e6300, g.skill hz, asus p5b deluxe, overclocking overview & help

Donkers. you insult members, questioning their own skills, when YOU are the NOOB on THIS forum, nobody knows you, and you come off as arrogant and a know it all. Stop the attitude shit and you will be fine. The fact is, increasing the pci bus is NOT A STANDARD overclocking tool, and quite often HURTS the stability. The OP needs to get it overclocked the regular ways before he goes messing with the pci bus.

I am sitting here looking at your sig and wonder...why would you say that when you don't even come close to my clocks?:confused: (credebility issues here) Then, I wonder..why would Asus make the P5B Dlx with PCI-E settings up to 150 (yes, there is a reason why).:confused: Then lastly, I wonder if your E6400 can even post 3731 mhz with PCI-E at 100?:confused: Because mine won't at 100, nor 110, but hey it works at 120.:eek: And that to me is a very good reason to exceed 100!:)

actually im going have to root for my man rapture here. the pci-e has nothing to do with your overclock nor hinder it. its completely independent...

its the speed of the pci-e bus itself. completely alienated from the fsb..

and also you previously stated that you run 3.7 at 1.65vcore
is that what you run as a 24/7 config?

and dont attack ppl man, its just not right

I dont want to stir s&^^t up here but Donkers was just trying to help the OP by sharing his settings.... Dont know both of you so Im not taking sides but I believe it was you Rapture that questioned his ability first, eventhough he is new ( like me ) he's got every right to question you back......This thread is about helping somebody out, not whos's been here the longest, dont wanna offend anybody, just my .02$....

Now as for the pci bus, I am running at 110 myself and at that speed I have zero problems and I am running 2x raptors at raid0..... I am not an engineer so I cannot explain why, but my rig is less stable at 100mhz pci than it is at 110mhz.... As I said on pg2, 120mhz did corrupt my drives so I played around with it and found 110 to be a good number.... I would prefer to run 100 ofcourse but I am alot more stable at 110, If the best overclockers are running 100, great but Im not about to follow them if I have to sacrifies stability.....They are good overclockers for a reason........ Peace all:)

I just mentioned that overclocking the pci bus is not the right way to start an overclock (and that is still true). He then insulted me with his "i have a higher overclock" attitude which means jackshit. Also note that his settings FAILED completely with the OP. There are NO standard settings for all cpu's of the same model, each is unique.

I stand my ground. No offense to you, you are well spoken.

No offence taken.... but Ill have to disagree with your opinion ( not saying you are wrong, my opinion is just different ) on setting,... I believe that if you copy the setting from someone whos achieve what you want to do then its a good place to start.... assuming ofcourse that you have the same motherboard..... My settings came from a thread on another forum and though its a lil different now most are still the same..... I just used it as a guide and tweaked everything to suit my own computer, thats why I had my pci at 120mhz to begin with..... I guess Donkers got his settings as well from the same thread cos its very similar to mine.....

On the other hand "yes" I agree 120 is too high, I know cos it f(*&ked me twice lol.....

Thanks for the vote of confidence Luihed but I guess it’s hard to swim against the current here. Being on the other side of 3.5 ghz like you and pulling someone up is hard to do when there are many experts out there who don’t have first hand knowledge pulling him down. I guess I will pass on the recipe of success to someone else willing to learn since the OP won’t follow my suggestions (or yours for that matter) anyway. I have given back to this community more than what I’ve taken and thank those that have helped me. I wouldn’t have gotten to where I am without them.

My apologies to you Rapture and to anyone else that feel offended by my statements. On that note, I say farewell to all. I guess I’ll be a 'noob’ on some other board for now. That is…until someone knocks me off 1st place on the E6300 category here on The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database!:cool: Peace. I'm out!

Donkers: Your position at the top of the E6300 leader board speaks for itself. Congratulations.

I know first hand the time and effort it takes for a run like that and I appreciate that you took the time to share your settings with us.

I'm hoping for one more cool stretch of weather before I take a run at being the fastest Intel cooled E6400 in the [H] database. Now I won't be afraid to head out to the sub zero garage, as long as the wife doesn't see me! :D

the thread has gone mad since i have been here to see what's going on. i'll have to read through the post to see what is going on and see if i can pull of some kind of overclock with the argument above. good luck to me and i'll stay with PCI at 110

Good luck man. It's too bad your thread turned into two guys debating who's a better overclocker. Theres too many know it alls running around the forums these days who think they're "harder" then the other guy. Unfortunately, your thread deteriorates into the guy who thinks he's a "hard overclocker" (whatever that is) and the guy who thinks he's "hard" because lucked out and got a cherry 6300 that manages to reach 3.7.

Good riddance donky...err...donkers....just because you have the top spot with your cpu does not make you the end all of overclocking, there are other guys out there just as good or better (not me, I claim no fame).

Even in apologizing you are arrogant.

To the OP, good luck in your overclocking endeavors.

Good luck OP... hope you hit your target....

@crash... Ive seen too many e6300 do 3.7g so I dont think the guys chip is anything special....

@ donkrs ... see ya!!! or maybe come back with a better attitude...

of course there are guys better then him. there are guys who have 5 ghz rigs which he doesn't have. but anyways. let the argument continue

Back