E3 Thread : Post your links and update to the minute info.

fuucckkkk i actually want a console. fml.

yeah i've never owned a console (except my trusty N64) and i've always been kind of an xbox fan, but envied some of the fun games they get on ps3. it seems xbox exclusives are mindless shooters with quicktime events and other crap i hate, while ps3 exclusives were interesting indie games and jrps etc. this generation has definitely turned me into a ps fan for the first time and i'm pretty sure my first "current" console will be a ps4.

List of countries the X1 will work in at launch.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Z0UBmHr.png

What does "work in" mean? At one level it ought to be enough with electricity and internet.

Ah yes, "Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions." Forgot about that. Yeah, fuck that.

If you have MS points on your account they will convert it to cash/credit on Live and it has a 1 year expiration date. If you put credit/cash on your account afterwards it has no expiration date.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...ccount-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

How does this change affect me?
You will begin using local currency or an Xbox Gift Card (denominated in your local currency) to buy music, games, videos, and more from your favorite Xbox stores. When you use your existing Microsoft Points to initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card with your Microsoft account later this year, we’ll deposit into your account an amount of money equal to or greater than the marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The purchased funds you deposit into your account after the transition will not expire. However, the funds we deposit into your account at the time of the transition will expire one year from the deposit date.

not me.

40inch tv at 1080p is already ugly. let alone 720

Eh at 12ft back on a 60 there is not a difference at all with my HTPC and BF3, borderlands 2, tomb raider, etc.

If it's between 720p/60 or 1080p/30 I'll go 720p. 30fps is almost unplayable for me.

Eh at 12ft back on a 60 there is not a difference at all with my HTPC and BF3, borderlands 2, tomb raider, etc.

If it's between 720p/60 or 1080p/30 I'll go 720p. 30fps is almost unplayable for me.

depends on the game too you know? i know i wont play a game at 30fps on my computer.. ever. but console its a little different feels smoother, and some games you can get away with it.

FPS games id prefer to be 60.

depends on the game too you know? i know i wont play a game at 30fps on my computer.. ever. but console its a little different feels smoother, and some games you can get away with it.

FPS games id prefer to be 60.

For me it's only rts and last I checked ain't many rts games on consoles.

99% of current game on Xbox 360 are 30fps, except some rare game, racing games and some so people don't really give a &&& there's a lot of game that go down to 20-25fps too (recent ones)

For me it's only rts and last I checked ain't many rts games on consoles.

Uhhh... well, there technically are. But if you mean GOOD RTS games, then no.

I think Xbox 360 has Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer, Universe at War and stuff like that.

So sad and no China or Japan? Aren't those huge markets to abandon?

Well in terms of China it is not even legal to openly sell them. So Microsoft cannot technically openly sell the Xbox One there.

In terms of the actual situation the Xbox 360 is sold on the gray market however and already modded, so you can also imagine what the source of the software is. As you can imagine that type of market condition would not exactly be lucrative.

The growth and dominance of f2p and the micro transaction based business model in China is a response to the market conditions.

So funny, but a little farfetched don't you think? :p

Yeah...no argument there. ;)

To share something (somewhat) console related - just saw the news that Oculus VR is now demoing a 1080p version of the Rift. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2041464/eyes-on-oculus-rift-vr-headset-ramps-up-the-resolution.html
Even better than that -
While the developer kit of the Oculus Rift maxes out at 720p resolution, the headset that Oculus VR CEO Brendan Iribe handed me at E3 rocked a full 1080p HD resolution. The company had never demonstrated a 1080p headset before Tuesday.

“This will be the lowest possible resolution we end up shipping to consumers,” Iribe said. “Less than a year after our Kickstarter campaign began, we’re already able to offer this for the same price that we sell the [720p] developer version for.”

That's pretty damn cool. Someone upgrading something and NOT jacking up the price for a change. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these....

Well in terms of China it is not even legal to openly sell them. So Microsoft cannot technically openly sell the Xbox One there.

In terms of the actual situation the Xbox 360 is sold on the gray market however and already modded, so you can also imagine what the source of the software is. As you can imagine that type of market condition would not exactly be lucrative.

The growth and dominance of f2p and the micro transaction based business model in China is a response to the market conditions.

Whoa, I didn't know that. People have been saying not to worry about kinect being hacked but if the 360 hacking is already rampant...

1080p offers 2.25 the clarity of 720p not even remotely the same in image quality even at a distance. i prefer the clarity every time on consoles as i have had games running at 25-15fps 720p for so long now and a controller doesn't offer much responsive difference anyways based on the fps.

I just took these as a direct comparison in how much detail is lost using 720p and exact same graphic settings.

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/13303716/img/Picture-Box/720.png
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13303715/img/Picture-Box/1080.png

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/13046169/img/Picture-Box/2.png
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/13303819/img/Picture-Box/10802.png

1080p offers 2.25 the clarity of 720p not even remotely the same in image quality even at a distance. i prefer the clarity every time on consoles as i have had games running at 25-15fps 720p for so long now and a controller doesn't offer much responsive difference anyways based on the fps.

I just took these as a direct comparison in how much detail is lost using 720p and exact same graphic settings.

Ubi claims AC4 will be 1080p/60 on PS4 so maybe you don't have to choose. On the other hand that game crashed hard at the press conference and the other games didn't get a stable 60 even on PC, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Whoa, I didn't know that. People have been saying not to worry about kinect being hacked but if the 360 hacking is already rampant...

I think you might be misunderstanding what I meant by modded. The 360 was being modded to be able to play pirated games much earlier in its lifetime (very early) than the PS3 was. This is actually why the 360 had a popularity advantage in China.

In many developing countries actually the consoles you buy from the shops are bought modded to be able to play pirated games. The market conditions are basically different.

Woah, Microsoft just clarified the 10 "family" members thing. This could actually be better than renting/used games:

Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details, but he did clarify some things.

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.

Your experience is entirely dependent on your eyesight, the distance you sit from the screen, and the size of the screen. Nobody disputes that 1080 provides a capability for much more detail than 720, but personal experience depends on multiple factors.

If that is true that is actually pretty nice. Where was that excerpt from?

This was how it was explained to ambassadors as well I said something about this over a week ago. This is why people shouldn't shit their pants so fast.

If that is true that is actually pretty nice. Where was that excerpt from?

Boo. I like the Xbox 360 method of "sharing games". I have my Xbox Live account on a USB drive, plug it into my wife's Xbox 360, and buy the game. When it finishes downloading, I plug my account into my Xbox and download a copy of it on there. Now we can play that game together with only buying it once.

Woah, Microsoft just clarified the 10 "family" members thing. This could actually be better than renting/used games:

I bet you this policy changes once they think it over. It's too large a loophole for them not to capitalize on considering their capitalistic behavior towards every other function of this console.

However if they don't change it , that's a pretty amazing feature.

I bet you this policy changes once they think it over. It's too large a loophole for them not to capitalize on considering their capitalistic behavior towards every other function of this console.

However if they don't change it , that's a pretty amazing feature.

It's actually not that big of a loophole. Only one copy of the game can be played at a time. So it's really no different from lending physical copies to friends. It's just significantly more convenient since it's all digital. Not being able to lend/borrow games with friends was going to make me cancel my preorder, but this got me to keep it.

The boxes aren't being hacked against their will, so not quite relevant.

It's actually not that big of a loophole. Only one copy of the game can be played at a time. So it's really no different from lending physical copies to friends. It's just significantly more convenient since it's all digital. Not being able to lend/borrow games with friends was going to make me cancel my preorder, but this got me to keep it.

Considering how MS has presented the box however , it seems almost too good to be true.

Still the big catch is you are restricted to the 9 other people on that family plan as well. You trade the freedom of being able to do whatever you want with the disc to be limited to sharing it to a few people.

And as someone else said, considering how bad everything else has been going, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some other catch to this.

Still the big catch is you are restricted to the 9 other people on that family plan as well. You trade the freedom of being able to do whatever you want with the disc to be limited to sharing it to a few people.

And as someone else said, considering how bad everything else has been going, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some other catch to this.

Still doesn't seem like an issue I mean I have 3 people in my house that play games and we don't lend games out i'm not a red box.

Last time I lent a game it came back with a laser burn ring so I don't lend.

If everyone just bought one copy and lent it to all their friends you really are not the customer they want.

10 people is more than fair that's 9 more people than can play my steam library or any other digital games I.e origin,PS+ and so on.

I think it will all be fine but people always have to shit their pants about everything online.

Back