E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy New PC Exclusive Indie FPS/RPG

Has a lot of potential. Been playing for about an hour. Steep learning curve, some UI WTF's, developers are not native English speakers (try understanding the history in the library?), but the game could be alot of fun once you get into it.

What he said. Also what the above poster said about being dark. It is extremely dark, even in friendly HQ type buildings.

The hacking looks weird in the video and it's a little interesting to figure out. Basically you and your target have hit points, attack, and defense. You have five different "programs" that you can run as an attack on the target. You run them one after another. I only hacked one thing as I don't have much time in the game yet, but you'll figure it out quick enough.

Oh and either the inventory is very bugged or it makes no sense to me. Things disappear from the inventory like weapons, but still show up when you scroll through them with the mouse wheel. Inventory slots are also broken up over your body parts. Kind of makes sense, you can carry a lot of magazines but not a lot of big weapons because you only have large inventory spots on your back.

Only played a little bit. Has a weird control scheme which seems kind of random. Theres lots of controls in strange places (enter to use/talk). The lean controls take up the q and e and I don't really use those, so i'm going to experiment a little bit. It's not that they are overly complicated or anything, it's just they are grouped seemingly randomly. Good thing you can reassign all the controls and I have a 7 button mouse... :D

The atmosphere is good, though i'm not sure yet if i've made good decisions or bad. It's easy to load yourself up with guns and then limp around too heavy, so I might drop the sniper as it seems too overpowered for everything i've faced so far.

Pretty cool so far, but kind of ghetto and VERY confusing in parts. Somewhat due to the make-believe terminology and the slew of options for leveling up. Any tips?

Oh and either the inventory is very bugged or it makes no sense to me. Things disappear from the inventory like weapons, but still show up when you scroll through them with the mouse wheel. Inventory slots are also broken up over your body parts. Kind of makes sense, you can carry a lot of magazines but not a lot of big weapons because you only have large inventory spots on your back.

I haven't quite figured that out either.

One thing I did notice, the two one-handed swords have a one sword option. Also, I think maybe the guns in your hand look different then they do in the inventory screen. Last but not least, if you are in the training room, you get outfitted with training kit.

I don't know how far anyone has gotten in this, but can anyone comment on game length?

I'm worried that given the breadth of work they seem to have done on items and abilities, the game is short.

Also, does everything look like the videos they have on Steam? I'm not sure I can get into the game if the atmosphere is always that dark.

53.97 / 4 = $13.49 per person. People, want to get a 4 pack going?

So, read through the EYE thread on the Penny Arcade forums and caved. Bought a 4-pack so I can make my brothers and my roommate play with me at some point.

There should really be some sort of board I have to submit petitions to to get into my bank account.

Will be back with game updates tonight sometime (ie: after I get home from work and can play).

Indie devs kicking some ass lately. Gotta give credit to steam for supporting it, though I'm sure it's financially smart for them to do so. I'm okay with dealing with lack of polish if it gets me the type of games I think are lacking lately in AAA games.

There's been a fair bit of talk that the game as quite buggy.. Has anyone noticed any major game breakers or can verify if it plays well in its current state?

I might hold off getting it until it's been patched a couple of times depending on how it plays.

Indie devs kicking some ass lately. Gotta give credit to steam for supporting it, though I'm sure it's financially smart for them to do so. I'm okay with dealing with lack of polish if it gets me the type of games I think are lacking lately in AAA games.

I think it's got to be a win for all concerned on all fronts. :)

From the amount of sales and press I would expect a situation similar to killing floor. We'll hopefully see some more polish now that the devs have some money in the bank. Ironically the opposite of a triple A dev.

I wish I had more time to play I've only gotten a few minutes in. I have to admit I tend to throw money at devs who put this much work into something whether I end up playing it or not.

steam stats are looking surprisingly good

1,895 2,346 E.Y.E

Keeping an eye on this game. Leaving the country for a few weeks, but will definitely try this out when I get back.

I ended up uninstalling this game. The combat system and other things just were too frustrating for me.

Me and Paulo Narciso are looking for 2 more people for a group buy.

I bought it for myself and a friend. Can't wait to play it co-op this weekend (I also have another friend that got it as well that would join us). I just heard the only problem were bugs/crashes, localization and the interface kinda sucks, other than that, it's awesome. Also, bit-tech reviews are just bleh to me... they rate harsher than CNET.

There aren't definitely issues with coop games. Supposedly there's a patch coming in the near future.

Yeah I'm hoping for a patch soon. So many bugs, which has been frustrating. Theres a major bug that I ran into that really pissed me off. During the mars mission, my energy got bugged at zero, had to restart the game, then I ended up in the kings room. Hadn't even got the portal or close to that point yet, couldn't talk to him because it advanced me past that part. Then somehow I ended up being on the final mission and beat the game an hour later.

Back