Dying Monitor

asyork

2[H]4U
My trusty old 17" CRT seems to be going out on me. It is an HP A4032A. It uses a 5 BNC cable for the input.

Now for the problem:
The monitor has been having very minor distortion problems for a while. I suspected the cable because I could temporarily fix it my adjusting the connection. Then one day the monitor suddenly had a heavy blue cast, bad pincoushioning, geometry problems, and was blurry (not a convergence problem though).

I replaced the cable, which significantly helped the original distortion, but did nothing for the new problems. I tried everything I could think of to fix it. I even removed the blue cable from the back, and it still had a blue cast over everything. Occasionally the cast will change hue slightly, but it is always blue. The odd thing is that, after the monitor has been on for a while, everything goes back to normal. By leaving my computer on, and using a blank screensaver instead of puting the monitor in standby mode, I can use it normally about 99% of the time. The amount of time required for it to "warm up" after being off seems to be completely random. Anywhere from a couple minutes to days.

I've had a difficult time finding documentation for the monitor, and have no idea what I could try to do to fix it. There is a ctrl button on the front, but I have no idea what it does, there are also some things on the back which I can't figure out. My best guess is that it is in a serious need of a degaussing, but it does not seem to have a degaussing button or coil. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a photo of the back of my monitor.

Thanks,
Asyork

Back