E3 Thread : Post your links and update to the minute info.

I preorded the second I got hte email. I'll probably end up canceling though. Newegg doesn't charge tax, Amazon does.

Also, from the video.

"PS4 multiplayer online access requires PSN account & PS Plus subscription."

I was thinking this when they were going over ps+ and he mentions "if you want to play single player and you still have access to your media" or something like that. Why point out SP unless you need + for mp.

Let's sum this up

It's cheap
No DRM
People are magically OK paying for multiplayer?

At 399 something is missing somewhere.

Im still hung up on the assassins creed freezing don't know why.

But....that's the best part!

True, it's a great experience, especially to see who will fold and go home before the doors open.
Been there done that though with the Dreamcast and 360. I'm an adult now with the patience to wait.

I thought Sony was dumb not to charge for PSN. That's 7 years of income they'll never see.
That extra revenue helped MS keep their Live community thriving and reliable. I think Sony learned their lesson.

PSN will only get better now that they'll have the money to put into it. And if that subsidized the console price, I'm all for it. I still have my PC.

Let's sum this up

It's cheap
No DRM

At 399 something is missing somewhere.

Im still hung up on the assassins creed freezing don't know why.

sony needs to clarify if it's pay for mp or pay and get extra for mp
either way i just play sp games on console and i got pc for mp needs

I haven't owned a console in years. I will get a PS4 to support the practices Sony is keeping in place. With regard to the multiplayer, if PSN + is 5 bucks a month? That is RIGHT in line with where I'd place the value of online connection. Another 15/mo sub for xbl is too steep for me, but 5 bucks? yeah, Sony is making ALL the right moves.

Trust, it's a great experience, especially to see who will fold and go home before the doors open.
Been there done that though with the Dreamcast and 360. I'm an adult now with the patience to wait.
Oh man, a Dreamcast launch day event would have been fun. I'm a Nintendo fanboy through and through, so I've only ever been to Nintendo launch days. Might make an exception here though.

I don't play multiplayer, so it doesn't bother me. Other online services like Netflix are not going to require PSN+, like Microsoft requires Live. Putting a premium on multiplayer actually might be a good thing.

I wonder if all of the great deals and freebies Sony has been giving away on PSN+ has been in preparation for announcing it's required for MP?

[L]imey;1039955263 said:
I haven't owned a console in years. I will get a PS4 to support the practices Sony is keeping in place. With regard to the multiplayer, if PSN + is 5 bucks a month? That is RIGHT in line with where I'd place the value of online connection. Another 15/mo sub for xbl is too steep for me, but 5 bucks? yeah, Sony is making ALL the right moves.

Wat? Xbox Live Gold and PS+ are the same price, $50 annually.

not to crazy about the slanted design and it does remind me of ps2 in a way. I think this just got me sold on the ps4 over xbox to start..but at some point i will get both. It will make me sad not to have my forza right away. Well, I'll get driveclub for a year

Doesn't seem like any ones commented yet but the PS4, which at the moment seems to have the powerful internals and thus generate more heat, seems to have no vents (there probably is some vents though) whereas the Xbox One has an insane amount of venting?

The recessed USB and drive could be a bit annoying in usage :p

I'm still holding out hope it will be clarified and confirmed that PS+ is not required to play over PSN.

If it is required, meh, I still don't like it and I'd have the same to bitch about as I do with Live.

I can game on PC for free, I can game on Nintendo consoles for free (yeah yeah I know it's shitty and poorly integrated but it's still free). I'm not paying to play games online on anything.

sony needs to clarify if it's pay for mp or pay and get extra for mp
either way i just play sp games on console and i got pc for mp needs

Exactly.

[L]imey;1039955263 said:

it's 18 bux for 3 month or 50 bux for a year

I've already seen the same "excuses" Xbox gamers have used, to justify the cost of Live, but be criticized for it... including it being cheap/reasonable when you break it down monthly. Haha, quite hypocritical.

Anyway, I was a bit bored by Sony's conference, until the end, when they started throwing all those jabs and then knocked em out with the cheaper price. Maybe it's just me, but when it came to the games it seemed like Microsoft had more exclusives to show. That might not be the case, when you break down the numbers. Maybe it just feels that way because some of the big focus (like extended gameplay footage), was stuff that is multi-platform.

I'm still holding out hope it will be clarified and confirmed that PS+ is not required to play over PSN.
So the video on Sony's official Youtube channel that says PSN+ is required for multiplayer still isn't enough clarification?

While they're requiring PS+ for online play (I don't care), they still won't need a PS+ subscription to access media services. Suck it, MS.

Anyone have a link to the entire PS4 piece?

If you listen now, you can hear the sound of thousands of people canceling their XBox One preorders.

no release date unfortunately. i hope it is before november. also cant wait for super smash bros announcement tomorrow

Doesn't seem like any ones commented yet but the PS4, which at the moment seems to have the powerful internals and thus generate more heat, seems to have no vents (there probably is some vents though) whereas the Xbox One has an insane amount of venting?

theres always a faggot

They said holiday general consensus online is they are launching after Xbox one.

IGN just used my comparison called destiny borderlands.

I don't like that they put multiplayer behind PS+
But considering I've been a PS+ member for a year and have another year + paid for I am not bothered too much considering the value it offered already though it is crappy still that they did it. At least they didn't put any of the other services behind a paywall like Netflix.

unless you buy the year cards for 35-39 ;) I think my last two years Ive paid 35 for mine. Thats for live

I know they can be found cheaper, I was just picking the MSRP. My point was that saying PS+ is fine and well because its $5 a month but XBL is not ok because it's $15 a month was false... because XBL is not $15 a month.

I think thermals have come a long way and I trust Sony's engineers. I'm also pretty sure the vents are at the back and there might be some stuff towards the front/sides we can't see that sucks air in. Hidden in the slits perhaps.

Back