EA Allegedly Cancels Open World Star Wars Game

The Star Wars fan base has been decimated. For it to have succeeded in making a profit, this game had to be both good, and free of social politics for it to succeed. EA have major issues with both those subjects.

EA is circling the shitter, not Disney.

I get it, lots of people hate TLJ, personally it isn't near as bad as the prequels but not as good as the OG, but it hasn't hurt Disney financially.

Solo might have stung Disney, but your talking about the largest entertainment company in the world (especially now that they own a good chunk of Fox).

EA on the other hand has had a string of flops since BF One, and anecdotally it seems like Karma is finally catching up with them.

Edit: Actually, the flops could extend back to SWTOR/DAI/MEA. We all know if Anthem isn't a hit Bioware is dead.

I have never seen a group of people destroy a beloved franchise so quickly than I have the warped freaks at Disney. I am hoping a new generation of sane individuals will resurrect it again at some point.

Bethesda: Hey Disney, hold my beer.....

Very good? That's a stretch. Compotent maybe. There are still a ton of oddities. For one, where and when did Luke learn to speak in Chiewies language? In the film, it implies he just knew it.

How did solo get his nickname? Oh some random imperial desk clerk named him solo because he has no clan. Not because he's without family or doesn't know who his father is but clanless. This society based off clans (suggesting primitive?) also gave him the upbringing allowing him to speak alien space languages including chewies.

The film constantly keeps trying to portray scenes where solo is in danger like falling out the train or smashing his face into a Cliffside while travelling at high speed. However, we all know he's got invincible plot armor as he's in the next one. So there is no real tension or feeling of stakes.

Changing Orlando's character to be a robosexual? The woman's rights parody character fighting for robo rights? That chewie is a cannibal or humanoid raw flesh eater who survived by eating innocent rebels?

There's a lot of items in the storyline and character development that don't make much sense or for with current canon. The best parts were probably the cinematography and special effects. It felt somewhat like Star Wars which is a good start but I wouldn't say it was a very good film if you compare it to the original trilogy. Maybe it's very good compared to the last jedi.

You don't have to be spoon-fe every answer.

Why do we need an origin story on why Han knows shriiwook? That's just nerd rage.

Imperial clerk naming Solo? Sure anticlimactic, but it fits with Han's character that he couldn't be bothered to change it.

Lando a robosexual? If you ignore the actor's bullshitting, it seems more one-sided and played for laughs.

Saucy robot leading a Droid rebellion? Homage to the Droid rebellion from the comics, long before SW got political.

See, you have it stuck in your head, and I don't blame you. I blame the dumbass director and actor who put the thought in your head.

I bet it was Lego The Last Jedi that was cancelled as nothing has been said about it in over 6 months.

Why do we need an origin story on why Han knows shriiwook? That's just nerd rage.

There's something called reasonable and unreasonable suspension of disbelief.

Imperial clerk naming Solo? Sure anticlimactic, but it fits with Han's character that he couldn't be bothered to change it.
Ah, so you don't know Star Wars? Han Solo especially in the first movie of the trilogy was cocksure, smarmy, over confident and kind of a bad boy that cared about his reputation. Quite the opposite of someone who would adopt a random name given to him by an Imperial officer.

Plus, if he's going to be a smuggler, he'd probably want an alias that's not literately in the Imperial database and known to every officer plus linked to his personnel file. That's like saying instead of choosing the forum name Zion Halcyon you decided to be really sneaky and picked a forum name that is your actual real name as an "alias" to remain anonymous.

Lando a robosexual? If you ignore the actor's bullshitting, it seems more one-sided and played for laughs.
Oh, so when he breaks down crying holding her tattered body in her arms....that's... one-sided affection only from the robot towards him?

See, you have it stuck in your head, and I don't blame you. I blame the dumbass director and actor who put the thought in your head.
Not sure what the "it" you are referring to is? The character as described and played in the original trilogy which established him? Yeah I have one off the most beloved characters, of all time's, characteristics that defined him stuck in my head.

Nobody even gives a shit about each games anymore. At least not on this forum. They have killed battlefield too. Just BAD all around. So pissed. Bf2 was heaven. Competitive play any night of the week. Now? Prffft.

Ah, so you don't know Star Wars? Han Solo especially in the first movie of the trilogy was cocksure, smarmy, over confident and kind of a bad boy that cared about his reputation. Quite the opposite of someone who would adopt a random name given to him by an Imperial officer.

Plus, if he's going to be a smuggler, he'd probably want an alias that's not literately in the Imperial database and known to every officer plus linked to his personnel file. That's like saying instead of choosing the forum name Zion Halcyon you decided to be really sneaky and picked a forum name that is your actual real name as an "alias" to remain anonymous.

I thought the Imperial naming him was really lame. I mean so beyond lame I almost turned the movie off. As a devils advocate for the argument though...people change?

But yeah I always figured Solo was his family name and he was quite proud of it.

This would be great but i think both EA and Disney can't do it right now. I'm not a big star wars fan but afaik Disney did some rearrangements to what is cannon and what not in the saga with the latest movies and books.
And EA, well, due to their shares behaviour since last year i don't think they don't want to play with what's ($$) left for now, they rather go something more secure like a BF, Fifa, Sims, etc. and make some cash..

Back