EA Announces Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond

erek

[H]F Junkie
"The single player campaign also aims to tell one of the most immersive World War II stories yet in a robust and emotionally-driven first-person experience. The team at Respawn has spent the past four years and hundreds of hours interviewing veterans of the war, and traveled to the places where history happened, in order to get the emotional tone of the game right. The team also captured more than 120 pages of stunning performance capture - an entire movie's worth of narrative performance - to supplement the moving tale of heroism and sacrifice.

Additionally, Medal of Honor : Above and Beyond will feature a variety of multiplayer modes, some of which are only possible in VR and with the addition of Steam support, players will benefit from cross-platform play across multiple different devices. Keep an eye out for more information on these modes in the months ahead.

For more on the upcoming title, the development team's latest blog post can be found here: https://www.oculus.com/medal-of-honor/the-sounds-of-war/.

Stay tuned for more details on the coming leading up to launch, including more details on Medal of Honor : Above and Beyond multiplayer features, new modes and more."

https://www.techpowerup.com/272250/ea-announces-medal-of-honor-above-and-beyond-a-vr-experience

Respawn Entertainment? I thought the guys that made that company did so because they wanted to do other games instead of COD all the time? So they went and made a game just like COD.

WWII was been done-to-death. We've had realistic gritty WWII, we've had cyborg Steampunk WWII, We've had Future nazi's in the 80's WWII, we've had big WWII, small WWII, airplane WWII...

I was tired of WWII games ten years ago.
You suggest they start doing what? WW VI?

So will this be playable without VR? Sounds like it, but some of the modes are limited to VR (aka DoA). If they can offer a solid military FPS campaign I am interested. Very few good FPS games with good campaigns, and even less military themed ones.

Why are people bitching about WWII games and acting like we're still in the era where we get a billion of them every year? WWII games haven't been common since COD4, in 2007.

I'm always down for more quality VR titles. Hopefully I'll have my PC upgraded by then.

WWII was been done-to-death. We've had realistic gritty WWII, we've had cyborg Steampunk WWII, We've had Future nazi's in the 80's WWII, we've had big WWII, small WWII, airplane WWII...

hahahahah. Couldn't agree more.

Respawn Entertainment? I thought the guys that made that company did so because they wanted to do other games instead of COD all the time? So they went and made a game just like COD.
Well they went and made Titanfall which really isn’t that like CoD.

I kinda want a campy one now. Like Inglorious Basterds.

Actually, semi related, Return to Castle Wolfenstein could do with a good ole remake.

You forgot

WWII......In SPACE! & WWII Beneath the Planet of the Nazi's!

This franchise took a major nosedive after MOHAA and it's never really recovered. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this is good, but let's just say that I'm not holding my breath.

Well, if they deliver on what they say they are producing, I will most likely play this game for sure.

So this is why there is no Titan Fall 3? Let me and BT have a go at a K2 civilization.

This is one I've been looking forward to, and intend to play it via Revive on the HP Reverb G1 or G2 before the cutoff where Oculus accounts are forced onto Facebook. And I know its been beaten to death but the idea of ever logging in to Facebook again ranks right up there with putting on a pair of dirty underwear.

There were only 5 in the series which came to PC (not counting the 2 expansions for AA). I did not play Warfighter and I think the 2010 MoH was only meh, but I liked the others. I think it generally works better when the story is based on historical events rather than recent events with everything else fictional.
I hope that we will be able to call the time they spent with the veterans and writing/recording the script as well spent!

There will be plenty of games released until xmas, as usual, and the new consoles, so this one definitely needs something extra to stand out and get a good score.

Don't forget dinosaurs and WWII

Yet another WW2 game? Fucking blow me I got tired of this shit by MOH/COD 15
Is it that surprising? How else are they going to beat WW2 and pro-war propaganda into the minds of our youth. We wouldn't want them to forget how black and white history is...;)

Ea equals a pass. If this is actually good I will be as shocked as I would if I woke up without my pee pee.

My main concern and thing I would like to see is for this not to be entirely linear. This is typically how military shooters are - very linear. I don't want upgrades, open world, and other crap. But just make the game a bit more than a corridor and give us some ability to issue basic commands and the like.

I loved the original MOH, the ones that came out on PS1. I though they were great, had good stories and superb atmosphere. I wish they'd go back to that type of game again and not try to be a poor man's COD.

WWII

-sigh-

I hear ya, but MOH has always had it roots and majority of sequels in the WWII era game setting. I can appreciate them sticking to it. I just hope it doesn't come out with a bargain bin jewel case COD WAW knockoff kind of vibe.

Actually, semi related, Return to Castle Wolfenstein could do with a good ole remake.

If you haven’t already, check out Wolfenstein: Old Blood (prequel to Wolfenstein: New Order) It is basically a reimagining of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. There were a couple of quotes from BJ that alluded to it being a sequel to RtCW but the structure of the game itself strongly follows that of RtCW.

WWII

-sigh-

Yet another WW2 game? Fucking blow me I got tired of this shit by MOH/COD 15

Remind me again how many VR World War 2 games there are currently because I'm drawing a blank.....

The Respawn guys are the guys who did MOHAA for EA 20 years ago, went on to wild success with the Call of Duty series, had a nasty divorce with Activision...and are now back at EA doing MoH again. What a world!

Back