Dying Light - zombies, 4-player co-op

Is this a standalone expansion? I don't have the game installed anymore and certainly don't want to go through vanilla just to play the DLC.

the TechLand guys answer this question in the video below (24:49 mark)...Question: Will you have to complete the main story of Dying Light to play the new DLC?...Answer is No but they recommend completing the main story first...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1621&v=FwNpilWUV3s

Its mean to say this but I hated the last act and ending to Dying Light so much that I can't see myself ever buying another techland game or expansion with anything less than stellar reviews.

Dying Light has stellar reviews.

not according to the wiki. For PC it was a shit heap fucking mess on release and by the second half you were just redoing the same shit over and over for the last 5-8 hours. Not to mention the garbage plot and horrid fucking ending.

Dying light was alright. Better than Dead Island, not amazing.

The last few missions and the boss "fight" sucked fucking donkey dick.

Dying Light PC demo now available

It’s available right now on Steam, and offers “most of” the Slums map to explore...Techland estimate that the demo provides about three hours of Dying Light activities, including one major quest chain, a few side-quests, and all of the game’s parkour and zombie slaying antics...the demo also supports co-op for up to four players, so you can leap about with some fellow demo-samplers as you decide whether the full title is for you or not.

“Demoes were pretty much a standard in the previous generation, but suddenly they’ve become few and far between” says Techland’s Tymon Smektała, “So we decided to use some of our resources to release a demo now and let everyone experience our game first-hand”

Did anyone successfully play this game with MSAA?
I'm trying to force via NVCP and NV Inspector and no results. DSR works but it tanks my frame rate.

edit: Upon further research it seems only post-processing AA techniques will work with this game.

Last edited:
Dying Light PC demo now available

It’s available right now on Steam, and offers “most of” the Slums map to explore...Techland estimate that the demo provides about three hours of Dying Light activities, including one major quest chain, a few side-quests, and all of the game’s parkour and zombie slaying antics...the demo also supports co-op for up to four players, so you can leap about with some fellow demo-samplers as you decide whether the full title is for you or not.

“Demoes were pretty much a standard in the previous generation, but suddenly they’ve become few and far between” says Techland’s Tymon Smektała, “So we decided to use some of our resources to release a demo now and let everyone experience our game first-hand”

I think this demo is based on the pre patched version. I know my rig is old, but lots of glitches in this one. Still seems interesting. The transition to night time was pretty creepy.

Is it just me or is this a really frustrating game. The amount of times I have fallen to my death from the top of towers is just abnormal. I am not liking it a lot to be honest. Also, the zombies are so OP right now and when the fuck do I get me some guns? I am doing the errands for Rais where I have to collect money from Fisherman's village or something. It is just annoying.

you need to develop your jump kick, slide kick and so forth. At some point you can run on their heads. For guns, this is not dead island. They do have assault rifles but they never scale like other weapons. For falling, if you are moving it typically should not be a problem. If you launch off ramps there will usually be trash bags at the bottom.

No I am falling from top of towers so there are no trash bags or anything. Just I miss catching a rail and boom dead.

Yes, getting down from the comm towers is frustrating. Usually, though, there is a wire near the power panel that you can jump on and slide down to the ground safely. If you look closely, I'm pretty sure most towers have either a dumpster or pile of mattresses you can jump to safely if there are no blue trash bags.

The pacing of the game is such that it "encourages" you to avoid contact with the infected. The weapons that become available to you after getting past Survivor Rank 10, though, start to become really OP. Especially if you have found some good recipes to enhance them. Once you get to the second map of the game most infected beyond the Goons, Volatiles and Demolishers will die in one hit on Normal difficulty with at least a blue weapon.

I usually save my guns for the human enemies because I find fighting them in melee to be frustrating. When the infected come from being attracted to the noise they are trivial by comparison. If you did the side quest for Lena at the start involving the fake Antizin, the intersection near the safe zone it unlocks will have a police van and a police car that have a high probability of containing a pistol. But jiminator is right in that guns do not scale with your Survivor rank like melee does. At most guns will do around 179 damage, if I remember correctly. Your melee weapons will be doing 2000+ damage by the end of the game.

No I am falling from top of towers so there are no trash bags or anything. Just I miss catching a rail and boom dead.

I remember having this problem at first too. I think it just depends on where you're looking when you go for the grab.

I hate platform jumping. I hate it even more in fps. I can't even remember how I finished Mirror's Edge. This one is worse since fall almost always kills me. Also I can't seem to find too many materials for weapons etc.

I played through this and I thought that the catch system was very forgiving. When I was jumping a long distance, I basically just mashed whatever button it was for me to grab a ledge and I always seemed to make it. There's no precision to it, just repeatedly hit the button until you latch on. I also picked the perks to reduce fall damage and the fall/roll thing so that I could just mash the crouch button and roll when I fell from higher distances.

You eventually get guns, I only used them in a few situations where it was beneficial for fighting Rais's men (like Armenius said, human enemies); melee weapons worked fine, just know that you can hop back and sideways to avoid the large enemies after popping them a couple times with melee. I think you press the direction (left/right/back) twice quickly or something like that to jump/dodge away, kinda like Unreal Tournament.

It might be slightly frustrating now, but you get something later that makes travel much easier.

Bumping for my old post...

Aside from DSR, FXAA, and SMAA are there any other AA techniques that would work with this game? Because it still looks bad and downsampling from 1440p doesn't really help much (and hurts my frame rate). Still playing this game btw, I'm well over 100hrs now.

Did anyone successfully play this game with MSAA?
I'm trying to force via NVCP and NV Inspector and no results. DSR works but it tanks my frame rate.

edit: Upon further research it seems only post-processing AA techniques will work with this game.

I played through this and I thought that the catch system was very forgiving. When I was jumping a long distance, I basically just mashed whatever button it was for me to grab a ledge and I always seemed to make it. There's no precision to it, just repeatedly hit the button until you latch on.

FYI, I'm pretty sure you can just hold the button in.

I hate platform jumping. I hate it even more in fps. I can't even remember how I finished Mirror's Edge. This one is worse since fall almost always kills me. Also I can't seem to find too many materials for weapons etc.
You need to spend some time looting when you're out and about. Use your Survivor sense and go after anything with diamonds that appears. I rarely had to ever go on a resource hunt by just taking a little extra time to loot the containers that are everywhere while out on a quest. The only thing I really had a hard time finding by the end was alcohol and gauze for medkits (probably more likely that I love molotovs, so they got priority on the alcohol :D).
Bumping for my old post...

Aside from DSR, FXAA, and SMAA are there any other AA techniques that would work with this game? Because it still looks bad and downsampling from 1440p doesn't really help much (and hurts my frame rate). Still playing this game btw, I'm well over 100hrs now.
Since no one answered, it's probably because no one knows or the answer is no. You could try changing the AA compatibility bit for the game using NVIDIA Inspector and see if you can force TrMSAA that way.

I still need to play this game. Everytime I am on PC some other game takes priority for me.

this is on my to-buy list...I'm busy with other games now and in the near future so by the time I get around to it the price should be just right

It's a fun game, I had a blast playing it co-op with 2 buddies on teamspeak as well. It really shines in co-op, but not required.

I'm really looking forward to the big expansion they're working on - "The Following". It'll practically be a whole new game. "The expansion will feature a new story, set in a vast countryside that players will be able to explore via an upgradable and customizable dirt buggy."

Dying Light's next DLC is so big Techland is raising the price

Dying Light's The Following DLC has grown so big the developer will now charge extra for it...The Following is large enough that it could be released as a standalone game, Techland said in a statement issued this afternoon...originally priced at $15, the DLC will now cost $20...However, the price changes will not be applied until December 8th - meaning there's still two weeks to nab the Season Pass at its old price...Techland is yet to nail down a final release date for the DLC, though it mentioned today that it is now in the "polishing period"

I picked this up a week or so ago when it went on sale and have been having a blast with it and have had a hard time putting it down. The only thing that I don't like is the screen tearing. No other games I have have so much screen tearing regardless of what v-sync settings I use.

Dying Light Getting Enhanced Edition; Upgrades Free for Existing Players

Dying Light's The Following expansion will launch February 6th 2016, Polish developer Techland has announced, alongside - as well as included within - a newly unveiled Enhanced Edition of the game...this is for all three formats: PC, PS4, Xbox One...

The Enhanced Edition does what a Game of the Year Edition would typically do - bundle the game and all downloadable content - but with added relish. The enhancements and added extras apparently took half-a-year to create.

The enhancements include:
◾Nightmare difficulty setting
◾Legend system
◾Bounties system
◾New Parkour moves
◾New enemy attacks and behaviours
◾Enhanced facial expressions
◾New NPC models
◾Improved human enemy AI
◾Improved volatile AI
◾Greater firearm variety
◾HUD and video filter customisations
◾Audio upgrades
◾Gameplay quality improvements
◾Console performance upgrades
◾Overall game look and feel improvements

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dying-light-getting-enhanced-edition-upgrades-free/1100-6432833/

Sounds interesting...I never did get the DLC so might be a reason to pick the game back up.

It took me a few hours to get all my mods working, I suspect the DLC will break them. Probably won't come back for it since it would be a real hassle to get everything working again and I don't want to re-play without them.

It took me a few hours to get all my mods working, I suspect the DLC will break them. Probably won't come back for it since it would be a real hassle to get everything working again and I don't want to re-play without them.

Out of curiousity, what mods have you found to be worth playing with?

Out of curiousity, what mods have you found to be worth playing with?
Some of them I made myself with config edits, which was a real pain in the ass.
I kept a list of all my mods just incase something broke.

graphics tweaks -- Enhanced Vanilla Graphics mod, plus my own SweetFX.
bigger inventory -- I increased the bag size of the skills to something like 40+ slots.
no lockpick -- All locks removed (everything is unlocked).
infinite flashlight -- Flashlight always stays on (Hard Mode)
no gas explosions -- Hitting gas zombies with fire weapons won't cause them to explode.
random weather mod -- Dynamically cycles weather effects every day. Rain, fog, etc.
Unlimited grapple -- Grappling doesn't have a cooldown.

Jus bought this game on sale recently. Looks like I'll be waiting until February to play

Some of them I made myself with config edits, which was a real pain in the ass.
I kept a list of all my mods just incase something broke.

graphics tweaks -- Enhanced Vanilla Graphics mod, plus my own SweetFX.
bigger inventory -- I increased the bag size of the skills to something like 40+ slots.
no lockpick -- All locks removed (everything is unlocked).
infinite flashlight -- Flashlight always stays on (Hard Mode)
no gas explosions -- Hitting gas zombies with fire weapons won't cause them to explode.
random weather mod -- Dynamically cycles weather effects every day. Rain, fog, etc.
Unlimited grapple -- Grappling doesn't have a cooldown.

hm why are u cheating ? and can u play with mods with others or is that not allowed? :eek:

Just got the game and can't get past the beginning. Can anyone tell me how the hell this jump is possible?

First of all, you can't jump while sprinting which is one of the stupidest design decisions I've ever seen in a freakin parkour game.

Here's what I'm doing. I'm sprinting, releasing the sprint key at the last second (so I can jump), then pressing and holding spacebar while looking at the ledge. But my character only makes it halfway across the jump. Every. Single. Time.

dying_light.png

uh, don't remember much, but I don't think you are supposed to jump there. You see the arrow on the right? I think you are supposed to run to it and then wall-run to that open section

It was my keyboard. Doesn't support W+Shift+Spacebar being pressed at the same time. Switched to toggle sprint and now I can jump while sprinting. My bad. :p

I've been eyeing this game up forever I mean since the Pre Order cards were on the shelf a year ago at Walmart.

Can you group with Randoms?

Back