off EA until one of the above happens, and I would have bought BF3 and Crysis 2 and most probably Crysis 3. That's 180$ EA lost just on me....

They do sell games from other companies. They also sell games that use "Steamworks" or other services from other companies.

I'd like the ability to re-register my Mass Effect 1 that's on Steam, on Origin, so that I can use Origin as a glorified ME launcher for all 3 games.

I'd like the ability to re-register my Mass Effect 1 that's on Steam, on Origin, so that I can use Origin as a glorified ME launcher for all 3 games.

You can. Ask a customer service rep on Origin.

EA is dead to me for as long as they keep their games off Steam. Their heavy-handed bullshit with Origin is absolutely terrible. I hate myself and them every time I have to load it for BF3.

I'd rather them stay out of Steam, at least Origin has much lower prices in my country, almost as low as retail, comparing to Steam.... I'll not be paying 60 euro on Steam for a game, that costs about 25 in retail.

It's fine. I only play BF3. So I don't care how I get the game as long as it works.

I'd rather them stay out of Steam, at least Origin has much lower prices in my country, almost as low as retail, comparing to Steam.... I'll not be paying 60 euro on Steam for a game, that costs about 25 in retail.
Of course. EA is charging more on Steam to compel you to purchase from Origin instead. Remember that it's EA which sets prices on EA products on Steam, not Valve.

What do I like? Not much (I just hate having to install extra software on my machines for no real apparent reason). The icon is pretty cool (even if it is a rip-off of the Carolina Hurricanes logo)

What can they change? The requirement for their games to use Origin. Give customers the option of which client they'd like to use. Hell, I'd probably even be willing to pay a few extra dollars if it means having the ability to keep all my games in the same library (Steam, et al)

Of course. EA is charging more on Steam to compel you to purchase from Origin instead. Remember that it's EA which sets prices on EA products on Steam, not Valve.

It's not only EA games, every premium game on Steam is about 60 euro, that's twice the retail price.

And, as I said, that's an issue you need to take up with the publishers of those games.

Sorry EA ... as a supporter of the modding community, I figured I was too stupid to have an opinion.

What annoys me more than anything with both Origin and Steam is that you MUST be connected to the internet even to play single player games. Of course I am connected to the net 24/7 when I can help it, but it's the principal of it that really pisses me off. I have tried playing BF3 campaign mode a few times when my internet connection was down but was extremely unhappy to find that it would not allow me to launch the game without logging into Origin.

It makes even less sense for Steam to require online login for an exclusively offline/single player game such as Skyrim.

Both systems are fatally flawed if you ask me, and this new trend that has emerged is one of the worst i've experienced in video game history.

What do I like? Not much (I just hate having to install extra software on my machines for no real apparent reason). The icon is pretty cool (even if it is a rip-off of the Carolina Hurricanes logo)

What can they change? The requirement for their games to use Origin. Give customers the option of which client they'd like to use. Hell, I'd probably even be willing to pay a few extra dollars if it means having the ability to keep all my games in the same library (Steam, et al)

Valve does the exact same thing lol. Don't be a hypocrite.

Back