EA DICE Responds to Battlefield V Chat Filter Censoring Phrases Like "DLC"

LOL, so we're playing Battlefield for the chat functions now?

Jesus Christ, some of you guys cry over anything.

Stop spamming my chat box and PTFO.

K thanks.

K thanks.
You do know this is how it starts. They've also banned the word NAZI...from a world war 2 game....what's next banning the word Comrade? Yankee? Kraut? The chat comes first, then the visuals, then you might as well be playing with stick figures slapping each other with fish.

You do know this is how it starts. They've also banned the word NAZI...from a world war 2 game....what's next banning the word Comrade? Yankee? Kraut? The chat comes first, then the visuals, then you might as well be playing with stick figures slapping each other with fish.

We have received complaints from PETA about images of innocent fish being used as weapons, therefore fish have been removed from this game.

Seems like you're just trying to explain this away, rather than admitting that pushback is necessary. How do you imagine not accepting it, but saying nothing at the same time? The SJW band is inventing false narratives for the failure of products even if there is a clear reason for it. Imagine the field day their cronies would have if we didn't even offer the truth.

Battlefield pre-orders didn't bomb because it was bad, as we're talking pre-orders, nobody could have known how good or bad the game actually was. It bombed because people are sick and tired of identity politics being shoved down their throats. I stopped watching marvel movies long before this, so I can't say anything for sure about that. But the problem with identity politics is not changing a character's gender or race. That's fine, until they start shouting at us, that they changed it for the sake of it, and not because it made sense for the story. I don't think marvel ever came out and said fuck waits/males openly. Dice did. Ghostbusters did. Disney(Kennedy) did.

You can't just reverse my argument and use it as it is. It won't work. Mentioning another issue is not an argument. It's not like we have one token that we use up when we push back against something. So we must choose if we are to push back against DLCs Microtransactions, Streaming, or PC shit.

I can hardly find more than one or two AAA games that I'm interested in each year.

Gaming media is almost completely owned by the socoial justice types. So what do you expect them to cover? It's not covered because we push back, it is covered because that is their agenda. There might be less coverage if we didn't push back, but then it would all just come to pass without incident. I don't want it to become the norm. If we accept censorship in our games, how soon before we accept it elsewhere?

I love the idea of female characters, I'd have bought the game day one probably, even pre-ordered it. Until they started talking down to us, and said that this is historically accurate and whoever disagrees is uneducated. I couldn't give a damn about historic accuracy in games, was Wolfenstein historically accurate?

Tetris is correct, but falls into the exact trap he is railing against.

Why is he right: over reaction to social issues just invigorates those involved, making them yell more. Its like picking at a scab, it just becomes infected. Look at the last ghost busters movie, it was objectively awful, but because of the hoopla around the cast it became a festering puss pot of she/antisjw garbage.

Does this mean do nothing? No, like the scab analogy, you have to have a wound first to have a scab, do you leave a gash untended? No, you clean it and care for it, but then you leave it the fuck alone unless it gets infected. So we point out the issues that bug us, and why they do so, we take action to clean and cover the wound (not buying said product for example) then we move on and monitor it for healing.

Personally, I think the largest cause of this cancer is us, we all think that as an individual I am right, on everything. Because I am right, I must now convince everyone else of why I am right, so we dragged into these never ending merry-go-round, the longer your on it, the more likely you are to get tangled up in your point and say something dumb, which fuels the counter groups. In the end you started with a good point, say that ghost busters didn't suck because it's an all female cast, but because everyone wanted to be the funny man, and no one wanted to be the straight face, but that point dies because you got dragged into an internet dialogue and end up saying something dumb like 'women just are not that funny'.

Tldr, the best way to deal with this, Trump (Obama if that's your cup of tea), and everything else is to take action when you can, vote, buy/don't buy, and move on. Rather than fueling the clickbate, 24 hour shit stream of modern society.

Cant even type "noob"
Seriously!? When will they ban tea bagging, aka, ducking from headshot snippers over the fresh corpse you made....
you should be able to filter players who's chat you don't like yourself that would be sufficient for me.
Please start working at Facebook and cleanup the community standards crap so if someone doesn't like what I post or share on my page with comments, they can only block me!
My last name is literally...literally...censored.... Fuck this game, I'll wait 6 months till it comes out on the games with gold for Xbox and then download it for free.
Kyle posted Friday about websites banning people's last names, post yours there.

K thanks.
Censorship bad, very bad! ;)

Tetris is correct, but falls into the exact trap he is railing against.

Why is he right: over reaction to social issues just invigorates those involved, making them yell more. Its like picking at a scab, it just becomes infected. Look at the last ghost busters movie, it was objectively awful, but because of the hoopla around the cast it became a festering puss pot of she/antisjw garbage.

Does this mean do nothing? No, like the scab analogy, you have to have a wound first to have a scab, do you leave a gash untended? No, you clean it and care for it, but then you leave it the fuck alone unless it gets infected. So we point out the issues that bug us, and why they do so, we take action to clean and cover the wound (not buying said product for example) then we move on and monitor it for healing.

Personally, I think the largest cause of this cancer is us, we all think that as an individual I am right, on everything. Because I am right, I must now convince everyone else of why I am right, so we dragged into these never ending merry-go-round, the longer your on it, the more likely you are to get tangled up in your point and say something dumb, which fuels the counter groups. In the end you started with a good point, say that ghost busters didn't suck because it's an all female cast, but because everyone wanted to be the funny man, and no one wanted to be the straight face, but that point dies because you got dragged into an internet dialogue and end up saying something dumb like 'women just are not that funny'.

Tldr, the best way to deal with this, Trump (Obama if that's your cup of tea), and everything else is to take action when you can, vote, buy/don't buy, and move on. Rather than fueling the clickbate, 24 hour shit stream of modern society.

Trump / Obama? I'm not even from the US. You're trying to put me in groups. There are no groups, just individuals. If you judge anyone based on their group identity, then you're engaged in identity politics. And identity politics is demonstrably bunk. The only thing necessary for stupidity to triumph is for sane people to say nothing.

The only way to expose bad ideas is to talk about them and scrutinize them. We can't do that with our wallet.

Reactions: DocNo
like this
As long as a chat censor system can be flipped on and off who cares what words it doesn't like ? I haven't played this game, if they haven't implemented an on off for their chat filter their tools. I mean its their game they can do what they like... its not censorship you don't have a right to say whatever you want on a private chat network. In every game I have ever played a filter on off button is pretty standard.

Trump / Obama? I'm not even from the US. You're trying to put me in groups. There are no groups, just individuals. If you judge anyone based on their group identity, then you're engaged in identity politics. And identity politics is demonstrably bunk. The only thing necessary for stupidity to triumph is for sane people to say nothing.

The only way to expose bad ideas is to talk about them and scrutinize them. We can't do that with our wallet.

But wait; I thought money WAS Speech; I think I read that in a FB Ad...

That means My Super Expensive Ad is more important than your Less Expensive Ad, even if both products give us Space Herpes.

Afeter all, That Huge Spending Campain and NDA'd groupthink worked so well for Nvidia.

Wait, What? Oh, nevermind.

:)

#1 Fuck EA. Shit company.

#2 Can we please go back to a time before all this stupid identity crisis, politics, and SJW bullshit was a thing? I'm ashamed of modern society. Yes, some good things have come about but, anymore it seems like the bad is just out weighing everything.

If I were 15 to ... 25 or 26 years of age, somewhere around there, yeah I would be kinda annoyed and pissed. When you're younger a lot of useless shit is important to you that you end up regretting when you become older and wiser. Like, this entire issue. lol.

But now, as I've aged and my BS filter has become god like, I think this is awesome. I cannot imagine any scenario where I would ever need to say "white man" or any of the other crap people are bitching about. Whooooooooo carrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss ......

If this means tweener bro gamers can't talk shit .... then, hell yeah ... that's awesome. I hope they block the living shit out of about any possible combination of shit people can egg you on with, troll you with, etc.

Too bad I played the beta and quickly became extremely bored with the very linear-like maps. They've fuked the BF series up so bad from BF4 .... just not for me. Also, I didn't see one American GI or anything that even remotely looked like what you would have seen in WW2 as far as the character avatars go. Also, they've made sniping very .... not fun.

BF4 is still a much funner experience.

EA is a company, and most companies have zero moral compass. They go where the money takes them.

They assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the SJW crowd was their main demographic. Now their pre-order numbers are suffering, stock is falling, and they are reaping the consequences of their poor decision.

Ya we all know obese, purple hair women are Battlefields bread and butter!

For some reason in the game when I talk about how I'm gender fluid nonbinary instersectional LGBGQIAWTF intermodal none of that got censored...

Back