E6600 OEM $129.99 + S/H @ Microcenter

I thought about that... but then I thought... there's going to be a lot of OEM e6600s for sale on Ebay next week :p

I thought exactly the same thing, im so tempted to get one still, gotta charge it to credit card, got a $2000 limit but no job so not really that good of an idea. still i think i could upgrade my entire cpu/board/ram for just $50 now. assuming i get a good deal on a board.

or should I wait until my current system stops being cool. 2.7ghz opteron isnt that bad

u guys think this is worth upgrading from my e6300 @ 3.4? u think the e6600 would clock higher in my system?

No. The newer batch of E6600 CPUs had a max OC of around 3.2Ghz to 3.4Ghz. Dunno if they're selling an older or newer batch but I'm betting newer batch. Your E6300 is fine for now.

No. The newer batch of E6600 CPUs had a max OC of around 3.2Ghz to 3.4Ghz. Dunno if they're selling an older or newer batch but I'm betting newer batch. Your E6300 is fine for now.

Are you kidding me? The E6600 has 4MB L2 Cache vice 2MB and that alone should improve peformance some. I bought one and once I get it I'll post results. I though with time the production process it supposed to improve the product not make it worse.

The newer batches (I have both) require more voltage, that's all; on air, they are not limited; they actually run cooler.

In for one as well.

Microcenter has had the E6600 and E6700 OEM chips on their site and in their stores for months...at a very overpriced level...so my guess without seeing the one I receive, is that these are older revisions. Its very possible that these are OEM chips from late 2006 to early 2007. Will post once its received...was supposed to get delivered today, but looks like FedEx screwed up...

Dear xxxxx,

Your order #xxxxxxx has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue. You have not been charged for any items on this order (see list below).

If your order has been cancelled in error or you need further assistance, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-634-3478.

Thank you for shopping Micro Center Online. We hope you visit again soon.

Micro Center Online Customer Service
1-800-634-3478
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST / Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST / Sunday - Closed
www.microcenter.com

Dear xxxxx,

Your order #xxxxxxx has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue. You have not been charged for any items on this order (see list below).

If your order has been cancelled in error or you need further assistance, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-634-3478.

Micro Center Online Customer Service
1-800-634-3478
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST / Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST / Sunday - Closed
www.microcenter.com

Did you call them?

Thank you for your order, * *.

We are currently processing your order, #******, placed on 08/23/07 and wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with some important information.

The estimated ship date of 08/27/07 assumes all items on your order are in stock at our fulfillment location. Occasionally, we run into unexpected delays during the fulfillment process. Should this occur, we will notify you with the appropriate details and options available.

I just got this email. I ordered soon as I saw this last night before microcenter site went down for an hour.

I'm in for one. Ordered this morning. I'll be pleasantly suprised if this goes through.
Thanks OP :D

BTW, e6700 for $190 isn't so great. They have the e6750 for the same price, meaning it's normal for that clock speed. Just decide which FSB you want.

Darn I should have checked out lastnight.... :(

just checked out and now I get order confirmation then a order cancellation..

I will be calling at 10 AM

BTW, e6700 for $190 isn't so great. They have the e6750 for the same price, meaning it's normal for that clock speed. Just decide which FSB you want.

The E6700 has a multi of 10 whereas the E6750 has a multi of 8. highes multi is better for those people w/o high FSB mobos. It all comes down the type of mobo you currently have. I'm wondering if my oder went through, I ordered last night around 8:30pm EST and so far I have not received a canx email. I told you this would be temporary, they were just cleaning out their stock.

I got cancelled, ordered right after the site came back on at around 9PM PST...sigh, next time I'm just going to bring a CC for when I loaf around at work/on campus, I would've gotten it that way :(

Dear SHAYNE

Order Number » ######

Date Placed » 08/23/07

Date Cancelled » 08/24/07

Your order ####### has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue. You have not been charged for any items on this order (see list below).

F--K YOU Microcenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, got my cancellation too. Oh well, 90 day warranty and odds on older stepping.

Dear SHAYNE

Order Number » 468574

Date Placed » 08/23/07

Date Cancelled » 08/24/07

Your order ####### has been cancelled due to product unavailability or a payment authorization issue. You have not been charged for any items on this order (see list below).

F@*K YOU Microcenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man, just cuz they went out of stock or you were to slow to place your order there's no need for this.

i went through the same exact thing except 2 hours later than you - confirmation then cancellation. i feel ya man, maybe another sale will come up? still waiting....

I wasnt slow to order you moron. I got the email and then ordered it.

Got the email 8/23/07 6:46 PM
Placed order 8/23/07 6:59 PM
Order confirmation 8/24/07 4:20 AM
Order cancellation 8/24/07 6:31 AM

So if you dont know the story then STFU. I wasnt talking directly to you.
so once again F--K YOU Microcenter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol chill

Also what time are you in? Eastern time? If it's pacific time then you were rather late.

I wasnt slow to order you moron. I got the email and then ordered it.

Got the email 8/23/07 6:46 PM
Placed order 8/23/07 6:59 PM
Order confirmation 8/24/07 4:20 AM
Order cancellation 8/24/07 6:31 AM

1ST, you don't call me a moron, I never called you any names or insulted you in anyway. 2ND, Make me STFU, I would like to see you try.
3RD, oh hey, I got an email confirmation that my order just shipped.
and 4TH, SORRY YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR ORDER IN TIME BEFORE IT WENT OOS.

It got canceled for me as well.. I ordered a motherboard last night as well to throw this in damn't.

I didn't get a cancellation letter yet. Does that mean I win?

My total order was over $2100... maybe Microcenter want to give it to me because I pay them big money. :p

Here...take two of these and call me in the morning.
chillpill_sm.jpg

I just spoke with them on the phone... they basically said that someone posted it on a deal site and they literally got thousands of orders within a couple of minutes that tanked the website and also way overshot there inventory amount. I didn't get an exact number, but he was hinting at that they had a very very small inventory. (maybe 100ish)

I just spoke with them on the phone... they basically said that someone posted it on a deal site and they literally got thousands of orders within a couple of minutes that tanked the website and also way overshot there inventory amount. I didn't get an exact number, but he was hinting at that they had a very very small inventory. (maybe 100ish)

I'm sure all of those people were enthusiasts like us. Good to see some people get their chips.

100ish? I really doubt that.

They didn't expect to get hammered with a price like that? why didnt they limit the order quantity?

Sending out automated OOS notifications is easy. If they wanted to dump the old stepping this was a pretty effective way to do so.

Back