EA on Women in Battlefield V: Accept It, or Don’t Buy the Game

The whole gameplay trailer looks arcady and non realistic to begin with, I'm not sure which part of the female brakes the immersion for you. It's a little strange to me that woman fighting is silly, but powersuits and aliens is ok. :/
I guess they've strayed a bit since BF2 that was reasonably realistic. Knowing that bit I'd say they already killed the intended immersion might as well add kola's and panda race's too.

Last edited:
I've bought BF games for years but I'll be skipping this I think. Don't need 13 year old girls who play Fortnite telling the lead designer of a multi-million dollar war franchise how WW2 should be recreated. Hope he gets fired really for the statement.

oh spare me the bullshit. there are some very bad portrayals of women out there. I recently learned of the term called "fridging". This has to do with comic books and such, where women are injured, killed or depowered as a plot device. Meanwhile if that happens to male superheroes they will typically come back, even from the dead, strong as ever. Certainly those may be the stories guys like to read but it does nothing to break the stereotypes.

I have to laugh at the people crying about anite sarkeesian. she is entitled to her own opinion. I may think its bullshit, in which case I ignore her content, but I am not going to dox her or send threatening texts.

women are more than 1/2 our population. they may not do certain things better than men, but they should have the same opportunities to fail that men do.

The sad thing is, why the fuck is this even a topic of discussion?

Tired of everyone getting fucking butthurt over nothing.

There's a WW2 movie I really love. It's called "Saving Private Ryan."

Btw, just to be clear, it's an entertainment product from Hollywood. Video game companies release products as well for the express purpose of entertainment. So same difference really between the two. And yes, I'm saying this now because I'm sick of the "it's just a video game" argument. No, it's a hell of a lot more than that.

What is troubling to me more than anything is how women are being exploited and put into this role, completely out of context ( history ) for the express purpose of making a buck. Make no mistake that is is what is happening.

I'm not sure how I would feel if I saw those men attacking that machine gun nest early in the movie and Beyonce and Jay-Z were actually manning that MG42 machine gun that ended up killing the medic. And, I think that scene ended with "Beyonce" being blindfolded and told to march 1000 paces in one direction or other and that first rainbow pride group of solders of both men and women ( I even think I even remember a crippled black shemale carrying a rainbow flag ) in that scene and that this group would pick Beyonce's character up and take her to the nearest POW camp.

I really don't have a problem with women, gay's, lesbians, blacks, transgenders. The #metoo movement, equal pay for women, etc etc. All very good causes.

You know, there were no women storming the beaches of Normandy or were there women dropping out of the sky as Airborne Paratroopers in WW2. None of us are saying we hate women. But don't pretend to understand or know what each of us are feeling or what we care about. Also, don't overlook that they are literally exploiting women for financial gain in some lame attempt to alter history with this entertainment product.

I don't want to storm into Hitler's bunker only to run across a dozen transgendered midgets being babysat by black female Waffen-SS Guards sporting mechanical cyborg arms that they bought at the German PX store with EA dollars. Or, something like that.

It's a fucking WW2 game and they don't need to alter anything in some lame attempt to placate these popular national social world issues / trends. Just give us our beloved WW2 game and keep all the other bs out of the product. That's why people are "butt hurt"

Last edited:
women are more than 1/2 our population. they may not do certain things better than men, but they should have the same opportunities to fail that men do.

Including the opportunity to be teabagged in a video game....

Real new headlines after BFV's release:

Kotaku: You can rape wounded female soldiers in Battlefield V

CNN: Do video games promote rape culture?

Polygon: BFV is a rape simulator

Last edited:
All the people trying to minimize this as 'no big deal, le'ts move on'. I will assume its not big deal to you if they kept women out of the game, too.

I want depictions of US historical slavery to include white slaves. I mean historical accuracy isn't all it's cracked up to be and I can probably find and example or two of white slaves in the south.

Just chalk this up to trying to "appease" everyone. Face it if one person likes it there is another who equally dis-likes it. Doesn't matter what you do you can never have 100% agreement on ANYTHING in this world. Don't try to justify it its a creation of your own doing. The devs issue is that he's trying to justify it. Maybe he should have said loosely based on the WWII universe.....
The fake outrage on this is just comical to me. Someone always finds a way to be offended.

Just chalk this up to trying to "appease" everyone. Face it if one person likes it there is another who equally dis-likes it. Doesn't matter what you do you can never have 100% agreement on ANYTHING in this world. Don't try to justify it its a creation of your own doing. The devs issue is that he's trying to justify it. Maybe he should have said loosely based on the WWII universe.....
The fake outrage on this is just comical to me. Someone always finds a way to be offended.

Right? Like it is okay to be a triggered snowflake if you say you are fighting againt social justice. Remember when men were strong and were too busy to get emotional about a video game? When did we get so angry about everything all the time?

I do agree they should state loosely based on wwII. But then let's be honest, I dont think there were balanced skirmishes consisting of only 32 soldiers on each side where many would disconnect and join a new fight if it started to go south.

If the game sells well then what they did was a good decision, if it tanks then it wasnt. Maybe if you select a female character they make you sit in a ammunition factory all day? haha

I am guessing 99.5% of all of those bitching about women in the game are white males. Probably voted for Trump too...

I want depictions of US historical slavery to include white slaves. I mean historical accuracy isn't all it's cracked up to be and I can probably find and example or two of white slaves in the south.
Actually prior to about 1680 there were very few black slaves in America; the British keep the best black slaves for their colonies in the West Indies. Most of the slaves were white irish, scot or british peasants many of whom sold themselves as indentured slaves. Indentured slaves/servants would get free passage to America and work for a contracted period of time, typically 5 years after which they would be given their freedom, land and some money. This practice was extended to black slaves as well.

Anthony Johnson was one such slave. After getting his freedom he prospered and eventually owned several slaves himself. Johnson had a slave he particularly valued and refused to give him his freedom. The slave ran away and Johnson sued for his return and eventually won his court case. This effectively ended the practice of indentured slavery as who would willingly sell themselves into a lifetime of slavery.

The two persons most responsible for the lifetime practice of black slavery were both black: Anthony Johnson and the african black warlord who first captured the men and women who were sold into slavery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

With regards to Women in Battlefield 5: I personally enjoy player a female avatar because I would rather look at a woman's ass than a man's. This whole incident is an example of the straw that broke the camels back. People are so sick and tired of the racism and sexism of progressive SJW that a very minor deal like in Battlefield 5 has triggered a backlash. Out of context this seems like an over-reaction but considering recent history men are now making a stand. Computer Gaming (and Star Wars) are predominantly a male genre and feminists need to respect that and back way off. Feminists are trying to "appropriate" our "culture" and force their toxic femininity of us. We cannot allow them to succeed.

Ladies ladies, you are both pretty, now lets get back to talking about battlefield V?

Actually prior to about 1680 there were very few black slaves in America; the British keep the best black slaves for their colonies in the West Indies. Most of the slaves were white irish, scot or british peasants many of whom sold themselves as indentured slaves. Indentured slaves/servants would get free passage to America and work for a contracted period of time, typically 5 years after which they would be given their freedom, land and some money. This practice was extended to black slaves as well.

Anthony Johnson was one such slave. After getting his freedom he prospered and eventually owned several slaves himself. Johnson had a slave he particularly valued and refused to give him his freedom. The slave ran away and Johnson sued for his return and eventually won his court case. This effectively ended the practice of indentured slavery as who would willingly sell themselves into a lifetime of slavery.

The two persons most responsible for the lifetime practice of black slavery were both black: Anthony Johnson and the african black warlord who first captured the men and women who were sold into slavery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

With regards to Women in Battlefield 5: I personally enjoy player a female avatar because I would rather look at a woman's ass than a man's. This whole incident is an example of the straw that broke the camels back. People are so sick and tired of the racism and sexism of progressive SJW that a very minor deal like in Battlefield 5 has triggered a backlash. Out of context this seems like an over-reaction but considering recent history men are now making a stand. Computer Gaming (and Star Wars) are predominantly a male genre and feminists need to respect that and back way off. Feminists are trying to "appropriate" our "culture" and force their toxic femininity of us. We cannot allow them to succeed.

Their are exploiting women for financial gain. it's sickening. Yet again, they are fucking women over again and fans of this game. There are plenty of other ways for them to support women, disabled people, small people, transgenders, african american's, homosexuals, etc.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
So gamers threatened EA with boycott of BF5 due to the changes they made/added to a coming Battlefield game.

EA calls their bluff and tells them to go ahead with their threat of boycott.

Now those that threatened boycott are furious because EA accepted their challenge?

I need to buy more popcorn.

This is a wwii game with women? This means I can play as a ianfu?
Oh wait? its not historicity accuracy ? Who could have guessed that?
So I can play has a Nazi chick?

But this is EA and Nazis are evil, so I can't play as a Nazi chick?

This should be easy to fix. Seems like it should be really easy to allow a historical front-line graphics toggle, where you hit a button and all the female characters are switched to male graphics. Odds are they're already going to use male mannequins for all characters so hit boxes aren't imbalanced, it should be super easy to just replace graphics on clients that don't want to see them. AAO has been doing this forever...

Probably would have been more accepted in a modern shooter that took place in Israel. Seriously, BF with Israeli hardware and weapons would be awesome. Merkava tanks!!

A multiplayer shooter where one side is Jewish women, and the other side is Islamist radical men. This would be very popular.

EA was the one bragging for caring about realism in this game. That's one of the reasons for the stronger backlash.
I guess I look at realism beyond the concept of the sex of the soldier, i.e., visuals, sound, physics, environment, weapons, equipment, etc. I only care that the already fictionalized story AND the game play is entertaining.

I guess I look at realism beyond the concept of the sex of the soldier, i.e., visuals, sound, physics, environment, weapons, equipment, etc. I only care that the already fictionalized story AND the game play is entertaining.

Realism would be adding rape to your game of war. Female combatants would likely be raped if captured by about 90% of our known enemies. In WW2 our allies raped non-combatant civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

Realism would be adding rape to your game of war. Female combatants would likely be raped if captured by about 90% of our known enemies. In WW2 our allies raped non-combatant civilians.

Right, often in games they like to use the term realism, but you still are mouse and keyboard and respawning. There will always be an aspect that is not real, we just like to get bent out of shape over one that is important to one person but not to another.

I have always wanted location specific damage. I want to get a stray shot in the leg and have to crawl around until I bleed out or get help.

But seriously though, how many complaining about realism are playing on console?

Their are exploiting women for financial gain. it's sickening. Yet again, they are fucking women over again and fans of this game. There are plenty of other ways for them to support women, disabled people, small people, transgenders, african american's, homosexuals, etc.
They are a business and their purpose is to make money. If there was no money to be made than there would be no games. And really... you cannot exploit a digital representation of a women. Women, disabled people, small people, transgenders, african american's, homosexuals all should be supporting themselves. Very few people in the world are not disadvantaged in some kind of way. What SJW's don't seem to understand is when there is a concentrated effort to help one class of people invariably you are screwing over another class of people. Thus the anger over this game.

Men are tired of feminists trying to screw us over: Giving tech jobs to less qualified women. Promoting a feminist agenda in male genre's such as the Star Wars franchise and Computer Gaming. Enough is enough. A red line is being drawn...

It's a game that's supposed to take place in a specific time period in history. Either do it right, or don't do it at all.

There was women on the battle field in WWII... Russia, even the EU had women at the AA guns, then we cross into the Resistance women there as well.

Men are tired of feminists trying to screw us over: Giving tech jobs to less qualified women. Promoting a feminist agenda in male genre's such as the Star Wars franchise and Computer Gaming. Enough is enough. A red line is being drawn...

So you want a social war, and justice. Yikes.

There was women on the battle field in WWII... Russia, even the EU had women at the AA guns, then we cross into the Resistance women there as well.
I bet you'll find some under the carpet and behind the closet, too, if you look hard enough.

HOLY EFFING SHIT ON A STICK IT'S A DAMN VIDEO GAME. How can people be this hurt over a work of fiction!!! Oh god I had to shoot german women in Spear of Destiny the world is coming to an end! It's set in World war two that would have never happened.

The game isn't a freaking history simulator.

It appears here that a lot of people don't want to be confused between their violence hardon and their attraction to women hardon.

Guys... if you get a hardon from violence... see someone about that. You have issues.

Health regen and the pace of exciting things are already inaccurate. But who wants a concussion from a nearby explosion and low graphics at 720x480 even on a 1080 Ti? With no recovery.

And again, it's a scripted story that does NOT require RAPE to be a component added to the other factors of realism in ANY >GAME<. Where do you get off with this nonsense?!

There's nothing stopping torture and sexual atrocities from happening to male soldiers either, i.e, Abu Ghraib, Gitmo, Vietnam, U.S./Russian/Japanese/German SS/et al interrogations during WWII, etc. Where are those in this or ANY game?

That is the point Lenard. These are all constructs that could be put in the game, and yet "realism" purists who would like to see women out, would still not allow these other aspects of "realism" into the game- not that EA would ever want or let them in!

IT'S A GAME and it's EA's property to do with as they wish. THEY have a fictional story to tell that offers active participation to determine an outcome. If you don't like women being active characters in plot of this period piece- D-o-n-'t b-u-y t-h-e g-a-m-e:kiss: Simple!

My guess is, most of those taking the inclusion of female characters in this game as a crotch shot at the moment will also be pre-purchasing the game and moving on to the next of life's tribulations as they roid rage about cheats and aimbots.

ever try calling EA in California? I just did, got a recording that gives selections and unless you have a contact name you'll go, well, no where really (the system keeps referring you back to the online website).

What kind of company isolates itself from the Public like this? Microsoft doesn't, neither does Apple. EA is not supporting Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 digital content (that's been my experience anyway)

ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL TO DO ? I need to find out before making calls ...

ever try calling EA in California? I just did, got a recording that gives selections and unless you have a contact name you'll go, well, no where really (the system keeps referring you back to the online website).

What kind of company isolates itself from the Public like this? Microsoft doesn't, neither does Apple. EA is not supporting Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 digital content (that's been my experience anyway)

ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL TO DO ? I need to find out before making calls ...

VALVE

also I want the ability to play as Obergruppenführer Frau Irene Engel! :p

And again, it's a scripted story that does NOT require RAPE to be a component added to the other factors of realism in ANY >GAME<. Where do you get off with this nonsense?!

There's nothing stopping torture and sexual atrocities from happening to male soldiers either, i.e, Abu Ghraib, Gitmo, Vietnam, U.S./Russian/Japanese/German SS/et al interrogations during WWII, etc. Where are those in this or ANY game?

That is the point Lenard. These are all constructs that could be put in the game, and yet "realism" purists who would like to see women out, would still not allow these other aspects of "realism" into the game- not that EA would ever want or let them in!

IT'S A GAME and it's EA's property to do with as they wish. THEY have a fictional story to tell that offers active participation to determine an outcome. If you don't like women being active characters in plot of this period piece- D-o-n-'t b-u-y t-h-e g-a-m-e:kiss: Simple!

My guess is, most of those taking the inclusion of female characters in this game as a crotch shot at the moment will also be pre-purchasing the game and moving on to the next of life's tribulations as they roid rage about cheats and aimbots.
You are missing the point. One straw cannot break a camels back but if you add enough straws then you will eventually come to a point where one straw will break the camel. Gamer's are feed up with Social Justice Warriors/feminists appropriating the gaming community. It's about much more than this one situation. Companies that appease feminists/SJW will be punished just as Disney is being punished for allowing feminists/SJW to appropriate the Star Wars franchise.

All across the country the progressive agenda is becoming poison. The backlash has commenced...

the greatest female was russian .....the best sniper was finnish.I can't Imagine a ww2 without either

Lyudmila Pavlichenko
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko

Lyudmila Mikhailovna Pavlichenko[a] (née Belova; 12 July 1916 – 10 October 1974) was a Soviet sniper in the Red Army during World War II,[1] credited with 309 kills. She is regarded as one of the top military snipers of all time[2] and the most successful female sniper in history.[3][4]

Cool, then they can make a game about her and have her as the main focus.

What you so casually forgot to mention since, you know, it wouldn't serve your agenda is all of her kills were "male" German soldiers .... not women.

And I think a game about her would be pretty awesome in fact but her being in the Russian Military and sniping has shit to do with the new Battlefield that's coming out, exploiting women, catering to the social agenda and forgetting fans.

BTW, I watched a sneak peek video and apparently they are adding a 3rd bathroom to military bases and adding a "BRAVO" section to the stars and stripes. You're going to love the new game play videos btw. The new FEMALE general is standing at her desk chomping down on a nice big fat cigar. You guys are gonna love the new Battlefield, let me tell you.

Back