E-Paper Sneakers Display Custom Art And Animations

Indiegogo... that means that they have no prototype just a video, instant scam.

I'm waiting on e-paper condoms. For my truly miniature viewing pleasure.:eek:

This is a product, that were I to see someone wearing it, I would point and laugh, and make assumptions regarding their lack of intelligence. The concept behind it is actually quite interesting though. Advertising and public announcements in real time on the side of cabs, transit trains, or buses. A ton of uses for this stuff, but shoes, shoes are laughable.

Indiegogo... that means that they have no prototype just a video, instant scam.

Even just a little bit of critical thought would expose this as a scam.

There is not one type of display that can be built into a shoe and not break after a short walk.

eInk doesn't have this kind of refresh. eInk LCD isn't flexible (glass built). AMOLED isn't flexible enough as the individual pixels would snap off if you flex the plastic substrate sharply enough, which WILL happen the moment you step forward onto the toes. Complete an total sham.

How stupid are people to keep buying into this shit? No working prototype, claims of a flexible "HD" display that doesn't exist in a form that works on a shoe, recharges with every step, only a $25K goal along with promises of machine washing? Must be legit.

At this point we should just start a new campaign to rescue all of the orphan unicorns from the moon. You get to pet the unicorns with the $150 tier! $10K goal.

Also their team doesn't even have a single person on it with footwear experience! Aaarrrggghhh

I can see this maybe on a very small part of the sneaker, maybe the back heel logo or something like that. Anything else is just a pipe dream.

I know a lot of sneaker-heads out there that, if Nike were to get behind these, they would shelling top dollar for them.

Now if they could only make shoes that don't break after a short walk.;)

QFT.

When I was growing up, a new pair of shoes would last me a couple months before they fell apart. A few were so bad that they started coming apart after a few days.

Now shoes last me a good 6 months before they start looking worn or the stitching starts coming out.

For the price they charge, they should be lasting a good 2-3 years at least.

Yeah, cool concept and would be a good product if it could be made a reality. But:

eInk doesn't have this kind of refresh. eInk LCD isn't flexible (glass built). AMOLED isn't flexible enough as the individual pixels would snap off if you flex the plastic substrate sharply enough, which WILL happen the moment you step forward onto the toes. Complete an total sham.

Is exactly what I thought. They could have at the very least tried to make that video remotely realistic and tone down the ridiculous refresh speed.

I know time flies but man I didn't know it was April 1st already! :confused: ;)

Yeah, cool concept and would be a good product if it could be made a reality. But:

Is exactly what I thought. They could have at the very least tried to make that video remotely realistic and tone down the ridiculous refresh speed.

Why trying to make a more realistic video when people have proven time and time again that there is no limit to crowdfunding stupidity?

Back