EA loses 3 billion in stock due to BF2 loot box fiasco

Nah, just like Samsung, they'll just blame the failure on the things that everyone thought was the source of the failure, fire the employees involved as PR move and continue doing exactly what they have been doing.

Nah, just like Samsung, they'll just blame the failure on the things that everyone thought was the source of the failure, fire the employees involved as PR move and continue doing exactly what they have been doing.

The people at EA publicly defending the practice are top executives, including the CEO. They're the ones that are the public face of this controversy. If the stock keeps going down the CEO is done for regardless, won't even be a PR move will be a "he's obviously been forced out by investors and the board" move.

I'm going to continue my boycott of EA. I don't like how they do business and I will continue to vote with my wallet.

EA bought out all the good gaming developers over the years and has next to nothing to show for it.

Good... Keep the hurt train a rollin' and hopefully publishers will take note that gamers are sick of this nonsense. The only voice gamers have is their money, stop the cashflow hard enough and long enough they'll get the message, or a gubmint bailout...

The article states that their shares are still up 39% percent YTD. Still a monster year for them. Ugh.

It's only a loss if you get out when you're down. But why would you do that?

Let's hope they learn the right lesson.

Seems like maybe not...they just doubled down on their stupidity:

Uh oh. You done goofed now EA. They are now biting the hand that feeds.

They are blaming their lack of ability to make a buck on cosmetics and being force to make more aggressive loot boxes on Disney's strict protection of their own IP.

I hope Disney drops the hammer on them big time. Don't fuck with the mouse EA. Despite his cute appearance he is a hardcore motherfucker.

The community needs to rise the fuck up and not this type bullshit anymore.

GMG dropped their price for BF2 to $50 now. Got the email this morning. That was fast.

Back