E4300 and iTAT

Rhialto

Gawd
Idle = 44-45
iTAT 100% load = 75-76

I know that is quite high but when will both core really deal with 100% load for a long period? Should I worry? This is with stock cooler and modest oc of 300FSB (so 2.7GHz). I can go higher but no need. Do I really need to replace heatsink?

Based my my testing of all the monitoring and stress programs out there. TAT stress my board the hardest and is very accurate for temps. I do not have an E4300 however.

What I am getting at is that TAT is an absolute horror to the CPU as who ever wrote it at Intel did not back off a bit, it stresses the living crap out of the cpu, even harder than Orthos ever thought of. So it is highly unlikely you will ever do anything like that in real life. You still have about 10C of headroom.

So IMO (and its worth what you paid for it ;) ) you are pushing it a little but should be fine. Use the machine, if its unstable you will find out fairly quick and just back off a bit.

That said, electronics live longer the cooler they are, now that is not some super expensive cpu and the odds are the machine will be gone/replaced/upgraded before the cpu has any issues and you are not pushing it hard, well you didnt put you Vcore in the post, if its 1.4V or hopefully a tad under that cpu is happy. So if a big truckload of money gets dumped on your lawn one night or you just feel one day like messing with it, a decent HS can never hurt but you dont need to run right out and buy one if you are happy with this level of performance. Also just making sure you have good case airflow can drop those temps several degrees if there is dust buildup, restrictive fan grills/stamping or a lack of a front mounted intake fan, or a side vent/duct that can take a fan but one is not installed.

enjoy, you good, but watch it this summer as ambient temps rise.

haha my "old setup" too another convert to the "dark side"
Abit NF7-S v2.0 | AMD Barton 2500+ @ 2.3GHz

Hi Bill,

vCore is 1.35 instead of 1.325 and I guess I could leave it to default 1.325 and it would run no problem from what I've been reading around the web.

TAT is great for taxing the CPU, nothing better and accurate to read temperature since it's by intel. I've set it to update every 100ms so 10 times a seconds, cool to watch when you put load on a CPU.

Finally, I tested with 95% load on both core and was about 72-73 so I guess it will be fine. I read that at 80 the CPU will throttle down for protection so even if I get close to 70 once in a while won't hurt.

Thanks for you input. My beloved Barton 2500+ @ 3.2GHz will go live in parents house.

Back