EA Access - Xbox One Exclusive - Early Games - Discounts - Free Games*

Yes that is accurate it (for some games such as newer ones). As incredibly sad as it sounds. Sony is trying to bank of the casual playing audience since PS Now will be usable on many other product ranges with only a PS3 controller required to do so.

But its disgusting none the less.

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore in the open beta. Prices are still insane though. $3-5 for 4 hours is crazy. $15 for 90 days doesn't seem as terrible though there are some fucking ridiculous things like FFXIII-2 for $30. Sony should enforce a standard rate for all titles on the service and have a subscription model. The crazy price ranges right now will only kill it.

I knew something would come up sooner or later, EA shows their true colors:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/5991063/madden-nfl-15-no-demo-ea-access

Only if you have EA access can you demo Madden now. Paywalls are so awesome!
You'll only be able to play Madden NFL 15 before its Aug. 26 launch if you own an Xbox One and subscribe to EA Access. There will be no publicly available demo, a representative for publisher Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon today.

That bucks a trend nearly a decade long. EA has released a downloadable demo on consoles for every Madden title since Madden NFL 06 in 2005, although that game's trial came out shortly after the title itself launched alongside the Xbox 360. A playable Madden demo is traditionally available approximately two weeks prior to release.

Asked to provide details on why there won't be a Madden 15 demo, the EA spokesperson declined to clarify. But it's worth noting that last month, EA announced an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service called EA Access. The program, which costs $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year, includes up to five days of pre-release access to upcoming EA titles.

I knew something would come up sooner or later, EA shows their true colors:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/5991063/madden-nfl-15-no-demo-ea-access

Only if you have EA access can you demo Madden now. Paywalls are so awesome!

This has many inaccuracies. Huge idiot thread on GAF about this

There was no madden 25 demo on ps4 or Xbox one

And ea access doesn't allow you to play a demo you get to play the full game early not a demo just like ps+ members get timed full access to games.

Does it matter? Really? Demos are hardly that important of a factor, hell i dont think ive EVER played a demo on a console come to think of it.
Quite a few people certainly do. Just because it doesn't affect you....

This has many inaccuracies. Huge idiot thread on GAF about this

There was no madden 25 demo on ps4 or Xbox one

And ea access doesn't allow you to play a demo you get to play the full game early not a demo just like ps+ members get timed full access to games.

It's good that GAF has a discussion going, unlike here where we just shrug away everything, cause really who cares, right? Why wouldn't this be the new norm now for EA? People can just pay us to demo the full games on our sub service! Who needs demos? A "what if" scenario, but honestly, its EA, why wouldn't they do this? Why not put all the cool shit behind this new sub service?

Here, maybe Jim can explain it better than I can.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...-EA-Access-is-Going-to-Harm-The-Game-Industry

Quite a few people certainly do. Just because it doesn't affect you....

It's good that GAF has a discussion going, unlike here where we just shrug away everything, cause really who cares, right? Why wouldn't this be the new norm now for EA? People can just pay us to demo the full games on our sub service! Who needs demos? A "what if" scenario, but honestly, its EA, why wouldn't they do this? Why not put all the cool shit behind this new sub service?

Here, maybe Jim can explain it better than I can.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...-EA-Access-is-Going-to-Harm-The-Game-Industry

I think its great value it cost me $29.99 for the year and so far have got to play games BF4/madden 25/Fifa 14/ Peggle 2 that I otherwise wouldn't have bought otherwise plus a 10% discount on stuff I may buy. I just don't see the bad there.

If a subscription services have a value and save me money over what I'm current spending on gaming I'm all for it. The nice thing is if you don't like it you don't have to subscribe how bout that.

For my $30 I think it was worth it. I signed up as soon as I could. I get to play Madden, BF4 and Peggle for a year for $30, already own Fifa. If I don't like it, I just don't renew. I've already got my moneys worth.

Need for speed rivals getting added to the vault!

EA is working to make it’s EA Access subscription service even more enticing my adding Need for Speed Rivals to The Vault and giving players early access to NHL 15 and FIFA 15.

Early last month, EA launched it's EA Access subscription service for Xbox One, and to date subscribers have used it to play over 245,000 hours of Madden NFL 15 before the game released. Next up on the docket, EA will make FIFA 15 and NHL 15 available to play before they're released. NHL 15 will be be available this Thursday, September 4, and EA Access members will get six hours with the game, carry over all their Achievements and progress, and save 10% on the full game if they decide to purchase it.

In addition to FIFA 15 and NHL 15, EA will be adding Need for Speed Rivals to The Vault "the coming weeks," so subscribers will be able to play as much of that game as they want for as long as they want. No word on an exact date yet, but EA promises it will be this month.

I wish this was on PS4. I think Sony is wrong on the value of this.

It is mighty tempting to sub right now, but I'm still holding out for October.

I wish this was on PS4. I think Sony is wrong on the value of this.

Yeah, I was planning on switching over to PS4 for FIFA but not any more. I usually spend about $100/year on FUT so the 10% discount off the game and in-game is enough to keep me on XO.

Hmmm, downloads seem to freeze the system. Can't even load BF4 at all. Rivals looks to be fun though.

Hmmm, downloads seem to freeze the system. Can't even load BF4 at all. Rivals looks to be fun though.

Press and hold power on front of console for ten seconds then wait twenty more and press power again to restart.

And are you using external storage? If so does it do it if that's unplugged? Just a few things to try

Will try tonight! Thanks for the info. It's internal storage though. Thanks again!

Is bf4 still worth it? Thinking about grabbing this for something to play till the master chief collection in November.

A handful of my friends (myself included) picked up an xbox one over the last month. For those of you that have payed for EA Access, have you felt that you've gotten much value out of it?

A handful of my friends (myself included) picked up an xbox one over the last month. For those of you that have payed for EA Access, have you felt that you've gotten much value out of it?

Yes and BTW tomorrow EA UFC goes into the vault

Just found out that it doesn't give you any of the 5 DLC in BF4. And I'm not a sports gamer. :(

Those dlc would be discounted. I don't play bf multiplayer played the campaign.
I paid 29.99 for the year well worth it for the vault games and discount I've gotten so far

Those dlc would be discounted. I don't play bf multiplayer played the campaign.
I paid 29.99 for the year well worth it for the vault games and discount I've gotten so far

We talking like 10-20% or more like 50%?

I also pay for EA Access, however I haven't been on my Xbone lately due to Destiny. The games they provide is pretty awesome. I wonder if NHL15 will ever end up in the vault before NHL16 comes out. I do own NHL15 for PS4 but I would instantly trade that in if I can get it on XBONE for "free".

Games are 10% off from what I can see.

NBA Live 15 is now in the vault. I kinda saw that one coming since it was universally panned. Haha

NBA Live 15 is now in the vault. I kinda saw that one coming since it was universally panned. Haha

Live 15 ain't too bad better than the turd that was 14 and I kinda prefer it to the micro transaction fest that is 2k

So if you sub for this you'll get Battlefield : Hardline for 12 hours (the full SP and MP) for a trial on the Xbox one.

Actually pretty nice since 12 hours is plenty time to decide if its even worth bothering with in full form. I'm going to give BF: Hardline another shot hoping for decent SP and better than 2008 graphics that I experienced with the beta.

Live 15 ain't too bad better than the turd that was 14 and I kinda prefer it to the micro transaction fest that is 2k

Couldn't get into NBA Live 14, have owned 2k14/2k15. I don't play any other game mode other than just regular season though so micro transactions don't really seep into those I don't think?

Back