E8400 at MicroCenter Dallas $189

Vegasr

Gawd
Just got off the phone with Micro Center in Dallas Tx and they just got a shipment of the E8400s. Price is $189.99.

Damn. So if I go to the local Microcenter, and I see one smiling at me from the window, do I buy it?

I'm glad I live by a Microcenter. They are becoming more and more reasonable with prices.

I'm glad I live by a Microcenter. They are becoming more and more reasonable with prices.

Same here! I find myself going to Microcenter more and more. Years ago it was one of the last places I'd go because they were usually the most expensive.

Indeed they are. I wonder if it's because they're trying to compete with frys in some markets. Before Fry's came to dallas, they occasionally had decent deals, but rarely better than online prices, but lately I've seen a lot of good deals posted.

Why couldn't this be on sale last weekend when I was in Dallas? :mad:

must not must not buy must not buy must must must not buy

damnit!!!! anyone want my 6600?

btw would this work with the setup in my sig?

Picked one up from MC in Cincinnati this morning. They had at least 10 if not more.

Now I just need a microcode update so the motherboard will "officially" support it. :)

Everything looks like it is working properly though!

$202 and some change after tax.

Microcenter in Minneapolis area (St Louis Park) has them too. Not even listed yet on the Egg far as I can tell. I buy a lot on the Egg,, but this surprises me.

Egg said they won't put it up until 1/21 (Monday) in accordance to their agreement with INTEL.

BTW... GOT MINE! Microcenter, Denver, CO. (didn't know they even had one!)

djkest, what time where you there at the Denver store? I was there at around 4 PM today and there's wasn't any, they had a bunch of Q6600. Was looking for some Corsair 4gb XMS2 and they don't have any either.

There's a microcenter literally 1/4 mile from me in Boston and I can't pick up a new E8400 to play with because of all this lab work :(, damn college. GREAT price though, I want to see o/c results in the intel section soon :D.

Threw everything into a 690 and away she goes. Flawless. I've been a newegg man all my life but the people at MC were great and I can't believe I got away with what I did for the price.

I take it this deal was available all day on Sat (1/19)? To the person who bought their's in Cambridge/Boston- what time were you there? Was anyone there later in the day- and how many were left? I live about an hour away- wondering if I should wait until they open and call to see if there are any left, or go ahead and drive in and be there @ 11 when they open. Want to be back and get my system built by the kickoff of the Pats game!

I've had a Abit IP35 Pro and 4 GB of RAM waiting for an E8400 since Christmas morning. Upgrading from a Athlon 64 4000 (single core 939) A8N-E system. I'm going to stick with my 6600GT until the 9600GTs arrive next month (or when they get to the $140 price level.)

Thanks! AL

well thanks to the OP , i got my E8400 last night...but it will not post on my 680i...wah !!! :mad:

I actualled called into the microcenter at 10:30, they opened at 10, and reserved one. By the time I got inside the store (noon) they were all sold out/ reserved already. I think they had gotten $30 of them. Yeah, and I paid like $202.xx with tax and everything. BTW, the stock heatsink is tiny! I slapped on a Scythe Ninja w/ the thermalright bolt-through kit using a chopped up ninja push-pin mount.

I picked up two of these in VA yesterday at ~10am. When I called to ask if they had any in stock, they said 24; when I got there, they had 20-21. By 5pm, they were sold out.

The Cambridge store is sold out. I just wasted $6 in gas and an hour forty five minutes in driving! Two other guys were in there to buy one too when it opened @ 11 am. Got a huge tube of Artic Silver though- didn't have to pay newegg's s&h charge for it!

I take it this deal was available all day on Sat (1/19)? To the person who bought their's in Cambridge/Boston- what time were you there? Was anyone there later in the day- and how many were left?

I actually work at that one and we have 2 left as of 1 minute ago. If you can make it soon you should.

To demonstrate how fast they were going we had 30 at this time yesterday.....

The Cambridge store is sold out. I just wasted $6 in gas and an hour forty five minutes in driving! Two other guys were in there to buy one too when it opened @ 11 am. Got a huge tube of Artic Silver though- didn't have to pay newegg's s&h charge for it!

Do you remember who you spoke too?

According to our system we have 2 in stock.

Do you remember who you spoke too?

According to our system we have 2 in stock.

That sucks man. Fire the lazy @$$ bastard!! :D
MC in Tustin, CA said they don't have it. I wonder if it was true. It took 4 min. to answer the phone and another 4min. to check in the computer. I thought it was impossible but they beat Fry's in horrible customer service.

Back