EA Partnership with MS to be Announced at Xbox Unveiling?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft may be making a partnership announcement at the press conference on April 26th at the unveiling of the Xbox 720. According to reports from the ComputerAndVideoGames website, sources have reported that Electronic Arts, the primary partner of Sony, will sign a new partnership agreement with Microsoft, but exactly what will be included in the dealings is uncertain at this time.

EA representatives were notably absent from Sony's PlayStation 4 announcement last week, although the company has pledged to support the console.

MS removes the ability to play used games, and EA partners with them. It's a nice sounding conspiracy theory :).

Activision called their connection to Sony a strategic partnership so don't read too hard into this.

Exclusive platforms, games with little out the door content and DLC galore. Good times for gamers.

So we can assume there will be a TON of mediocre Multiplayer/Coop/Action games with LOTS of really dull/expensive DLC on the next Xbox. Didn't these guys have Bioware/Epic/Bethesda when they launched the 360?

So we can assume there will be a TON of mediocre Multiplayer/Coop/Action games with LOTS of really dull/expensive DLC on the next Xbox. Didn't these guys have Bioware/Epic/Bethesda when they launched the 360?

says the guy who bought battlefield 3

Blah blah blah.

Can't wait till the end of the year when the dust has settled and all of these rumors about the PS4 and Xbox whatever are over...

Just read Thomson IGN:

EA is planning to have microtransactions in all of its future games, according to the company's chief financial officer.

I love how they say that gamers have embraced this new model, when the only people actually embracing it are investors.

Fuck EA. They are a blight on the gaming community, second only perhaps to Activision and Bobby Kotick may he die in a fire.

My guess is that this could be more an alliance against Steam than Sony. EA does their own thing with Origin to compete with Steam already. Big Picture and Steam on Linux is competing directly with MS on two fronts. And the PS4 is basically a PC bolstering PC game development (although a consolized interface).

Keeping EA games off Steam (or anything non-MS) could be Microsoft's counter to the above threats.

They've gotten shit from investors bigtime for not being ActivisionBlizzard and are desperate to do something about it.

But that's good. They're not going to be able to buy Take2 ever.

You never played a battlefield game? What the fuck? Living under a rock?

I've played BF1942, BF: Vietnam, and BF2. I don't know what it is but I don't care for the gameplay. didn't even bother getting BF3, but I gave each of those a shot, thinking maybe there was just something missing.

its not that I live under a rock. its that I don't care for the gameplay style. don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, but I can't get into it.

and no, I don't care for Call of Derp either. I especially do not care for the CoD games after MW2. I enjoyed the storyline but that's it. I didn't touch Black Ops and I won't play BO2. if I ever do play MW3 it will be for the storyline, but that's it.

Well, in MS defense, EA owns Bioware.

Well, in MS defense, EA owns Bioware.

Yeah look at all the story critical DLC you need for those games, and the two guys that founded Bioware have left. So it's now a ship without a sail...primed for being absorbed into EA, like every other company EA has bought up, nothing more than a name for a crappy online service or just to get hold of a franchise.

EA sports will no longer be on nintendo or sony consoles and will be xbox only.

Just like the dreamcast they have pulled they crap before only with sony this time microsoft paid them tons of money to do it to them.

Back