EA rumored to unveil next-gen Battlefield 5 at E3 this week

GibsonEX

Gawd
Seems a bit premature to me. I think it's safe to say that with Hardline having been delayed into this year, and Battlefront coming out this holiday, we're not likely to see another Battlefield release until Holiday 2016. If that's the case, seems like the smarter move would be to pimp the hell out of Battlefront, and save Battlefield for next years E3.

I guess we'll find out in a few hours though :)

i'd be more excited for BC3

Because of the name? Or what else is it about BC2 that was so compelling? Don't say "destruction" because it was one copy-paste shack that always fell down the exact same way in a canned animation. Don't say gunplay because Hardline's gunplay and TTK is practically an exact replica of BC2 and yet people crap all over that and whine that it's "too fast".

This is no criticism, I just think a lot of people have romantic nostalgia for BC2, and in a lot of cases maybe because they played it on a console and it was their foray into the Battlefield universe. Not that the campaign wasn't fantastic (among Battlefield titles, anyway), but going back and playing the MP is *really* rough and makes me appreciate the improvements in BF3/BF4 and even Hardline.

Because of the name? Or what else is it about BC2 that was so compelling? Don't say "destruction" because it was one copy-paste shack that always fell down the exact same way in a canned animation. Don't say gunplay because Hardline's gunplay and TTK is practically an exact replica of BC2 and yet people crap all over that and whine that it's "too fast".

This is no criticism, I just think a lot of people have romantic nostalgia for BC2, and in a lot of cases maybe because they played it on a console and it was their foray into the Battlefield universe. Not that the campaign wasn't fantastic (among Battlefield titles, anyway), but going back and playing the MP is *really* rough and makes me appreciate the improvements in BF3/BF4 and even Hardline.

Destruction, gunplay and ttk.

They are the reasons people still play bc2 you can try to bury/dismiss them but they are the reason people loved BC2. BC2 has a long ttk, i never touched hardcore mode which might be the equivalent to to that POS known as hardline. It's not 'nostalgia' if you're still go back to playing it for those reasons.

I liked BC2's overall light-hearted nature. I also liked the emphasis on Rush game mode, which can be replicated in BF4 to some extent but it doesn't quite have the same feel (map design maybe). i appreciate the improvements made in BF3, BF4, and Hardline and wouldn't want them excluded. i want a change of pace from BF3/BF4, and BC3 could be just enough of a 'different' flavor to satiate that. if i had my way they'd be announcing BF2143.

... if i had my way they'd be announcing BF2143.

That, right there is my man!!! Here is an eBeer for ya :D

With competition going to the future i wouldn't be surprised if they follow them there with 2142 sequel/remake. (who knows how close Battlefront will be to that area though), but with Frostbite 3.5 or 4 and PBR that game would just blow everything away (if done properly of course)

As for BC2 the only good thing i saw them doing with it is bringing new BF game to PC after a long wait. BC2's sound put all the other ones out there to shame, it was that freaking good. Destruction was great addition to the game, This new mode Rush worked great on these maps... and then honeymoon was over and we realized that all this shit we have to deal with now was introduced with BC2.
hit detection
lag (dying behind the cover)
i kill you- you kill me bs (Kill trades)
shitty art direction (blinding snow or desert to set your retinas on fire)
rush that is really out of place in any new BF game
sniper infestation that is just destroying balanced matches to this day (Bf3/BF4)

I really wish they kept them separate, BC games.

I would really, really like WWII BF game without all this lock on BS and flares and lights and lasers everywhere.

WW2 BF game is needed, with the same mechanics from 1942, no more laser guided and lock on shit.

WW2 BF game is needed, with the same mechanics from 1942, no more laser guided and lock on shit.

That would be pretty sweet to see them return to WW2. It's funny how back then between 1942, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and Wolfenstein everyone was clamoring for WW2 games to die off, and now we want them back :p.

ww2 was always my fav. and i never wanted them to go away.

i love the feeling of bolt action rifles.

The planes, in BF1942 were so good too, scale wise compared to what we see in BF now where they just feel out of place since that is not how you actually use a modern jet.

while a ww2 plane wouldnt hit the edge of a map every couple seconds ect. and you could have actual dog fights or provide close support ect and not feel cramped.

I'd be happy with a new BF1942 or BF2142. Those two along with BF2 and BC2 were my favorites.

The rush maps in BC2 were the best of the series. BF3's were terrible and I could never find an active server for BF4 rush when I was still playing.

EA rumored to unveil next-gen Battlefield 5 at E3 this week

attachment.php

BC2 wasn't perfect but it was pretty awesome.

Now for some corrections:
1) There was more than one copy-paste shack. Actually, BF4 hasn't really improved on the level of destruction found in BC2. It's still canned animations and most buildings don 't even collapse.

2) Hardline's gunplay and TTK is nothing like BC2. TTK in BC2 is probably the longest of any modern BF game. Furthermore, BC2 weapons are actually balanced between the classes far better and there is more than 1 viable weapon per class.

3) BC2 didn't suffer as much from the "killed around corner". I think this is actually a result of the way the kill cam is implemented. In BC2 the kill cam gives a 3rd person view of the person who killed you as they run away after the fact. BF4 killcam is a view the enemy soldier from the perspective of your dead body (which may have landed around a corner).

Anyway, whatever. Hope they make a game that doesn't suck and has a good community.

I doubt they will show gameplay, they are more on battlefront right now. BF5 is not ready to be show imo.

Would I be down for Battlefield: Bad Company 3? Hell yes! Battlefield 5? No.

If they show anything it's going to be 15 seconds long teaser with 12 seconds of logos and disclaimers and 3 seconds of bf fart music with rapidly changing scenes and - coming October-November 2016. I mean, what can they have at this point worth showing.

I as well would love to see a BF1942 remake.. ugh.

I agree in sentiment, but am so afraid of the unnecessary over the top effects, skill trees, unlocks, RP elements, DLC, browser interface, achievement unlock popups during battle in your face, etcetera etcetera, ad infinatum to add nauseum that I'm sure they would just screw it up.

Destruction, gunplay and ttk.

They are the reasons people still play bc2 you can try to bury/dismiss them but they are the reason people loved BC2. BC2 has a long ttk, i never touched hardcore mode which might be the equivalent to to that POS known as hardline. It's not 'nostalgia' if you're still go back to playing it for those reasons.

Gunplay in BC2 was utter garbage compared to BF3/4. Going back to it would be shooting themselves in the foot. It was a nice game, but it certainly was geared towards consoles. The maps were smaller, more funneled, less vehicles, no prone, crap shooting mechanics, ect.

Furthermore, BC2 weapons are actually balanced between the classes far better and there is more than 1 viable weapon per class.

If by balanced you mean schizophrenic then I'd agree. Some SMGs out range rifles, some pistols out ranged rifles and did more damage. Essentially they took a bunch of weapons, drew some circles on the wall with random categories, and threw darts. Oh, this SMG will be a long range weapon? Cool! But this one sucks at range? Why not? Some balance there. And belt feds were essentially rifles with bigger magazines and nothing different usage/gameplay wise.

What I do miss from BC2 was a good rush mode. If there is a BF5 they need to make maps work well for both Conquest & Rush. TDM & Domination to. Extra game modes are worthless. IMO the game only needs these 4 modes.

Last edited:
Back