EA Files New Jade Empire Trademark

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
PCGamesN spotted a trademark application for what could potentially be a follow up to Jade Empire, Bioware's far eastern fantasy RPG. While generally overshadowed by KOTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Bioware's other IPs, the 2005 RPG was Bioware's first original setting. It came to PC 2 years before EA acquired the studio, and generally received praise upon its release, but we haven't heard a peep about a potential sequel until now.

So, it's entirely possible that EA is simply doing some administrative upkeep on the library of intellectual property it acquired along with BioWare. On the other hand, however, if EA were to make a new Jade Empire game, filing for a trademark would be one of the steps they’d need to take along the way... However, it's worth remembering that EA filed for the same kind of trademark – among others – back in October for Apex Legends, the Titanfall-based battle royale which we've learned is probably going to be both revealed and launched tomorrow, February 4.

Sounds good - The original game was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as KOTOR but still a solid game.

I think I enjoyed this one. Trying to remember it lol.

I think I enjoyed this one. Trying to remember it lol.

It legit had the ability for male characters to romance two female characters simultaneously and have a love triangle...spark any memories?

It legit had the ability for male characters to romance two female characters simultaneously and have a love triangle...spark any memories?

Actually that does sound kinda familiar lol. Oddly enough it kinda blends together with fable games in my head. Those few years musta been rough haha.

Great game. So many twists and turns, when you think you figured out the game, the world changes. Kind of like the first KOTOR I guess.

Actually that does sound kinda familiar lol. Oddly enough it kinda blends together with fable games in my head. Those few years musta been rough haha.

It was the first thing I remembered about the game so yeah...

It's already too late for Bioware.

oldyeller.jpg

With as much as I loved Jade Empire I hope EA isn't trying to make a new Jade Empire game. It would be a horrible, shitty mess which would only screw up the reputation of the original game.

Jade Empire was a hidden gem. I wouldn't mind if they created another game that followed in the footsteps of the first.

Back