E6300 Overclocks - Please Share Yours

My E6300 is not flat, so heatsink or waterblock touch only the edges, this sucks :-( Temp is high.
I'm not going to lap. I bought Akasa Thermal Interface Pads, AK-TC-11
Anything else I can do?

schriss said:
My E6300 is not flat...

Dude, your processor has boobs!? That is so awesome. I don't understand why you are
complaining. Maybe you are one of those guys that like small breasted females. I suppose
you could get one of those minimizer bras that makes the chest look smaller...
//joke

If your processor is not flat, you should be really pissed and you should get a new one or your
money back. A processor that is not flat is more useless than a paper cup with a hole in the
bottom.

Maybe I do something wrong while putting heatsink/Waterblock on. Its my first intel mobo since Celeron 333 times. But i got this E6300 clocked up to 2.8GHz, cant go higher because temp throttle kicks in.

hey guys, my 2278mhz overclock is still yielding 40c idle temp, and maybe 51c load temp after 48 hours of prime 95.

do i just keep overclocking till it blows up? i heard 60c was the max to run it at, but i guess i could really keep going right? i'm searching around and i see all the methods to overclock but it seems like everybody assumes it just wont load after a while.. with my 800mhz ram, i don't see why it wouldnt load at 400x7 and then the intel hsf would blow a nut

tia

My stupid E6300 was idling at about 60 deg, full load reported to be between 75-90 deg depending on temp read utility. 3 days it didnt blowup, I was alerted by water getting hot up to 51deg
Then I noticed I overclocked to 400fsb while leaving cpu voltage at NORMAL - big mistake, it probably got auto-volted to 1.5v

running my 6300+ ds3 at 430x7 (3.01ghz) stock volts on vcore/mch/fsb
80mm panaflow L1a pointed directly at the northbridge

watercooled with storm/d5/mcr220 , temps are amazing
22-24idle/32-38 load

temps never exceed 39c no matter what I throw at it
temps were measured using bios/easytune5

schriss said:
My stupid E6300 was idling at about 60 deg, full load reported to be between 75-90 deg depending on temp read utility. 3 days it didnt blowup, I was alerted by water getting hot up to 51deg
Then I noticed I overclocked to 400fsb while leaving cpu voltage at NORMAL - big mistake, it probably got auto-volted to 1.5v

the ds3 wont overvolt for you, if its not enough voltage, the ds3 will simply jus revert back to 266fsb. It seems like you just have a bad waterblock mount

try again

Nope, I changed voltage from NORMAL to 1.325 (didn't touch anything else) and temps are WAY lower, water is now back to 36deg even after 20 hours of prime, so DS3 does overvolt.

aldy402 said:
temps never exceed 39c no matter what I throw at it

Nice! Can you push it more? I got about 3150 with default Vcore, then the RAM stopped mine. Keep pushin!!

Jodiuh said:
Nice! Can you push it more? I got about 3150 with default Vcore, then the RAM stopped mine. Keep pushin!!

i can , i know i have more room but the ds3 hits a fsb wall of 440 and unfortunetly with a multi of 7, i cant

thats why i just ordered a asus p5b! ill let u know my results

Despite the fact my E6300 ís not flat hence high temps, I pushed mine further to 3.2GHz, default voltage, MCH and FSB at +0.1v (Had that at +0.2 while at 3GHz, will try if works with no overvolt).
Other thing I will do to lower temps is to try Akasa Thermal Pads.
So far dual prime stable for 8 hours, CPU temp reported between 65-90 depending on proggie used. RightmarkCPU did not indicate thermal throttling in action.
I have not and do not plan to disable any goodies in Bios just to push few MHz further.

aldy402 said:
i can , i know i have more room but the ds3 hits a fsb wall of 440...

I had to pump up the MCH +.2 and FSB +.1 to hit 450, but RAM couldn't quite cut it. Moved up to the 6400 and I'm @ 3300 default vcore...prolly push it up eventually, but I like less than 50C. :D

wow, I havent posted here since the car forum shut down... but

When you guys say you are using stock cooling did you replace the thermal compound on the stock cooler or did you use the 3 lines of grey stuff that it came with?

I have an e6300 and DS3 sitting on my bed, but the ram and video card wont get here until monday.

Bernie Mac said:
When you guys say you are using stock cooling did you replace the thermal compound on the stock cooler or did you use the 3 lines of grey stuff that it came with?
QUOTE]

I've heard the stock compound is quite good. I removed it and used Arctic Silver, then noticed my both coolers do not make good contact with CPU and CPU was extremely hot, so I bought and used Akasa thermal pad and it works great, so I guess I could just leave those pads that came with the cooler...

So far my OC using the PC in my sig is pretty stable (Dual SP2004, 32mb PI, and FEAR) using 458*7 (3.21GHz) on my DS3 motherboard using the F5 BIOS. Not bad for a 180.00 chip.

Mine also went up to 3.2GHz no problem, stock voltage set manually (NOT set to normal - it auto-overvolts). When I set it to 3.3GHz, I got Prime errors, had to raise voltage to get rid of errors, so decided to stay at 3.2 as it seems easy for mobo and CPU, default voltage, no stress. 20h Prime stable.

One of my cores is at 63c and the other is at 60c running two instances of folding@home. I'm comfortable with these temps, although temps were a little lower with the tim that came with the stock cooler than with artic silver.

Hi
First time i am going to build a computer ,i just ordered today :
Ds3
E6300
2 1Gb Patriot 667
Arctic cooler 7
evga 7600gt Ko
250 Gb hd
I like to overcloked it and i would like someone to help me with step by step how to do it?

I will really appreciated it

Thank you vrey much

Badr said:
Hi
Ds3
E6300
2 1Gb Patriot 667
Arctic cooler 7
evga 7600gt Ko
250 Gb hd
I like to overcloked it and i would like someone to help me with step by step how to do it?

Thank you vrey much

here is how to get 3.150 GHz (7x450)

PCI Express: 100
Mem Multiplier: 2
Mem timing: 5-6-6-17
DIM Volt: 0.1

Don't forget to hit Control+F1 while you in the BIOS.

Badr said:
Hi
Ds3
E6300
2 1Gb Patriot 667
Arctic cooler 7
evga 7600gt Ko
250 Gb hd

Thank you vrey much

I went with Patriot 800 Low Latency, ddr667 equals to 333NHz so might not overclock that much

Heres somthing interesting. I had My 6300 OC'ed to 3.01Ghz@430Mhz with a pair of Corsair 6400@5-5-5-12-5. I decided to experiment with a set of 5400UL I had, hoping to get the same clock speed but with a lower latency. I ended up with 3.15Ghz@450Mhz and the low latency of [email protected] volts. So far stable on 2 plus hours of Otrhos.

Gonna try and push it futher.

Oh yeah Im using an Asus P5W-DH Deluxe.
Vcore: 1.38
MCH: 1.65
and water cooled CPU, North Bridge, and South Bridge.

I read in a post the the south bridge may be the key to breaking 430 on the ASUS, so I decided to put a cooling block on it to and so far so good.

Even if u dont use water I would recommend you replace the compound under the SB Block.
Mine was only touching on 2 sections on the outer edge of the chip. Shitty job ASUS for an $300.00 board.

Gonna try for 460MHZ after 4 hours of Orthos.

jfloyd said:
Heres somthing interesting. I had My 6300 OC'ed to 3.01Ghz@430Mhz with a pair of Corsair 6400@5-5-5-12-5. I decided to experiment with a set of 5400UL I had, hoping to get the same clock speed but with a lower latency. I ended up with 3.15Ghz@450Mhz and the low latency of [email protected] volts. So far stable on 2 plus hours of Otrhos.

Gonna try and push it futher.

That is looking good. Please post your info in the database thread after you get it past 4 hours.

I got my E6300 to a modest 2.38ghz on an Asus P5B Deluxe with DDR 667. Do you think I could get 2.75 on air with DDR800?

I'm pretty happy at 2.38ghz. When I bumped it up to 2.5ghz, the screen would freeze up here and there (RAM?)

I hope this is fast enough to push my 7900GS on Oblivion and WoW.

here is mine.....4 hour ortho stable and counting! :D

stable_current_final_OC_3.2ghz_12965.jpg

Nice, that makes me happy about getting Crucial sticks.

My parts come in tonight, I will hopefully have time to really try them out by sunday.

Grats on a Very nice OC and TY for displaying all that.

I also had similar overclocking results with an E6300 on a Gigabyte 965-DS3 board.

My system was 100% Prime stable at default CPU voltage at 472 MHz but using EasyTune it would lock up if I tried to go 1 MHz higher.

I just assumed my Micron DDR2-667 ram was holding me back.

It's hard to be too sad though about overclocking an 1866 MHz processor up to 3304 MHz. ;)

Has anyone got this board running reliably with the bus speed between 472 MHz and 500 MHz with better quality ram?

I've heard with the recent F7 bios that some people have gone over 500 MHz with the DS3.
I'm just wondering if there's a bit of a hurdle at the 472 MHz level.

allendale3304ip4.png

Edit: The 2x512MB of CL5 Micron DDR2-667 was set to CL4-4-4-12 at the above speed.
The memory needed a boost from 1.8 to 2.1 volts and was run at 1:1.
The CPU voltage was manually set since the Gigabyte board gets too aggressive in AUTO mode.

Everything else though was left at AUTO.

I used the Intel heatsink fan with the 3 tiny strips of paste.

The E6300 was dead simple to overclock and as Kyle said, "rock friggin solid."

dnottis: Great overclocking.

The Asus 965 boards seem to be having better success getting to 500 MHz FSB compared to the Gigabyte DS3 board.

Can you confirm what memory you're using for other users interested in duplicating your results? Does your memory look like this and have this part number?
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.Asp?IMODULE=TY2KIT12864AA663

The 10th anniversary memory from Crucial is PC-5300 which is DDR2-667. I wouldn't want users ending up with the wrong stuff. :) You might want to try 2.1 V next since Crucial lists it as 2.2 volts.

Is the Intel Thermal Analysis Tool consistently 5 degrees less than what CoreTemp reports or does the difference vary depending on load?

3500 MHz for $180. What a deal.

unclewebb said:
dnottis: Great overclocking.

The Asus 965 boards seem to be having better success getting to 500 MHz FSB compared to the Gigabyte DS3 board.

Can you confirm what memory you're using for other users interested in duplicating your results? Does your memory look like this and have this part number?
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.Asp?IMODULE=TY2KIT12864AA663

The 10th anniversary memory from Crucial is PC-5300 which is DDR2-667. I wouldn't want users ending up with the wrong stuff. :) You might want to try 2.1 V next since Crucial lists it as 2.2 volts.

Is the Intel Thermal Analysis Tool consistently 5 degrees less than what CoreTemp reports or does the difference vary depending on load?

3500 MHz for $180. What a deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820148017
That stuff...

Its 2.2v @ 533 3-3-3 etc, I'm using 5-5-5-15 at the speeds Im at though. I was getting memtest errors at 2.1v but not at 2.0v.

In a dark world of "rape me out the butt" ram prices, these shed the light. :eek: :eek:

Not terribly impressive but I'm still waiting on my Freezer 7 Pro to get here. :)

That's a killer oc dnottis!

overclock3.jpg

Memory now at 5-6-6-15 2.1v and I'm memtest stable again...currently priming.

3600-superpi.jpg

3600verified.jpg

Back