EA Digital Sale on Origin/Amazon - Fallen Order ($30), ME: Andromedia ($4), BF V ($12), BF 1 ($3), Titanfall 2 ($3), More...

Is it worth getting Battlefront 1 and 2 for the campaign? I know not to expect much from them but are they at least worth $3 and $6 for a few hours of Star Wars pew pew?

I wish Mass Effect Trilogy included all the DLC.

A decade later and EA is still gouging for all that ME DLC. Although they did relax the Cerberus Network points thingy and let you buy the DLC through the store.

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.

this one really kills me. No idea why they haven’t released a definitive edition of this series that includes all the DLC. They also need to get rid of the multiplayer impacting single player in the third game.

Is it worth getting Battlefront 1 and 2 for the campaign? I know not to expect much from them but are they at least worth $3 and $6 for a few hours of Star Wars pew pew?

Battlefront 1 does not have a campaign at all. 2's campaign seems kind of crap by all accounts, though for $6 it might be worth it.

I've tried it with Titanfall2, it worked, but it was a hassle. Besides I'm pretty sure this is even less legal than simply torrenting the game.

I'm genuinely curious to know why you think that? How is buying a legit CD key, in which the developer gets money, worse than pirating, where they get no money?

Also, ive never heard the claim that buying digital goods outside your territory is illegal. Against EULA, sure, but that isn't a law. Also, this IMO is a lot different than buying cheap Russian keys.

Battlefront 1 does not have a campaign at all. 2's campaign seems kind of crap by all accounts, though for $6 it might be worth it.

Going to agree with this. If you get geeked for Star Wars, the campaign is passable enough to be worth $6. Its fine mechanically, just not the most engaging game.

If your not big on star wars though, and just looking for a cheap FPS, there are definitely better options.

Is battlefront any good multiplayer online? Anyone here actually a gamer? Those are some really cheap prices.

I wish Mass Effect Trilogy included all the DLC.

A decade later and EA is still gouging for all that ME DLC. Although they did relax the Cerberus Network points thingy and let you buy the DLC through the store.

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.

You're not cheap. They're gouging us. I still refuse to pay again for that DLC. I purchased it all on XBOX since I didn't have a PC at the time.

What the heck, went ahead and bought the super deluxe edition of Madden 20 too

They also need to get rid of the multiplayer impacting single player in the third game.
They got rid of it soon after release. You can still get readiness points through multiplayer, but they changed the requirements so you can achieve full galactic readiness without even touching it.

Battlefront 2's campaign is not that bad. It is certainly better than Force Unleashed 2, much better.

For the price it is okay. You can finish it in around 9 hours, and it is certainly average. If you're looking for something to start and finish over the weekend it is a good choice.

I play MEA now and it is a good game. I like combat , it is best combat mechanics from all ME games. Story is ok, nothing great but ok. The game is huge. So many planets to explore that sometimes I think there are too many :)
Easily worth 4 EUR

I thought I saw on reddit that overseas folk can make an account on the US Amazon site, buy the game, and activate the key on Origin as normal. Is that not the case?
haven't done it recently, but I used to VPN into Mexico & login to origin (browser) for even cheaper deals during sales.

I'm genuinely curious to know why you think that? How is buying a legit CD key, in which the developer gets money, worse than pirating, where they get no money?

Also, ive never heard the claim that buying digital goods outside your territory is illegal. Against EULA, sure, but that isn't a law. Also, this IMO is a lot different than buying cheap Russian keys.
It's NOT, don't let console peasant thinking get into your head.

Is the Battlefield V campaign mode any fun? I liked BF I quite a bit. I don't generally play multiplayer.

Is the Battlefield V campaign mode any fun? I liked BF I quite a bit. I don't generally play multiplayer.

It's ok. I'm not crazy about the war stories style single player in BF 1 and BF 5. If you played BF 1 and enjoyed the way they did SP, BF 5 is the same concept but done better.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: maro
like this
It's ok. I'm not crazy about the war stories style single player in BF 1 and BF 5. If you played BF 1 and enjoyed the way they did SP, BF 5 is the same concept but done better.

Cool thanks. I liked BF1 SP well enough, so sounds like I'll enjoy BF 5.

Is BFV base edition worth it? There are games where unless you buy the premium edition, you will not get into many online games. (I assume this isn't the case).

Is BFV base edition worth it? There are games where unless you buy the premium edition, you will not get into many online games. (I assume this isn't the case).

Shouldn't be an issue in BF:V, all the maps they have released have been free updates for all players. I think this was done purposefully for the reason you mention, so that there aren't paid maps segregating the community. The upgraded version adds new skins and weapons. If you're interested in the better content, it's $3 more for the upgraded version on Origin (they call it the Year 2 addition).

Never played BFV , any recomendation. Play the hell out bf1 and it was fun.
same shit just a WWII scenery.. nothing much really changed from that. amost 2 years later i still can't play BFV due to random CTD's.. gave up trying to fix it though since the game play was meh to begin with.

Reactions: Nokia
like this
I finished the Titanfall 2 SP campaign. It was very short - maybe 5 to 10 hours depending on how you play it. Took me 7 hours but I did not OCD every ach or collectible. Though short I will say it was very entertaining... I have not even messed with BF1 yet (I bought the $6 combo from Amazon) but I feel I've already gotten my money's worth.

Yes worth buying both. I enjoyed them both.

Servers are low pop counts so you won’t be able to play any less popular mode you want (there are a lot of MP modes), but BF1 has been patched to let you play on private servers for LAN. I suspect 2 will eventually be too. Dogfighting in space in both games on the xwing and tie fighters is a blast.

I got BFV Day 2 (it was 3$ more than the base, still can't figure out what is different about it) and it is alive and kicking. Many 64 player full servers. The only game I've played for the last 18 months is Black Ops 4 and that game is so dead. I have not played BF for a few years so I forget how slow it is compared to COD. I need to get used to team work again.

Took a break from Mass Effect 2 and fired up titanfall 2 campaign this weekend, the gunplay outside the mech in this game is satisfying AF for me.

Took a break from Mass Effect 2 and fired up titanfall 2 campaign this weekend, the gunplay outside the mech in this game is satisfying AF for me.

In and out of the mech the gameplay in Titanfall 2 is incredible. It's a pity that EA sent the game to die instead of releasing it at a time when it had a chance to gain an audience because the SP and MP are both great.

In and out of the mech the gameplay in Titanfall 2 is incredible. It's a pity that EA sent the game to die instead of releasing it at a time when it had a chance to gain an audience because the SP and MP are both great.

Yeah, it was loads of fun. A shame the campaign was so short, deff worth a replay or two though.

Back