E8400 In Stock @ Microcenter!!!

im lovin the prices on these, seems that video cards are so behind the processors though ;)

WHy would the e8400 chip which is better all around be cheaper than a e6750?? Why have these old processors not dropped in price?

My local store has like 30 of them. Grabbed one earlier today. Core 1 runs like 6-10 degrees hotter than core 0, though. Should I return mine and get a different one?

WHy would the e8400 chip which is better all around be cheaper than a e6750?? Why have these old processors not dropped in price?

Good thing I waited. Awhile back, I almost pulled the trigger on an E6850, which is still more expensive than E8400 by about $100.00.

This sucks. My E6750 is 20 days old. Intel needs to have a step up program. . .

I'm running on my E8400 right now. I drove 140 miles round trip to get one. $203 w/ tax.

So far, I'm amazed by the lower power consumption. I'm looking at 8W less at idle and 37W less when folding. Oh yeah, and doing it faster too.

This sucks. My E6750 is 20 days old. Intel needs to have a step up program. . .

heh, yeah. I'll survive with my E6750 for now, once I finish RMAing my broken RAM and motherboard I'll need a new cpu anyways :p

I take it this deal was available all day on Sat (1/19)? To the person who bought their's in Cambridge/Boston- what time were you there? Was anyone there later in the day- and how many were left? I live about an hour away- wondering if I should wait until they open and call to see if there are any left, or go ahead and drive in and be there @ 11 when they open. Want to be back and get my system built by the kickoff of the Pats game!

I've had a Abit IP35 Pro and 4 GB of RAM waiting for an E8400 since Christmas morning. Upgrading from a Athlon 64 4000 (single core 939) A8N-E system. I'm going to stick with my 6600GT until the 9600GTs arrive next month (or when they get to the $140 price level.)

Thanks! AL

Does Microcenter have the E8500s too?

or who has the E8500 in stock now?

Back