EA Games for 08

Anyone know if the PC will FINALLY get next-gen graphics for EA Sports games? I'm pissed off that NBA Live 07 looks like PS2.

*Edit*- Sorry for the confusion. I meant for all the EA Sports games. Like NHL 08, Madden 08, and NBA Live 08.

Once we see crysis and Quake Wars and other titles come out then we'll see some mega hitters. If the ps2 is still selling a lot of units after along time still we might still see the same graphics still.;)

Once we see crysis and Quake Wars and other titles come out then we'll see some mega hitters. If the ps2 is still selling a lot of units after along time still we might still see the same graphics still.;)

Since the OP is talking about next-gen graphics I had to point out that Quake Wars runs on a two year old engine. :D But yeah, Crysis looks stellar. BioShock is another looking great. (but not published by EA)

Since the OP is talking about next-gen graphics I had to point out that Quake Wars runs on a two year old engine. :D But yeah, Crysis looks stellar. BioShock is another looking great. (but not published by EA)

2 year old engine? Its more like a 4 to 5 year old engine at least. Its a modified Doom 3 engine. Modified meaning that MegaTexture technology or whatever that giant texture technology is called. The game been in the making for 4 years and Doom 3 is a 4 year old game. Doom 3 itself took a couple years to create. Its an old engine but it still looks pretty amazing IMO.

Sports games sell more on consoles...alot more. So thats why you don't see as much work being put into the computer. I personally don't like playing sports games on the PC, I love them on my PS3/360 though, so I am not against this :p

Yeah it really bugged me that both NHL 07 and Madden 07 were using the Xbox/PS2 version of the game rather than the 360/PS3 version.

Sucks to be PC users when it comes to EA Sports.

Hopefully the 08 series will have the next-gen versions, but we really don't know.

However, since Madden 08 will definantly not be on Xbox, there may be some hope (the last thing I want is the PS2 version).

Back