E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy New PC Exclusive Indie FPS/RPG

BababooeyHTJ

Supreme [H]ardness
I just saw that E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy was just released on Steam. I have been following a thread on this game on another forum and it looks interesting. As a fan of fps/rpg hybrids like Borderlands and Fallout 3 this looks like it could be right up my alley. It is an Indie title with a $18 price tag so I might be expecting a bit too much but I have to give this game a shot. I'm downloading now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzDf5lzVTd4"]‪E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy launch trailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I've never even heard of this game. Keep us posted. If it's good, I'll pick it up.

Wow, actually that looks like something I'd really enjoy.. Grabbing the 4-pack tonight.

This ought to be a real hit at our co-op themed LANs :D

I'd heard about this, but didn't realize it was released. Definitely looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Reading more about it now... it seriously sounds like the gameplay in this would be akin to a proper System Shock 3 title. Co-op. Research and Development, inventory, implants, PSI powers, skills and abilities...

How did this one slip by me until now? :D

I'm in the same boat with the rest of you. Where did this fantastic sounding game come from? How the hell did I not know about it?

Anyone interested in the 4 pack group buy?

Reading more about it now... it seriously sounds like the gameplay in this would be akin to a proper System Shock 3 title. Co-op. Research and Development, inventory, implants, PSI powers, skills and abilities...

How did this one slip by me until now? :D

Reminds me of old HL mod. I think it was called Science and Industry.

Love the HUD. If you post that it's good, i'll get it!

Yes sir, thats what I've been playing. I'm only a couple of hours in but I've been enjoying is so far.

Have you played System Shock 2?

Does it use a lot of the same principles or play anything like it? It sure sounds like it did from their description, but I'm curious as to how far that seemingly extends.

I'll be grabbing a four pack tonight as well. This looks great! I've got a few friends coming over to bbq, drink, and play games, so it looks like this might be an option. Thanks for the tip!

(I'm a big SS1/SS2/DX fan, so this should be nice.) There is a huge lack of Cyberpunk setting games. They all died out in the 90s it seems. Can't wait for DXHR either.

lol
@ w.e.e.d
warfare engineering and enforcement division.

(its in the game)

Early first impressions: I can't believe they're only asking $18 for this.

EXCELLENT.

They should charge more for this. It's definitely got the depth I look for in a game and I can't wait to get a bit further into it.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) one of my roommates just got it too and wants to play, so I'll be coordinating my first play-through with him this weekend. :D

4-pack acquired. No regrets.

I'm looking for someone who bought a 4pack and needs buyers.

I am looking for TWO copies (one for me, one for a friend).

If you have two copies available, please PM me with your Steam info! :)

I really only have one complaint so far. Despite having my gamma, contrast, and brightness set perfectly fine there's areas in this game where it's just too damned bloody dark even with the flashlight they give you.

Anyone else agree with me on that?

Is this games for windows?

Linux and Apple only. :p

I really only have one complaint so far. Despite having my gamma, contrast, and brightness set perfectly fine there's areas in this game where it's just too damned bloody dark even with the flashlight they give you.

Anyone else agree with me on that?

Linux and Apple only. :p

OS/2

Has a lot of potential. Been playing for about an hour. Steep learning curve, some UI WTF's, developers are not native English speakers (try understanding the history in the library?), but the game could be alot of fun once you get into it.

Seems interesting but what I can tell from the video, too much clicky clicky and deciphering of the rather horrid translations. I might give it a shot when it's around $5

I don't know what they were showing in the trailer on Steam, but the UI looks very clunky. The guy looks at a a sentry gun and starts to hack into it. The GUI that comes up is very clunky and unpolished looking. Hopefully the rest of the game has a bit more polish to it.

I don't know what they were showing in the trailer on Steam, but the UI looks very clunky. The guy looks at a a sentry gun and starts to hack into it. The GUI that comes up is very clunky and unpolished looking. Hopefully the rest of the game has a bit more polish to it.

It's hit and miss but pretty forgivable at south of $20. I'm encouraged by the news that they intend to support this game so it can only get better from here on out. :)

Its really not that clunky. The "problem" is that there are just a ton of options to choose from.

I would think they could simplify it a little bit. The guy had to click like a dozen different buttons to hack the sentry gun.

Its like a mini game. I would compare hacking in this game to a jrpg style turnbased battle.

Back