E-ATX Small Footprint - Are There Any?

So I have a build I'd like to do using an Asus Rampage Edition 10 board. I have all of the parts but not permanent cooling. The hold up is that the only case I have big enough is a Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Ed. I love the case and have yet to build in it, but the footprint is quite the chunk of real-estate. So, this leads me to something with clean lines, good cooling options, cable management......am I asking too much to throw in "small footprint" with that? Is there anything out there? I will be using an Asus RX580 Strix Gaming Top Ed.....long enough name. Not looking to water cool everything but would like an AIO on the cpu. Large fans would be nice too....... am I asking too much? LoL

Anyway, throw some ideas out to me! Thanks :)

yeah, it's a problem of sorts. Normally when you think of EATX you're thinking about a lot of stuff going into the case. The other direction is easier, if not sillier. That is I don't want to put much in my case (including MB), but I want a huge case. Physics works in favor of that scenario of course.

With that said, the (full) custom system providers deal with this with their custom multi-socket EATX boards, but well designed cases that try to get you the most in the smallest possible space.

IMHO, the problem is the market. Pretty sure this is going to be niche (?).

And with all that said, do let us know what you find out there. I'm curious about what the smallest EATX supporting case is.

Silverstone FT04 / RV04 model is a "smaller" full size EATX EEB compatible case that has really good airflow.

I just swapped my x99 rig with eatx evga classified mb into a deepcool matrexx 55 case. Its a normal sized atx exterior but will house an eatx and it has solid case flow despite a glass front. The dude i sold the rig to really likes it ;)

Edit- apparently the 55 is eol but there are a couple matrexx 55 v3 to choose from at amazon.
Edit#2- corrected typo! Thx PD.

Last edited:
thats a mid-size atx not matx.

phantek p series would work, most mid-size would
That is to say, mid-size tower formfactor. Slightly larger than midi towers, much smaller than full towers.

If there was something smaller than a mid-tower that supported e-atx boards, it'd probably be a htpc case or a rackmount server chassis.

I have put multiple rampage 5 extremes into my Fractal Arc Midi R2. I think I put it in my old Lian Li PC-65 actually at one point. EATX or not it isn't a hard board to fit in normal ATX cases.

1593646832464.png

The ASUS Rampage Edition M is actually a SSI-CEB sized motherboard so you don't really need to get true Extended-ATX (SSI-EEB) cases for it. There are a lot of compact models for SSI-CEB, the smallest footprint one we have for example is the Precision PS13 budget case at only 182mm (7.2") wide and 400mm (15.8") deep.

Have you looked into Sliger? They market the Cerberus-X as the world's smallest E-ATX case. It's 19.5L and made in the good old USA.

http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus_x/

Man that's tight (in a bad way).

Brings back memories of putting dual socket motherboards into the Cooler Master Praetorian (actually, that looks worse).

Maybe it seems like a "wow", but I'd rather have a case with some room.

Even so, I think that's interesting and probably as small as it can get for full E-ATX. (ding ding, I think we have a winner!)

Thanks for all if the replies guys. Just need to make up my mind and also figure out what I'm going to do with this Level 10 GT..... Would love to see this build actually take form soon.

There's the Thermaltake Core G3. About standard "height", but about half width and the GPU sits flat next to the motherboard. Think it can be stood up or lay on it's side. Single 240mm rad is the most that'll fit, though, and cable management may be tight.

I was going to suggest the Sliger Cerberus X as well , not only because of its size but also its quality and local-fabrication (there aren't too many of those remaining since CaseLabs left. I've been trying to convince System76 to sell Thelio cases separately and make a version amenable to [H]ard aftermarket cooling needs because they're great otherwise). Depending on what you need to get into it it could work just fine, but there are other larger scale cases capable of handing EATX too. Great board by the way, the Rampage V Edition 10 - mine has been serving me admirably for quite some time as my main rig and may end up transitioned into my home server/NAS rebuild when Zen3 arrives.

Back