e6600, evga 680i, gamexstream 700w volatage problems.

mattjbak

Gawd
I have the above components and set 1.5v in bios to the cpu. However, in CPU-z it will show 1.255v and then jump to 1.464v occasionally. Any ideas? It's fairly unstable as well. I've overclocked an e6300 with ds3 to 3.5ghz solid before. Am I just forgetting something? Thanks!

I have the above components and set 1.5v in bios to the cpu. However, in CPU-z it will show 1.255v and then jump to 1.464v occasionally. Any ideas? It's fairly unstable as well. I've overclocked an e6300 with ds3 to 3.5ghz solid before. Am I just forgetting something? Thanks!

Have EIST on?

When I run sp2004 on the cores, the voltage in CPU-z goes up, I can't find any function that is causing this though, I've done my research, what dumb mistake am I making? Thanks guys....

Make sure these are set correctly.
Before you begin overclocking your system, you must first disable a few features
that would prevent your system from reaching its maximum potential. More
specifically, the following BIOS settings must be disabled:
q CPU Thermal Control
q C1E Enhance Halt State
q Intel Speedstep
Some motherboards have these disabled by default, but it is always good to double
check. The following procedure demonstrates how to disable these features:
1. Enter the BIOS by restarting your computer and pressing DEL during POST.
2. Navigate to the Advanced Chipset Features „ CPU Configuration menu.
3. Set CPU Thermal Control to Disable as shown in Figure 3.
4. Set C1E Enhanced Halt State to Disable as shown in Figure 3.
5. Set Intel Speedstep to Disable as shown in Figure 3.
6. Press F10 to save configuration and exit the BIOS.

Yea, I set all of those correctly... thanks for the reply though, I just disabled hpet, heard these boards sometimes have issues with it. I feel a bit more stable, but the voltage is still varying the same way. Hmm :\

Back