EA Announces Origin Access Premier

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
EA has unveiled a new tier of its PC gaming membership service, which will offer games like Battlefield V, FIFA 19, Madden NFL 19, and Anthem before launch. No trial, no waiting, just play. The service will be available this summer, but pricing remains unknown.

Plus, dive into over 100 PC titles whenever you want, as long as you’re a Premier member – that means great EA games and titles from our partners like Batman: Arkham Asylum, INSIDE, The Witness, and more. Then save 10% on other Origin digital purchases like Ultimate Team content.

Any word on NHL 19? I stopped playing the Madden series 10 years ago when they stopped supporting the PC platform.

I like how this Premier service means you don't have to deal with microtransactions.... oh yeah, its EA.

I hate to say this... But I'll be throwing money at EA with Madden back on PC. My PC copy of Madden 2008 has over a thousand hours on it.

If the game is out before its release date, then you just made an artificially longer release date to get people to essentially pay for a pre-order. Fucking EA being EA.

"Battlefield V" - unfortunately you won't be able to try out the Battle Royale mode this way as it's coming after launch. Impossible to say just how much damage that will do to the franchise.

Madden on PC?? If they have this and NHL on PC, I will pay any amount of cayesh they want.

Shittiest idea ever. They're basically creating classes within the gaming community. "premier members" and "regular old peasant players"

If the game is out before its release date, then you just made an artificially longer release date to get people to essentially pay for a pre-order. Fucking EA being EA.

Not really. Game is probably finalized a few weeks before release, they then have to have the hard copies made and shipped to the retailers. Digital versions and online servers are ready as soon as the game is finalized, so it's not like they are artificially making the release date longer.

Not really. Game is probably finalized a few weeks before release, they then have to have the hard copies made and shipped to the retailers. Digital versions and online servers are ready as soon as the game is finalized, so it's not like they are artificially making the release date longer.
Most games are shipped to retail before they're finalized. Since all need online activation anyway the final game code doesn't have to be on the disc. That is downloaded when you activate the game.

So don't for a second assume this is not deliberately withholding the game from the rest. Especially since a vast amount of game purchases are digital only already. No distribution there.

Why are you even making excuses for EA of all things?

Shittiest idea ever. They're basically creating classes within the gaming community. "premier members" and "regular old peasant players"

You mean, like the PC Master Gaming Race and the Console Peasants?

Wonder if this is why I can't sign up for regular EA Access.. been wanting to try the latest Mass Effect. None of my Payment methods will work (yes they are good, I ordered steam stuff instead with them for my free weekend)

I'm actually kinda surprised they are using a modern engine. I think the last time they stop making Madden on PC is that they didn't want to port the new PS3/360 engine to PC.

Back